PDA

View Full Version : New Airline Down Under: Gold Air!!

ratstej
16th Jun 2006, 06:42
Please, someone do tell?

Their website is not the best but in its initial stages, they're gonna operate Airbus 320's flying domestic and shorter international legs. They have started recruiting (not Flighties yet), though they are still on their way to establishing all funds too.. whats more interesting its seems to be all revolving around Ansett, possible rebirth?
Might be an interesting one to watch. There was talk about this ages ago, as the First Class only airline. Hope for their sake it lasts longer than OzJet.

Ozzy747
16th Jun 2006, 07:02
dont even botha mate, it wont take long for that crap to fold- thats event if it gets off the ground.

i bet ya its gunna be like that antipodean crap.... remember that??? people had to pay for their cc training and buy their uniform... and worst of all- their routes were something like perth-beirute...lol.

thats what happens when every tom dick and harry wakes up in da morning and sais ' you know... i think i might start an airline' lol. L O S E R S !!!!

flyagain1day
16th Jun 2006, 08:10
Carm down Ozzy747. Sounds like you have a chip on both shoulders.
Leave the bags at home mate.
If these people have a dream to start a new business good luck to them.
What right do you have to put your 2 cents worth in when you have no idea what you are talking about. Take a chill pill.:yuk: :yuk:

ozangel
16th Jun 2006, 08:22
Just be careful. Understand how this stuff works.

Personally, I would not take them seriously until they are in the process of gaining an AOC. You can find information about this on the casa website.

Until they start the long (months, years sometimes) process of gaining an AOC, dont get excited, and dont take it too seriously.

People got sucked into antipodean by ignoring the basics an airline needed to fly - an AOC and relevant permissions to operate.

Any airline that conducts flight attendant interviews before starting this process, be very wary of!

Ozjet may not have lasted long on RPT routes, but they, like any other start up, followed the process. The process is your assurance they are for real.

Lodging an intention with casa does not compare to an aoc application!

This proposal has also been around, from the same person/persons, since about 2002! 4 years now! Nothing much has changed either.

Not writing it off, but just saying, be careful. Dont give anyone your money without understanding what your doing in full!

REDRATA330
16th Jun 2006, 08:59
Well said ozangel.:ok:
Good luck to them as well.:D

Woomera
16th Jun 2006, 10:42
Folks;

This proposal has also been around, from the same person/persons, since about 2002! 4 years now! Nothing much has changed either.

The giveaway with this company is the "Venture Consulting Opportunities" which seems to be code for "you work, write manuals and train at your own expense and in return we give a share of the airline." fair enough, your call.

Now I am not suggesting that this lot are in any way guilty of the same but we had a gentleman ??? arrested in Perth just recently for scamming CC Flight Training with promise of a job, with a company called Antipodean Air. Caught quite a few some with their last dollar:{ . The companies business address was a boarding house in the UK.:{

Moral of the story being look for the color of their AOC before you spend ANY dollars. Dont get bluffed by the "if you dont want the job there are plenty of others we can employ" routine. Code for there is one born every day.:ok:
Oztralia is full of carpetbaggers and strolling entrepreneurs of no fixed percentage.

Now if anybody is interested, I can get you a really good deal on the Sydney Harbour Bridge.:p

HoHum
16th Jun 2006, 14:20
Oooh oohh oooh... How much for the Bridge!!??:O I may be interested !! hahahahaha:E

Iulia
16th Jun 2006, 22:38
So then people... what ARE the companies that one can apply within Australia for an F/A position that is reliable?

ratstej
17th Jun 2006, 02:38
Reliable... you'll need to define that but just the major carriers really:

For anyone who wouldnt know?????? why you wouldnt, god knows?!

Qantas- www.qantas.com.au (http://www.qantas.com.au)
VirginBlue- www.virginblue.com.au (http://www.virginblue.com.au)
Jetstar- www.jetstar.com (http://www.jetstar.com)
Regional Express- www.rex.com.au (http://www.rex.com.au)
QantasLink (Sunstate)- www.qantas.com.au (http://www.qantas.com.au)
QantasLink (Eastern)- www.qantas.com.au (http://www.qantas.com.au)
National Jet (wet lease for QF)- www.nationaljet.com.au (http://www.nationaljet.com.au)
Australian Airlines (wet lease for QF)- www.qantas.com.au (http://www.qantas.com.au)

There are all the other little airlines like AirPelicana, O'Connors, Alliance Air etc etc.. prob reckon the smaller regionals are more reliable but some obvious differences between a Domestic Carrier and the REgionals..

Woomera
17th Jun 2006, 02:40
Qantas (and it's subsidiaries), Virgin, National Jet only. Possibly Alliance, Skippers and Air North?

I guess any airline that is actually operating or actually possess an AOC, rather than just talking about it.

