PDA

View Full Version : CPP 1st stage interview

flaps.what
16th Jun 2006, 03:18
Hello,

I had my CPP first stage interview about two and a half weeks ago, but I'm still waiting for my result. Although I believe I did well in the interview, now I started getting worry about it since most of the candidates in this forum said they received the news within two weeks. I wonder is there anyone here had their interview around that time and still waiting for their result, or anyone had similar experience and get into stage two? Am I suppose to wait this long because I'm not applied as overseas candidate? Thank you for the advise :8

fw

K3nnyboy
16th Jun 2006, 07:30
sometimes no news is good news

but it took them about a month for me to get the rejection letter~

Koyo
16th Jun 2006, 23:58
Sorry to hear that Kenny. Did you file your application from HK or from Australia? I'm just trying to clear up some facts as some had stated that an oversea application for CPP will receive expedited treatment.

K3nnyboy
17th Jun 2006, 16:32
i filed my application fm AUST, which CX does really try to speed up their process for oversea applicants, compare to local, which i personally think it's a advantage since you get to know your result quicker no matter what.
Have you file yours in?

Cheerz~~

k3nnyboy

Koyo
17th Jun 2006, 16:47
Nope. I'm going to finish my PPL first and lose some weight first.

flaps.what
17th Jun 2006, 16:51
i filed my application fm AUST, which CX does really try to speed up their process for oversea applicants, compare to local, which i personally think it's a advantage since you get to know your result quicker no matter what.
Have you file yours in?

Cheerz~~

k3nnyboy
Wow, so you applied as oversea applicant but waited a month to receive the reject letter for stage one? Seems like I have to wait for my result a little bit longer than that because I applied as local applicant. :hmm: I'll keep my finger crossed and see if cx will contact me next week :\

fw

flaps.what
22nd Jun 2006, 04:24
Ok it is over a month now and I still not hear anything after my 1st interview... Should I give them a call? Which number should I call?

I also wonder if cx only calls people in the morning. I don't want to wait for their call at home everyday...

jynt
22nd Jun 2006, 04:49
flaps.what - did you not provide them with a mobile phone number? it seems a real waste of time to have to sit at home everyday waiting for their call.

i want to ask you, how long did you wait between sending off the application and getting called for the first interview? hope you make it to 2nd soon!

Lowspirited
22nd Jun 2006, 05:21
f.w are you a local applying or overseas? if you are overseas isn't one month already passed the scheduled stage 2 for you? :uhoh:

flaps.what
22nd Jun 2006, 09:18
jynt - Yes I gave them my cell phone number, but still, I don't want to miss their call :bored:. Here are the events of my selection process:

Mid Jan - Send the CPP application via airmail.
Mid Feb - CX responses, and I notify them the date that I return HK
Mid May - Initial Test
Late May - 1st Interview
Late June - Getting nervous and waiting for my interview resule

Lowspirited - I'm applied as local. CX says it will take around 2-3 months for the selection process. It is the 2nd month now and I'm still stuck in between stage 1 and 2..

f.w.

Lowspirited
22nd Jun 2006, 09:21
hahaha no need to worry then, i heard cx works a lot slower for local applicants, some poor applicant waited for 2 months to get the call :ok: