PDA

View Full Version : Settling in Dubai ( Emirates ? )

Sztoggy
16th Jun 2006, 20:12
Hi, I'm in search of different oportunities where to apply in Dubai, as I'm leaving the french army in one year. My goal is to settle down there because of my familly and girlfriend that are living there.
I have CPL (A and H ) IR ME, ATPL is on the way. Experience, 2800 total with 2000 on single engine turboprop TBM 700, less than 100 on cessna 406 twin turbo, and 500 on helicopters.
I'm making a list that I'd like to complete with your advices, before starting sending CV's.
Once again, thanx a lot for the help U could provide.

Warlock2000
16th Jun 2006, 22:31
This sounds more like GIRLFRIEND than family, so you have 2 options...

Get your girlfriend to move back.
Get a new girlfriend.
:ok:

Sztoggy
17th Jun 2006, 06:31
I got it, but the point is that she just travelled back to Dubai... she joined me in France after her degree, and she got almost crazy after 4 months turning around alone in the house, with nobody understanding english around... ( poor France...)
She returned there for oxygen ( good job and friends ).
About getting a new girlfriend, I'll say that if I was interrested, I'd anyway get some oxygen for myself (understand: need to travel out of this country :eek: )
As I'm in the ME forum, I'm just develloping about Dubai, but I'm definitly ready to go anywhere I can get a good opportunity, and get my girlfriend back in an englisg speaking environement.
Thanx anyway for the advices :O

MR8
17th Jun 2006, 10:05
She returned there for oxygen ( good job and friends ).

Isn't that one of the clubs on SZR?? :E
MR8

masalama
17th Jun 2006, 12:23
in dubai , u have a helicopter charter company that's been around a while now called Aerogulf http://www.aerogulfservices.com/ ...
In abudhabi, 100 kms from dubai u have Abudhabi aviation(helicopters and dash 8 operator) http://www.adaviation.com/
best of luck:ok:

Sztoggy
17th Jun 2006, 12:37
Thanks a lot...:O

bigmountain
17th Jun 2006, 21:57
I believe there is also Falcon Express . Cargo and courier operator flying turbo props out of Dubai. Although you have some twin time you may need to get a tye rating for their aircraft .
Cotacts below
BM

Falcon Express Cargo Airline (FC/553), Dubai, Tel: +971 4 282 6886, Fax: (Admin) +971 4 282 3125, (Operations) +971 4 282 6593, e-mail: [email protected], Website: www.feca.bz, SITA: DXBMACR