PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs Up or Thumbs down after YVR interview?

Mach75
16th Jun 2006, 19:06
I had the pleasure of meeting a few other CX candidates at the interview last week in Vancouver. I'm just wondering how many other candidates have received a reply and whether they were successful or not.

I, for one, was so convinced that I had bombed the tech portion and blown the entire interview that I was actually considering not even calling to find out my result. Then, to my amazement, they called me and told me I was invited to the final stage in HK July 24-25.

bigbeerbelly
17th Jun 2006, 15:48
That seems to be the norm. Good luck in July. The next one is worse, but take every opportunity to get back to your hotel room and recompose yourself. You'll see what I mean. It seems the guys who swear they "aced" the interview didn't and the ones who "bombed" it didn't.

BBB

mayday911
17th Jun 2006, 16:26
I personally, and this is just my opinion, would go a day or two early and explore HK. It helps you adjust to the time change and during the interview you can talk with the interviewers about what you thought of the city that could possibly one day be your home, albeit possibly temporary. The hotel is, I believe 500HKD a night outside of the nights CX pays for. I stayed an extra night, had some dry cleaning done, ate and drank, and still had to try and spend the rest of my allowance before getting on the plane going home.

Mayday