1. MATHS TEST
2. SIM
3. INTERVIEW
4. COCKTAIL PARTY
5. GROUP EXERCISE

Thanks heaps

marbles1
18th Jun 2006, 12:41
maths test - 30 questions with something like 16 answers to choose from. fairly hard and you most likely won't finish. prep wise try a google search on math aptitude tests and give a couple a go but don't spend more than a couple hours on this as it is not as important as the rest.

sim - 747-200 or 400. they will advise prior to the interview which one it will be. I would suggest buying a couple hours of practice especially if you have no prior experience in that size aircraft.

interview - format was the same as first interview. hr was much the same type of questions where as tech was different questions but same difficulty.

cocktail party - dress up have a couple of beers and mingle with the managers. try and talk to everyone as these people are the ones who make the final decision.

group exercise - 6 or so people in the group. ours was pick the best astronaut for the job. be clear and concise in what you are telling the group. participate but don't take over control of the group unless it looks like it is coming off the rails.

hope this helps

Drunknsailor
18th Jun 2006, 15:34
I agree with Marbles1 assessment. I went through in Feb. DESO. Couple things to add.

First re the actual interview. From my experience, the HR side of the picture is a lot more important and a lot "trickier" then the technical side. You need to put up an airtight case about why you want to work for CX. They will try to find holes in your story from all different angles. Look into your past career history and see if there are any decisions you made that might look like you would not be happy at CX; the interviewers will find them and you'd best have an explanation that casts a positive spin on them! To complicate matters, they are still very jovial and friendly making it easy for bad answers to come out. I don't know if you are a DESO or DEFO applicant; if you are a DESO do your homework on living in HK. I was asked where I thought I would live, how much I could get with the housing allowance in various areas. There was even a little bit of discussion on the price of groceries! Point being, CX wants pilots that want to work for CX and that THEY THINK will be happy there. If you, as I am, are a yank, be prepared for some extra grilling on the above topics. It's not that bad though, if they hired me, that speaks volumes for just about anybody!!

Re the sim. In addition to your paid sim time, or worst case in lieu of, go buy MSFS2004 and find a good addon(buy one, the freeware planes are still not realistic) airplane and fly the profile at your desk, over and over. If you are getting the -200 I recommend the one by Ready for Pushback!

Good luck

Redflyin
19th Jun 2006, 16:03
Hey Drunk, Thanks for the info. Being a Yank as well, I want to pass the HR portion with flying colors too. This is definitely the place I would like to retire at, but are there any specific ways to get this point across like you may have. I just don't want to come off as being too 'cheesy'. What kind of specific questions did they hit you with, so I might be a little better prepared than I would have been otherwise. Congrats, and thanks again. Feel free to send me a PM if needed. Redflyin'

bigbeerbelly
19th Jun 2006, 16:50
Redflyin,
What guys find cheesy, chicks find very touching. My HR answers couldn't have been cheesier, but the HR ladies got what I meant. Just be honest, even if it's cheesy.

BBB

Redflyin
19th Jun 2006, 20:39
Thanks BBB,
I don't plan on being anything but honest. Point taken on the HR answers. I figured they would ask the routine stuff about why Cathay, what about your career progression, and possibly what other airlines have you applied too. Just trying to get as much info as possible. Redflyin'