PDA

View Full Version : Flying helicopters at Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

Sax412
20th Jun 2006, 05:37
Anyone out there has ever flown in one of the Canarias Islands? What's the weather like there, winds, temperatures and, why not, how's life there?
Thanks for sharing,
Sax

VEMD
20th Jun 2006, 12:34
If you are thinking fly with Helicsa/Helisureste, please send me a private message & I give you some tips.

CyclicRick
20th Jun 2006, 14:34
I flew an AS350 out there a while back (Gran Canaria). Mostly sunny, very windy and bloody flight plans for every flight which ATC always managed to lose just as you call to start with all your pax on board!
Apart from that, lots of shopping and decent restaurants..have fun.
If you are going to fly for Helione PM me aswell!!!

Rick

SASless
20th Jun 2006, 14:53
Lots and lots of bare breasted Scandanovvian Booby Birds to play with too.

talvin
20th Jun 2006, 17:10
Be careful with HSE/Helicsa...low wages, lack of real schedules...

:(

Oogle
21st Jun 2006, 15:42
The one thing about flying in Spain in general (which is where you are talking about) is that the Spanish ATC authorities have a bit to learn about efficient ATC. You will need a flight plan for everything (at least that is what they told me). And yes, they lost mine on countless occasions.

Maybe some of our Spanish compatriates can shed a bit of light or give some pointers to the foreigners - especially in Barcelona.

That being said, on the radio, the ATC guys are only too happy to help and assist with anything out of the ordinary.

Beautiful country. :ok:

tottigol
22nd Jun 2006, 01:33
Lots and lots of bare breasted Scandanovvian Booby Birds to play with too.
Unfortunately Europe is yet to apply the "age 60 rule" to those, with the result that the average fun is very often diluted.:eek: