PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit view of BO105 Aerobatic Display (Video)

R22DRIVER
19th Jun 2006, 07:04
Hey guys,

Saw this and was amazed from the view!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1666163808985000437&q=heli

:eek: :ok:

soupisgoodfood
19th Jun 2006, 07:50
Yet more pefectly good videos spoiled by some idiot plastering some crappy music over the original sound. :*

Still neat to see a big bird do that sorta thing, though.

CyclicRick
19th Jun 2006, 16:35
Looks like the late Charly Zimmermann. The Action Concept people do TV and film stunt work based in Huerth near Cologne. I've done a couple of films/TV with them you can see their 407 right at the end. I bet the AF is a good one after a flight like that!

The Rotordog
19th Jun 2006, 18:24
Oh, I've flown der Boelkow, and I've done plenty of those maneuvres...inadvertently. Heck, that machine is so unstable and, forgive the expression "Ecurielly" that it tries to turn itself upside down if you even let go of the cyclic long enough to fold a map...which I'm sure is how Zimmerman discovered some of those dipsy-doodles in the first place.

"Okay, let me just look down change this radio frequency here and....Oy vey! Schissen!"

cptjim
19th Jun 2006, 21:52
Looks like the late Charly Zimmermann.

Was that the same guy that took the German TV show host on the scare ride of his life? I heard he had a blade seperation, any truth to that? :eek:

CyclicRick
20th Jun 2006, 00:35
As far as I know he crashed while in a right-hand low level turn which turns very nasty when the collective is pulled, it does a sort of snap roll thingy which has accounted for a few pilots, ironically it was the thing he was teaching 105 pilots not to do that caught him out in the end.

MightyGem
20th Jun 2006, 02:07
Call me old fashioned, but the roof panels are for looking at the sky, not the ground.

Big Bucks Bernie
20th Jun 2006, 09:29
Looks like the late Charly Zimmermann.

Was that the same guy that took the German TV show host on the scare ride of his life?

To me, the pilot stepping up towards the helicopter in this video looks to be Rainer Wilke, the same pilot who took Stefan Raab, that German TV show host, on his little joyride about a year or so ago. But I might be wrong...

CyclicRick
20th Jun 2006, 14:42
BBB:

It depends when the film was shot but you could be right, I can't remember when ACC got hold of the 407 but used to operated by Rhein Ruhr Helicopters who are just up the road in Moenchengladbach if I remember rightly..hard to say