PDA

View Full Version : Geoff Cartner

JetSetJimbo
15th Jun 2006, 18:09
Hi, I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to post this or not - but it seems most fitting - moderators please feel free to move or delete as necessary.

My Father, Geoff Cartner, died on Monday of this week - suddenly and unexpectedly - although he was 73. He flew for a number of airlines in his time and chasing through his log-books and Pilots Licenses (UK No 49 Thousand and something) I've discovered that he flew for the following airlines between 1955 and 1986:

Biggin Hill Air Touring Club - Austers
East African Airways - Dakotas
Silver City - Bristol 117 Freighters
Bahamas Airways - BAC 1-11's, Dakotas, Viscounts
British Eagle - Viscounts
Court - Viscounts
British United - Viscounts, BAC1-11
British Midland Airways - Viscounts, Boeing 707s
Tempair - Boeing 707s
Laker - Boeing 707s, DC10s
ZAS - Airline of Egypt - Boeing 707s

He then gave it up and owned a Hotel in West Sussex before buying a field and turning it into a vinyard.

If anyone has any stories or would like to know more - please PM and I will fill you in!

Thanks
James

JW411
21st Jun 2006, 15:58
I've only just stumbled across your posting and I am very sorry to hear that your Dad has gone off to the hangar in the sky. I flew with him on DC-10s with Laker and he was always great fun to fly with.

Perhaps more folks would see your notice if you moved it to the "Where Are They Now" forum?

JetSetJimbo
21st Jun 2006, 19:41
Will do - thanks, I'm getting the opinion from lots of corners that he was fun to fly with - although apparently his jokes were terrible!

I'll post this in Where Are They Now too - thanks!