PDA

View Full Version : Has Ray Ledlie left NAC?

bus744
16th Jun 2006, 20:53
Just heard a vicious rumour before TOC that R. L has left NAC for another company? Anyone know anything about this?:confused:

4HolerPoler
16th Jun 2006, 22:46
Word on the street is 15 July. Serious fishing expedition for a replacement currently ongoing. Watch this space.

4HP

contraxdog
17th Jun 2006, 04:57
Its not a rumour. He has. 15 June, 24hr notice. Sad day indeed. They lost an officer and gentleman.
Word on the street is that Quilla had their ear on the ground and grabbed him.

B200Drvr
17th Jun 2006, 06:19
Contraxdog,
Word on the ground is true:D

bathtub200
17th Jun 2006, 06:24
Yes it,s very true and there are people in place to take over

south coast
17th Jun 2006, 13:54
well i hope it is not to be the donald sutherland look-a-like as nac went down hill the day he joined.

rl was indeed a very good man, listened to people and said things how they were...

good luck with his new position...

bathtub200
18th Jun 2006, 10:02
South coast ,
I,m afraid to say that the donald sutherland look a like is at this moment set to take over along with his side kick

south coast
18th Jun 2006, 14:16
does anyone know the reason(s) behind him leaving...i thought he was the corner stone of that dept, and without him, as the songs says...'walls come tumbling down...'

the 2 best assets nac had have now gone...the lady with the black hair, and the man who put her there...

wonder how long they will last without such strong characters?

bus744, how did you hear about this all the way there in australia?

are you named after that band i heard on the radio the other day?

propspanner
18th Jun 2006, 15:23
R.L was indeed a good person to work with. As well as the lady with the black hair.

There might be a more people leaving NAC contracts,:{

Will have to watch the space.

:cool: := :ok: :ugh:

Ferrit
18th Jun 2006, 16:17
Big bucks just walked out the door when the True officer and True gentleman walked out. Its the same old NAC over again. Too bad so sad, I wish him all the prosperity that he will get in his next venture.

greaser
18th Jun 2006, 19:52
Divide and conquer,it seems as if the demons have got their way,never will NAC be the same, the body armour obviously was not strong enough,a good man has been lost,may his new position break the barriers of the destroyers

bathtub200
19th Jun 2006, 09:32
south coast,
the reason why uncle Ray left was exactly the same reason why the lady in black hair left.

Life'sShort-FlyFast
19th Jun 2006, 12:18
RL deserves some recognition for the effort that he has put into making NAC a force in the contract market. Sadly it appears as if NAC were not going to be the ones to give him this, so guess what, go and help someone who will hopefully appreciate his efforts. I guess it is frustration that has driven him there.

Sadly NAC has a history of losing people with huge potential. I am not sure if they do not see the potential or just ignore the signs but if you look at some of the individuals who have been through that system and have gone on and made it big in aviation, NAC have to be kicking themselves at their oversight.

I am sure that they will feel the hurt of losing RL. They are however a very strong company and will bounce back.

SAT_BOSS
19th Jun 2006, 12:54
When I heard the news he left my heart missed a beat. Uncle Ray is one of the best people I ever worked with in Aviation. His word is his honor. He is with Bruce at Qwila now.

NAC get up sit up and let the profit of doom tell you all; Ray left and this will be the MOST costly excersize for all of you this year and might actually mean the end of your contracting days.

Uncle Ray I wish you well; a true officer and gentlemen on the OLD and PROPER class.

Cue Ball
19th Jun 2006, 17:45
Was very surprised to hear that the big guy left, he gave me my first break and even took me for a flip in airwolf after I went to see him about a job all those years ago. A true gentleman who understood what we as contract pilots went through.NAC contracts will never be the same again. I wish him all the best in his future endeavours and will say this, if I was still at NAC contracts I would be on the phone to see if he had a job somewhere else for me. I hope to catch up with you soon BOSS.
Best wishes from one of your original "boois'

SAT_BOSS
20th Jun 2006, 08:12
Uncle Ray is at [email protected] and the switchboard is at +27 11 659 2910 Lets all wish Uncle Ray the very best. A true old school man like that NEEDS all our support. He gave all of these 14 replies on this board a break of one sort or another.

Nickerbal
20th Jun 2006, 08:17
Oh no, here we go; now NAC has done it; they lost the greatest person in Contracts.

If he is now at Qwila I wish Qwila & Ray. GREAT PROSPECTS

NAC a pound foolish and a penny wise will be the haunting ground for you guys still. You all lost the greatest man in South African Contracts Aviation.

bathtub200
20th Jun 2006, 08:58
The latest story is that a few co-pilots/captains and engineers have left which leaves NAC contracts in dire straits speacially the contract up in Algeria.
I hope NAC contracts survives this one , or many pilots and engineers will on the job market again following the ROSSAIR saga.:ugh:
Well done to those people who are making this happen:D

Life'sShort-FlyFast
20th Jun 2006, 13:02
Bathtub, what is it that you are smoking. Nobody is making anything happen! RL has simply resigned and moved on. This has left a gap at NAC and by all accounts he will be a huge (in more ways than one!!) asset at Qwila. I can hardly imagine that all of NAC's contracts will now fold as you suggest and to compare RL's departure to the total demise of Rossair is demented!

hyenacackle
20th Jun 2006, 13:56
I think they lost the "BIG ONE". It's all downhill from here.:ouch:

Hmm... I can smell it

Only a bunch of a...oles left. But then again, I do have a bone to pick:E

he hee he hee he hee he hee

GULF69
20th Jun 2006, 15:37
Oh no, here we go; now NAC has done it; they lost the greatest person in Contracts.

If he is now at Qwila I wish Qwila & Ray. GREAT PROSPECTS

NAC a pound foolish and a penny wise will be the haunting ground for you guys still. You all lost the greatest man in South African Contracts Aviation.

"Penny wise Pound foolish....that should be NAC's motto.... You have a bunch of "upstairs" people getting fat cheques at the end of the month, and the rest are not really looked after. They forget that it's 'the rest' that do all the hard work.

bathtub200
20th Jun 2006, 17:00
life short fly fast ,
I smoke cigarretes thankyou.The fact that R.L has left NAC and gone to Qwilla which in turn it means that he has taken knowledge and expertise which the people left behind dont have.I can assure you that when it comes to bid for contracts R.L and B.J will be a formidable team and maybe some noses will be out of joint.

rags
21st Jun 2006, 05:48
It realy warms my old heart when I read all the accolades bestowed on a person the a lot of as worked with, looked up to and for me looked up to as a aviation "ouboet" (older brother).

Ray deserves every one of those accolades

Now let us get some facts straight.

South Coast:)

The lady with the black hair left for more bucks, the same way she left her next job for more bucks. Nothing sinister about it at all. I will refrain from discussions about work quality etc. as this is not the place for these kind discussions

Ray left due to administrative errors made. I have heard rumours about money that needs to be put to rest immediately. He left NAC in good standing because the NAC Board was given no choice in the matter and remember the board does have other boards above them.

Please refrain from using silly names for people. It only shows your own personality. You left NAC with the same high regard as the man we talk about and is still regarded as part of the family. If you did not get on with people keep it for yourself. Your knowledge of the capabilities of those you so happens to criticize are base on a few biased encounters. Those mentioned were appointed by and are still held in extreme high regard by the same person you complement and is complemented by so many in this thread. THAT MEANS A LOT.

NAC is still a powerful company. Sure they go through some difficult times at the moment. NAC will still be the force that it was for the past 60 years. It has the backing and faith of one of the largest companies in South Africa. More than what a lot of the companies that most of the PPRUNE readers can say of the company they work for.

I hope this reply will put a lot of ghost to rest about a man that we so hold in high regard.

Putcodrvr
21st Jun 2006, 10:23
Well said Rags. :D
The only constant in life is change! And change can be good?
My experience is that when one door closes, another always is there for you to open.
Ray gave me that door and I will always be grateful for that! Hope that someday I will also be able to roll a stone out of his path?
Life goes on and Chopper jock's still do it with both hands!:cool:

Life'sShort-FlyFast
22nd Jun 2006, 08:08
Bathtub, I do not deny that RL has a lot of expertise and that he will be an asset wherever he goes with his knowledge. He and BJ will be a formidable force, no doubt. NAC has NOT had a bunch of resignations leaving them in "Dire straights" as you suggest. They have had a normal crew turnover which is consistent with the contract business. Enjoy your cigarettes!

Baas
22nd Jun 2006, 10:38
Hey Lappies :ouch: (Rags) & dear all!
Do not forget that the "Donald Sutherland" looks a like was RL's idea...!
Very sad day indeed bringing in a Military style attitude to a civilian company!
...and as for RL, well, the writing has been on the wall for some time, our daemons do catch up with us, sooner or later!
Just a pity they could not keep Mike from x-ballmoral, now there is a scholar!
Keep the egos in check gentlemen!
B. :E

Life'sShort-FlyFast
22nd Jun 2006, 15:09
Hey Baas, I am out of the loop. Has the ex-Balmoral man gone as well?

Baas
22nd Jun 2006, 15:34
I think he is still with NAC, but not with contracts anymore, not sure...!

B.

:ok:

rattex4U
24th Jun 2006, 09:34
rags:ouch: ,

"people with glass houses shoulnd't throw stones"

u maybe wanna rephrase getting your facts straight with south coast. NAC has the backing & $$$$ of A large company in SA that is why their doors are still open. Backing & faith = LOYALTY that is something that NAC does not know of and never will.

"please refrain from using silly names for people. it only shows your own personality" thats priceless coming from you, MR PERSONALITY.

Anyhow RL was a good man at NAC contracts, pity for future pilots who has to deal with old Donald sutherland duck "oops i did it again......" sorry cyclops:ouch:

:E :E :E :E :E

bathtub200
24th Jun 2006, 09:58
rattex4u,
I agree fully with you - if it was,nt for the best aircraft sales team in the world , NAC would have closed their doors long ago.

See-Bee
24th Jun 2006, 21:05
Rags :ouch: ,

South-Coast is one of the most pro-pilots I have met on contracts :ok: He moved on to a better job :ok: $$ And good luck to him and All those who have left.
R.L one of THE better people I met, whome one can work with and understands the "work" out in the field. And so was the lady with the "black hair"

And if all these people left for the money, well let it be!
Wonder why???:oh:
And this is not the place to to name all the people, for those who wanna read and understands the "turms", well we all know, who is who!:cool:
At the end of the day, we all know you did not like the lady in black???:=
As for Gosts, well...... yes let them sleep :eek:

Maybe, and we all will see, if Qwila makes it ????.... :mad: it will give NAC its run for its money.. all the way to the bank!

To bathtub and rattex, keep it up!

Wonder who is going to take over the Maintenance?? :{
The person who was doing a good job and getting "there" act together has or going to make a move :uhoh:
Good luck to S.P :ok: :cool:

O P ssss the wheels are getting loose!! :} :eek: :oh:

south coast
24th Jun 2006, 23:24
cheers see-bee...

anyway, we all have our opinions and would be a bit boring if we all shared the same ones i guess...

anyhow, life goes on...

just wish i knew who you are...how about a cryptic clue?

Dark_Falcon
25th Jun 2006, 13:57
I met Ray Ledlie many years ago. He is a fine man and all the comments echo that. NAC Contracts cannot last and its not just because RL left. NAC must be proud at having written the book of How Not's:

1. How not to treat staff. :=
2. How not to penny pinch. :ugh:
3. How not to deal with the Oil Industry. :uhoh:
4. How not to get in bed with Idiots in Algeria that has a name with a Rossair Look alike badge. :p
5. OH YES AND DON'T GET RID OF YOUR KEY STAFF SUCH AS RAY AT SHORT NOTICE WITHOUT A REPLACEMENT! Becasue if you replace him with a Donald Sutherland look alike then you will get :{ :{ :{

6. And finally for the grand finale and all the trust :::: That you ONCE had ::: quietly close out contracts and sell aircraft. That is what you guys are good at. The economy is still good to make a good impact on the Industry.

Lets face it guys this is the beginning of the end, or is it the end of the beginning :E Who knows? Enlighten us.

To Ray & Bruce at Qwila ::: Good luck, at least NO contractor has any competition to worry about at NAC anymore! :ok:

maxrated
25th Jun 2006, 17:34
Bathtub200,
Further to your previous comment, I dont beleive at all that NAC has "the best sales team in the world", they simply have a good product to sell !! After all if you needed to buy a 19 seater twin turbo prop to put on contract in a 3rd world country your only logical choice would be a 1900.:ok:

See-Bee
25th Jun 2006, 18:59
Best product??

I am sure if you do your home work, you will find a few other companies who have 1900 for lease. And if you ask nice,.....maybe one or 2 for sale.
So if the 1900 is the one you are looking for, make a turn through the yellow pages :cool:

Baas
25th Jun 2006, 19:01
Dark Falcon...? :suspect:
Let me enlighten you...;)
1. How not to treat staff
2. How to penny pinch (salaries)
3. How not to deal with the Oil Industry. (short supply a/c)
4. How to get in BED with Idiots in Algeria that has a name with a Rossair Look alike badge. (contract their own pilots out..???)
Sorry to say that Mr RL has done just that, (the above) he was the Manager, Director wannabee etc. after all...?
Look at the office staff appointments after "lady with black hair left"? :}
Just ask all the x-NAC contract pilots with some backbone re. salaries etc.etc.etc. :E
Rest my case...!

Sir Cumference
27th Jun 2006, 10:26
Gents and Dark Falcon. I am confused! :confused: On this site, there are many accolades for RL and I fully agree. Nice guy and he has built a tidy business for NAC. What confuses me is that despite the accolades for RL there are many viscious comments about NAC and complaints about pay, treatment of individuals etc. Was RL not at the helm of NAC Contracts for the past 10 or so years? Must he not bear some of the responsibility for the percieved unhappiness?

NAC are great at selling aircraft and like it or not, they have a very powerful aviation management team. I fully believe that they will find someone to pick up the reins and keep contracts ticking over. They are a steady source of work for pilots and engineers and with their backing (Imperial), they are rock solid.

The industry is big enough for many players and there may be a lost contract here which Qwila may pick up but it will be swings and roundabouts. Good luck to RL in his new position. Also good luck to NAC in their search for a replacement.

SC

Baas
27th Jun 2006, 15:49
Old Donald Sutherland looks a like, squadron rum leader's heart :eek: will attack him once more if he reads this...!!!

:mad:

bathtub200
27th Jun 2006, 16:05
Hello maxrated it,s been awhile since you and the Rossair freakout:D

south coast
27th Jun 2006, 17:33
i appreciate you saying i am considered part of the family, i still consider myself good friends with many of the people who work at nac...

however, my post was not a personal attack on the mentioned actor, but purely from an operational view point.

as you can read, it is an opinion shared by several of the 'old school' people who spent several years flying/working for nac

perhaps it is just the 'good ol' days cannot last forever, and that is what we lost when nac became big...

i hope it will serve to offer a great learning experience, lifestyle and time to make great new friends to those now and in the future as it has to so many of us previously...

bathtub200
28th Jun 2006, 12:46
life short flyfast heard thru the vine that the contracts maintenance manager has resigned :( .I wonder who is going to be his replacement?

