PDA

View Full Version : Baneasa LR60 Gear collapse

BlueWhiteSky
15th Jun 2006, 22:09
Hello community,

does anybody have more information on the LR 60 R/H main gear collapse after landing in Bucharest Baneasa on 13 or 14 June? How much damage to the aircraft, repairable or hull loss? Did it happen due to constuction work on the airport or hard landing? Pics available somewhere on the net?

Citation500
17th Jun 2006, 15:19
Hi,

I just know that it was a Jet Alliance (Vienna) Aircraft. Ex D-CIMM now Austrian Registered. Itīs the same Aircraft that was already involved in a Gear Incident in Moscow earlier this year.

Cheers

Captain Bluebear
28th Jun 2006, 06:26
Hey there !

The Lear-Gear apparently hit a pile of dirt from the construction worx right at the begining of the runway (!), the R/H MLG collapsed. the A/C slided along the runway and hit a tree. Thanx-2-god no injuries!!! I don`t know the exact status of the A/C condition, but as I know what happened now, I guess the Lear is quite wrecked...

The dirt pile at the beginning of the RWY was not in any way NOTAMed !!! So it was not a technical problem, nor was it a Piloterror. It was clearly a result of a sloppy attitude towards safety, from an Airport which is, IMHO, not realy famous for its great quality of work...

Hope this Info helps to shed some light on this incident.