PDA

View Full Version : The dreaded wait... have i got the job!?

MillyMoo
16th Jun 2006, 18:04
Hi Everyone!

I had my interview with Virgin on wednesday and was told id have to wait 7 to 14 days to find out if id been successfull in getting the job.

Is there any correlation between those who have and havent got the job and the speed at which your letter arrives?

Also, i found it pretty mean how they tell you they will decide whether you have the job or not by the end of the day, yet us wanabe cabin crew have the painfull wait, eagerly watching for the post each morning! :ugh:

I just want to know now... i cant bear the waiting! :)

Iulia
16th Jun 2006, 22:33
Heya, I had my recruitment day last Thursday, and now I too have to wait for some sort of reply... either email or phone.. and its killing me slowly, hate it! I think that if you're successful, they call you to go to the medical etc, and if you're not successful, they email you one of those generic blah blah 'we apologise' sort of emails... I dunno thats what I've gathered so far. Are you from the UK? They recruriting process may be different over there to what it is here in Australia, you said something about waiting for the post? Well with our recruitment process we were told its either email or phone call, but no post. SO hmmm....:ok:

galanjal
19th Jun 2006, 15:41
Hi Everyone!

I had my interview with Virgin on wednesday and was told id have to wait 7 to 14 days to find out if id been successfull in getting the job.

Is there any correlation between those who have and havent got the job and the speed at which your letter arrives?

Also, i found it pretty mean how they tell you they will decide whether you have the job or not by the end of the day, yet us wanabe cabin crew have the painfull wait, eagerly watching for the post each morning! :ugh:

I just want to know now... i cant bear the waiting! :)
good luck!! please let us all know the outcome! xx

MillyMoo
20th Jun 2006, 14:11
Hi Iulia,

Yeah i think its different over here in the UK to Virgin Blue! We definately recieve our notification by post! Didnt show up this morning so im hoping tomorrow as it will have been a week!

I feel your pain... the waiting is aweful!

Best of luck to you tho... ill let you know when i hear anything... and let us know how it goes with you too!!

Milly Woo :)

Iulia
21st Jun 2006, 10:33
Awww... the UK! LOL Silly me MillyMoo! Didn't realise... lol

MillyMoo
24th Jun 2006, 11:44
Hi Everyone...

Today im feeling a bit low... i have been told that it is 7 to 10 days in which a responce to your interview should be recieved but it has now been 10 days since my interview and i still have not heard anything from Virgin! :(

Is it 10 working days perhapps?? I have spoken to a friend of a friend who works for virgin and she seems to think its just 10 days, including weekends, and so this leaves me wondering where i stand?! Should i call Virgin and ask them, or leave it until next wednesday when it will have been 10 working days (14 full days)??:confused:

What to do, what to do!! Anyone who has any thoughts on this please let me know!

Thanks

galanjal
24th Jun 2006, 15:42
hang in there MillyMoo!! give it another few days at least, these things can take time especially when airlines are busy ( and believe me it gets VERY busy!!!) recruiting. leave off ringing them just yet, I know you want to know and also want to appear keen but if HR are busy they might not appreciate your call and will probably just tell you to wait for the post anyway. if you've heard nothing by Friday then I think you would within your rights to phone. but please dont give up hope, these things take time and I bet you will hear something by Monday. let us know xx

MillyMoo
24th Jun 2006, 16:43
Thanks Galanjal,

Ill take your advise and leave it till the end of next week before giving them a ring!

Let you know as soon as i hear anything! :)

MillyMoo
27th Jun 2006, 19:31
I GOT THE JOB!!!:)

Yay... im so pleased! I start my training on the 14th August... anyone else going to be there???!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

The wait was so worth it!!

sinala1
28th Jun 2006, 00:04
Congratulations MillyMoo, you are in for 6 very tough weeks followed by x number of years of fun - well done mate! VA are a great airline to fly with, I was with them for 1 year on secondment from Australia - you are going to have a total laugh

:D :ok: :D :ok:

BabyBel
28th Jun 2006, 17:35
Hi MillyMoo,

I am newto this forum but thought it was a good idea to join as i have also been offered a job by VA. So i am trying to meet other people who are in the same boat as me! I am also starting my training on the 14th August. Just wondering if you are planning on staying in accomadation close to gatwick? If so do you have any idea of where and prices?

Newdolly
28th Jun 2006, 18:02
Hi Millymoo and Babybel

I got Virgin crew starting on Aug 14th too!! Luckily I live within commuting distance so can't help with any info on accommodation but I'll see what I can find out for you. Look forward to meeting you both.

Cragy
28th Jun 2006, 21:23
Nice one Milly,
Still at the looking stage, would appreciate any info on the application process, quals, age limit etc.

Good luck with the training

Many thanks

Cy

;)

galanjal
29th Jun 2006, 21:27
I GOT THE JOB!!!:)

Yay... im so pleased! I start my training on the 14th August... anyone else going to be there???!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

The wait was so worth it!!hey fantastic!!! so so pleased for you! had a feeling you'd get it. really glad for you, welcome to the skies, you will love it x :D