PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream Executive Travel

Fried_Chicken
16th Jun 2006, 19:21
I've noticed that Jetstream Executive Travel (ICAO code JXT) have recently been flying a number of charters to Germany from UK Airfields presumably in connection with the World Cup.

Anybody know anything about this airline/operation? Future plans etc?

I understand they are based at Coventry (which is where the aircraft usually position from & to at the end of the day) & they have a fleet of 4 Jetstream 31's (although two of these appear to be for spares use only).

FC

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
16th Jun 2006, 23:22
I have been interested in them also.

Is one of their aircraft G-PLAJ????

Do they have their own AOC, or use another and do they have any North-West connections?

cvt person
17th Jun 2006, 09:39
Yes G-PLAJ is one of their aircraft, yes there is connections with north west.

spanishflea
17th Jun 2006, 09:40
Yes, yes, and only in providing some sub-charters for them, not sure there is anything more involved than that.

captainyonder
17th Jun 2006, 09:43
They have 2 J31s and are based at Coventry. G-PLAJ is definitely one of them, can't tell you the reg for the other. They tend to do a lot of ad-hoc work and have flown for BNWA up at Blackpool quite a bit. I think they have their own AOC, they used to work off the London Flight Centre AOC or something though.

spanishflea
17th Jun 2006, 11:10
At the risk of getting this moved to the Spectators Balcony, they have four Jetstream 31s registered to them:

G-JXTA
G-BYYI
G-PLAH
G-PLAJ

Fried_Chicken
17th Jun 2006, 22:35
SpanishFlea,
I understand that BYYI/PLAH are to be broken up for spares.

I believe they are actively sourcing more Jetstreams, presumably more 31/32's rather than the larger 41 model. Presumably they intend to just operate ad-hoc charters & lease capacity to other airlines at the moment.

Should JXT grow more & take an increased share in the ad-hoc market, it might be interesting to see how Scot Airways & Eastern react as some of their income comes from flying ad-hocs.

FC

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
18th Jun 2006, 09:52
Fried_Chicken

Yep - Football provides Eastern and Scot with a lot of their charter business.

dsendnow
3rd Jul 2006, 09:41
Jetstream do have their own AOC.
GPLAJ
GJXTA
GJXTB
GJXTC
in addition to others being thought about. BNWA have thier own AOC and their own Jetstream that is being operated by Love Air on their AOC.
Just to put the facts straight. (Sad person spotter got nothing better to do)

fredtheanorak
18th Jul 2006, 14:56
JE's a good business run by Steve Green. Really helpful bloke. Not sure about the Love air info though. Doesn't add up to what's on GREG database so someone's got wires mixed.

sqanze
27th Jul 2006, 22:22
the love air aoc is currently dead in the water..i belive the owner of the aoc was nigel 'oar right mate' harris and he is trying to ressurect it to sell to bnwa so they can fly their j32 again.
cpt steve green has his own aoc in partnership with his brother a property developer mike green. i think the jetsteam executive a/c has flown on behalf of bnwa but thats the only link and it's cash up front.