PDA

View Full Version : Flights to Quilpie/Windorah

CaptHairDryer
16th Jun 2006, 00:45
Hi all. Does anyone know of any flights (other than ******) that fly to Quilpie or Windorah? Our friends at ****** have a full metro all next week :ugh: and I need to get there from Brisbane. If anyone has any ideas with regards to freight flights or other means please advise. I have an ASIC. :}

BEACH KING
16th Jun 2006, 01:50
CHD,
You will have no luck getting there by aircraft if ****** are full, as they are the only ones who go in there. Bank runs and such are done by road from Charleville. I have made some calls and so far don't know of anyone going out that way by air in the next 7 days or so.
QF fly daily to Charleville and can probably get you a lift easily by road from Charleville to Quilpie daily on the road courier or on a roadtrain (only one pax though). The local Charter operator South West Air Service (07 46543033) could fly you out. PM me if you are interested.

CaptHairDryer
16th Jun 2006, 12:09
BEACH KING
you are a true gentleman! I did not expect anyone to do make calls for me, thanks heaps hey! I have made plans to catch the bus to Charleville then the metro to quilpie, thanks heaps hey much appreciated!! The dash 8 was looking at $400 one way this week to charleville and Longreach, so it's worked out cheaper to bus it, thanks again your a gentleman!! :ok:
CHD

Contract Con
17th Jun 2006, 10:43
Good onya Beech King:ok: :ok:

And say Gday to Wadey and Dirty Dave for me:}

Cheers

Con:ok: