PDA

View Full Version : C210 Wheel collapse at LUN

Flying Bean
18th Jun 2006, 11:44
Walking out to board SA ex LUN Saturday 1335.
At the bottom of the steps saw a red C210 with its nose in the deck at the main intersection. Looks like his nose wheel collapsed at the end of his landing roll.
Reg # A2-MAC
Was prepared for a delay of a couple of hours as it was right at the main runway intersection. However, they sat on the tail and wheeled it to the side within 40 mins and we took off on time.
Looks like 1 crew and 3 or 4 pax. All walked into a bus so hopefully no injuries.:ok:

Grum
21st Jun 2006, 16:22
:ouch: Shame. I used to fly that plane and it was lovely. It is based in Maun so the poor guy was miles from home with serious problems to sort out. A flight to LUN would also have been a real rareity. They would have been fighting in the crew room to see who got to go on such an original trip, all to end in a real head-ache.

Strangely I also have the ZS-MAC in my logbook. Just need to pop over to Namibia and fly the V5 version, think its an aero-comander or something.

:)

Tango24
24th Jun 2006, 13:21
Hey Grum! Hope all is going well that side!
MAC is back home already and in NAM!! Will hopefully get her up and running soon, as the season has started to kick off and there already seems to be a shortage of planes!
Off to an Ntswi party tonight! :}
take care mate......:)

Grum
25th Jun 2006, 11:48
:) Ntswi party! sounds dangerous. Bigger runway = even more revellers. Glad to hear MAC will be ok. things this side progressing slowly. Got a few interviews . . . mostly with my bank manager. Co-joed a knigair to Frankfurt for the world cup. Not all that different from Africa just cooler. Take care and enjoy the season.

"Maun Ntswi 38 zone out along the boro" Ahh the memories!

Grum