Anything else you treat like a black snake. A black snake doesn't necessarily want to kill you, but he can. Stay a safe distance until you can positively establish his bona fides. :ok:

flyblue
17th Jun 2006, 09:23
Thanks Wooms for the advice :ok:

Links added to the FAQ_and_useful_links_thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=146469)

BHMvictim
18th Jun 2006, 23:07
I guess that RMA Gold airways is to planning a p!ss-take on the Qantas flying kangaroo..... they are going to have a flying pig on their tails. Which is quite a co-incidence really......

Escape_Slide
19th Jun 2006, 01:00
I rang the agency that did the interview with me and they said, as far as they know, they are moving their website and that they have secured an interest in a credible investor in the USA. But you don't know what to believe, I guess.

The fact is, it is tough for a start up when so many failed before. They would be well aware of the lack of confidence by investors that the market cannot be penetrated easily so perhaps this is the reason they are taking so long. But the Victorian Government really ought to be supporting them, escpecially with their intention being to be based in Melbourne and doing maintenance there instead of backing a bunch of losers who don't want to employ anyone from Ansett.

Interestingly, on that score, the lady who spoke to me at the agency said they had been told to advertise overseas for ex Ansett pilots and tell them that the company will pay for their endorsements as they will offer ex Ansett pilots overseas first bite of the cherry even if they hold only 737 or 727 endorsements.

Anyway I wish them luck because they are prepared to take the hard ball.:ok:

ozangel
19th Jun 2006, 03:45
ES. Someone in D+G posted that it had been removed as it was not worth the money they were spending on it - stating that the amount of traffic the website recieved was not enough to keep it up.

They also said that now all they need is an investor. Pretty critical thing to be needing?

Now surely if someone wanted to invest in an Australian airline (giggles - sorry, the concept is quite amusing to me), they would look to something like Ozjet (which I believe is for sale). Now whatever your opinions on Ozjet, it is an operating airline with an RPT AOC, ready to go! They could buy the AOC and do what they like with it (similar to how Queensland Air Holdings got Flight West, and transformed it into Alliance, or how Australiawide Airlines got hold of Hazos and Kendell and morphed it into Rex). Both Alliance and Rex are solid, and now profitable airlines - and have eased into a groove where they provide a unique product that sets them apart..

Regardless of what you think of Ozjet - you would think that if an investor had the choice between buying an operating airline, with an established and ready to go management team, or investing millions and millions in someone elses dream airline, spending more millions on aircraft, recruitment, training, getting an AOC, making arrangements with airports etc..

Of course, common sense may just prevail, and the investor could just decide to buy another mansion by the sea and sip cocktails of an afternoon sunset?

The VERY first lesson I was taught in aviation was: 'If it flies, floats or f**ks, rent it'. Please do excuse the language!

Escape_Slide
19th Jun 2006, 16:24
You are not right Ozangel. The AOC is for 737-200. If you sell the airline the new owners have to satisfy CASA they can operate the airline. Ozjet only has a minimum number of people on board at present including my brother who flies with them. The AOC is basically owrhtless.:=

ozangel
19th Jun 2006, 18:52
maybe so - but its still a lot less mucking around than a completely new setup, and theres at least a bit more of a guarantee.

Escape_Slide
22nd Jun 2006, 07:06
Oh look mate I do agree with you on that score but the Ozjet documentation is very basic and only was for a limited number of airports. It's not unusual to limit the number of airports to speed the process up. I guess if Gold Airways wants to be a Qantas, they will try to go for a national approval. I think the boys at CASA are a great bunch. They don't deliberately try to delay an AOC being issued but the process is quicker these days because the guys at CASA have put down guidelines which help applicants along. It should be possible to get an AOC in less than 30 days for a well prepared submission, based on comments by my good friends there.

SmoothCriminal
22nd Jun 2006, 17:20
It should be possible to get an AOC in less than 30 days for a well prepared submission, based on comments by my good friends there.

Now Now.....that'll surely get entered in the Guiness Book of World Records.....:}

it takes more than a month to get a flippin ASIC card these days :E

Smoothie

Escape_Slide
7th Jul 2006, 00:17
I thought DOTARS issued the ASICs? So what's this got to do with CASA??

:hmm:

Jens_Buche
17th Jul 2006, 01:56
Leane7, I will be happy to answer any questions about Gold Airways that you may have to clear up any misconsceptions.

Regards

Jens Buche

Escape_Slide
21st Jul 2006, 06:37
Leane7 must be on assignment!

I have a question Jens.

Is Gold Airways tied up with Tiger Airways by any chance? The timing is unbelievably coincident with TA's announcement that is will be involved with another start up. :eek:

Jens_Buche
21st Jul 2006, 12:01
Hi Escape_Slide,

It is not appropriate for me to comment on a Tiger Airways tie up.

However, strategically, a tie up with a reputable and disciplined carrier makes sense for Gold Airways' global expansion plans. Taking this a step further, new frontiers could be forged with the new domestics in Europe and the Americas for example. If Gold Airways was able to enter into such arrangements, it would need to be satisfied that the airlines it was working with had very high standards.

In respect of this forum, I think this concept has huge potential for Gold Airways to develop cabin crew cultural exchange programmes.

Regards

Jens