PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL written in the USA

slepschy
17th Jun 2006, 15:31
Folks,

where do you recommend signing up for the distance learing course for the JAA ATPL written tests? I have heard of Naples Air Center, as well as a place in Orlando and California. I have read a lot of good feedback from Bristol. However I live in Dallas, TX. The price is not a consideration, looks like everyone charges about the same, however I need to get the writtens out of the way rather quickly. Hopefully my airline background helps me progressing fast with the self study. I am shopping around for the best place with the best results. Any recommendations on where to sign up, best prep ware, etc, etc.

Thanks for the input.

tudeski2004
17th Jun 2006, 15:40
Slepschy,

Taking the distance learning course would mean coming over here for the exams if you were to join bristol or any of the other distance learning courses. Most people I know who have sat their ATPL's have used Bristol, however I am different and have chosen London Metropolitan University, which is based next to the Tower of London. www.londonmet.ac.uk.
Prices are almost identical for most courses and as ever most people will have their own views, but I find London Met very good.
Good luck mate

smith
17th Jun 2006, 17:03
Even if you sign up with a uk provider you will have to do the mandatory brush up course in the UK. However I think you would be able to write the exams in Orlando, FL.

slepschy
17th Jun 2006, 17:48
I was under the impression that you can get the brush up sessions, prior to the modules, here in the us.

smith
18th Jun 2006, 10:28
You can do the brush ups in Naples, FL if you enrol on their course. Maybe they would do the brush ups as a seperate course at your expense if you chose a different DL provider.

genius747
18th Jun 2006, 23:02
If you choose a uk based FTO fo the ATPL DL course, you must go to their FTO for the brush up. So in your situation, I would most probably suggest Naples DL package, and then you will be able to do the brush up in Florida, and the exams in Florida too. Although you can sit the actual exams in any of the CAA exam centers. Florida is the only one in the USA though.

slepschy
19th Jun 2006, 03:21
thank you for the info.