Life'sShort-FlyFast
28th Jun 2006, 15:32
Old news!! I think that threats of resignation are common with this individual. A bigger plan perhaps?

bathtub200
28th Jun 2006, 16:15
I think the bigger plan is for the big boys of N.A.C to take a serious look at contracts before the whole thing caves in , and trying to do that it will be like sticking a needle up a porcupine,s backside

Baas
28th Jun 2006, 18:03
:D
Thanx to all the boyz for their thoughts, shall we can this topic now?
There is life after RL & NAC guys!
!...ti kcuF

contraxdog
30th Jun 2006, 03:46
OK Guys,
I thinks enough has been said. The rumour was substantiated as fact. Let it be now. Mudslinging could be done at leisure somewhere else. Its my belief that if you dont like where you are, vote with your feet. If you are where want to be, sit on the outside looking in with a sad little smile that reflect the good times that was had. If you dont like what they are doing, start your own company and do it better. Competition is good for job creation, movement means there is still some life in the industry, and a livley industry makes it easier to pay the bills at the end of the month.
I think Oom Ray would agree with this too.....
NUFSED

HOTBOK
4th Jul 2006, 12:09
Nac International Operations....."Contracts" is as the rest of the company audited as a requirement (regularly)... being part of Imperial(a listed company).

In this process and others...... certain "irregularities" came to light......(fact)..............:ok:

Directors of Divisions of any transparent and responsible company have Responsibility and Accountability ito this.

A full investigation was done with independant people ..and certain facts came to light.

Ray been the responsible "Director" ..........resigned.

Ray was a well loved person and served NAC very well for a number of years.

Nobody has the right to slate a Company for doing it's duty as this promotes and installs Good Corporate Practice......something more people,companies and goverments needs in this day and age........long live NAC.....!!!!! (STOP rumours.....with the facts ..):D

swampthing
4th Jul 2006, 19:59
What a great man .. Gave me my first job in contracts flying ZS-NTT in Cameroon.. that was years ago.. but still fresh in the old think box..News travels far.. even all the way to good old Blighty.. Best for the future RAY !!!

Baas
4th Jul 2006, 22:59
In this process and others...... certain "irregularities" came to light......(fact)..............:ok:

...JUST A MATTER OF TIME!

Cue Ball
5th Jul 2006, 17:30
Hey Swampthing ZS-NTT was my first job in Cameroon as well. check your pm's

Baas
13th Sep 2006, 13:06
:E

Just dont get it?

Arrogant has been, that is all what he is, sorry chaps :} !

JetPark
13th Sep 2006, 13:22
Guys, I'm not so sure that PPRuNe was designed to slate individuals? Is it not the idea to verify rumours? Or perhaps express broad views on matters aviation? After all, such individuals are not always here to defend their actions and nor do we really have all the facts at hand to make an informed or accurate assessment. I am not defending RL though my personal experience with him as always been a pleasant one. What I did experience with him is (was) a guy who stands his ground on issues and will not be dictated to by sometimes over-zealous Pilots. His opinion has always been - "you fly the aircraft - let me fly the desk". Something I found that he managed quite well. And, before anyone jumps to conclusions again, I don't work for NAC but have done and still do business with them from time to time. I flew into Cape Town today, had the usual excellent service from the team at Signature Flight Support there and got blown back to where I came from by that Cape south-easter and that is really giving it a go there today! But always a pleasure nonetheless to be in the Cape.

Rude Boy
13th Sep 2006, 13:33
Imagine if we all just came online to let off a bit of steam about anyone with whom we had an axe to grind. It's not really what this forum is about.

Deskjocky
13th Sep 2006, 14:20
freelander, for only your second post on this forum to be an attack on a individual most of us may or may not know is plain stupid, stop being a twit and keep your personal neuroses about this fellow to yourself.

Balloothebear
13th Sep 2006, 14:32
Guys/Girls, pprune is a great site that many of us use on a daily basis, either for updates on whats happening, or to chirp about our experiences on the dark continent!!
Previous threads have been opened by guys without kahoonas slagging employers and employees, get a grip kids, people in aviation are not always going to be warm and fuzzy,like your mamma treats you.
If you have something to say about an individual, say it to them in person, and not behind their backs in a public forum.:=
Mod,please put a stop to these childish whippersnappers and their bleating about individuals:ugh:

wheels up
13th Sep 2006, 15:03
Hear, hear. If you have personal issues with someone, take it up with them personally. This is not the place. (unless the person happens to be a politician).