PDA

View Full Version : CX Call

ataboy
15th Jun 2006, 17:52
Did anyone who interviewed in YVR last week receive a call about stage II?

cpt.morgan
16th Jun 2006, 15:31
I emailed and got the thumbs down.

ataboy
16th Jun 2006, 15:40
I also got the thumbs down, but I will continue to keep my file up-to-date.

Redflyin
16th Jun 2006, 19:14
How did you guys feel you did immediately after the interview?

ataboy
17th Jun 2006, 01:29
Well, I felt the HR side went well but the tech side hit me like brick in the head :ugh:

90% of what I had studied was not asked so I was caught a little off guard, but then again that is part of the exercise. I drew blanks on the simple questions but could explain complex thing (but they where not asked).

Overall it was a great experience and Cathay was nothing but professional throughout the whole process.

I will continue to update my file and see if they will give me a chance at redeem myself.

Good luck to everyone who made it to stage II :D

Redflyin
17th Jun 2006, 02:48
Ataboy,
That's the kind of attitude that will get you the job next time. It seems their questions vary a bit at times. Can you remember the types of questions that stumped you, so that others might look into those types of subjects? Thanks for your help, and just keep re-applying. It shows them you still want it.

R8TED THRUST
17th Jun 2006, 19:08
I was interviewed as well last week in YVR and was succesfull got an email for a second interview in HKG.... Really excited. I found the interview hard as well as the standard questions were not asked they were more type specific questions. Any insight on stage 2 would be great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.

Cheers,
R8ted

Redflyin
17th Jun 2006, 19:51
Type specific as in the 747, or type specific about what you are/have been flying?

Had a buddy say they asked him about a aircraft that he hadn't flown in a couple of years.

PNH2ATL
17th Jun 2006, 23:32
I was asked about an aircraft I had not flown in 10 years. I think it was only because the guy asking the questions had flown the same type. I too got a call for a 2nd interview although I did not interview in YVR.

cdwcdw
18th Jun 2006, 00:45
just out of curiosity, is your interview for the cadet pilot program?

PNH2ATL
18th Jun 2006, 00:59
No it was for a DEFO position