PDA

View Full Version : Internet/email access in Spain

Beagle-eye
18th Jun 2006, 16:11
This has probably been done to death but the latest response in the FAQ’s was February 2004 so I don’t mind (re)raising it.

Bit of a change this year. We are going on holiday to Spain (Guardamar – South of Alicante) and staying in an apartment.

Does anybody have any advice on the best way that I can get online with a laptop ? Is GPRS the best option or is Spain covered by Wi-fi hotspots ?

Any advice gratefully received.

IO540
19th Jun 2006, 07:55
IME (2005) there are few wifi hotspots outside major towns, those that are there have to be paid for, the posh hotels have it (but you have to pay, generally) and a laptop with GPRS (Voda PAYG, Sierra 750 card) worked just fine.

Much as in much of Europe actually.

For aviation weather I rarely bother with wifi nowadays. By the time one has found a connection.......

There are loads of unsecured access points of course in the towns, but it's not easy to walk about with a laptop, or even a PDA, looking for them without it being fairly obvious that you are up to something :)

soggyboxers
19th Jun 2006, 09:36
I'm also off to Spain this week. Usually, if there's no internet where I'm staying I just use a cybercafe. They're all over the place there, fairly cheap and you can enjoy a nice glass of wine, beer or coffee :ok:

TightSlot
19th Jun 2006, 22:23
I've used these people in the past and found them very good

http://www.gonuts4free.com/finall/home.php