PDA

View Full Version : QF Testing Validity

HEALY
20th Jun 2006, 07:07
Hi

Is there a period for which the stage 2 psyc and apptitude results are valid for before having to repeat it. Having completed this stage and sim/interview last year (unsuccessful) and being given a chance to be considered again this year (12 months) does it me I have to do stage 2 again?

Cheers

Hugh Jarse
20th Jun 2006, 07:10
Typically 2 years, Healy.

Good luck the 2nd time around:ok:

HEALY
20th Jun 2006, 07:23
Cheers for the quick response HJ

carro
20th Jun 2006, 09:54
Hey HJ

Do you know if the 2 yrs applies to cadets also?

Cheers,

Carro

The Bunglerat
20th Jun 2006, 10:57
Two years - period. For everyone.

I was recently speaking to a guy who has successfully passed ALL stages, been placed on active hold - and is still nervous. As fate would have it, after passing psych-&-skills, he had lengthy waits between that and the sim ride/interview, plus the fact that he is still on hold and waiting for a start date after a considerable amount of time has elapsed. I was gobsmacked when he told me that if he doesn't get a guaranteed start before the two-year period expires, he will have to do it all over again!

Heaven help us, where the bloody hell is common sense?!? Notwithstanding the frustration and animosity of so many towards airline psychometric testing, the fact remains: it is what it is - something that QF and others have no plans of getting rid of in the foreseeable future. Now if there has to be a time limit, fair enough - at least in the context of someone who may have passed psych-&-skills but subsequently failed another component of the process. However, if you've passed the lot, then surely you've passed! End of story. What on earth is there to prove in this instance by forcing a successful applicant to go through it all yet again?!?

Words fail me...

Its the Pleats
21st Jun 2006, 10:19
Two years - period. For everyone. Unless you apply to Jetstar! Fact.