PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue Secondment to Virgin Atlantic SYD base

Gpik
15th Jun 2006, 13:42
Virgin Atlantic are increasing their SYD base to 36 crew and are to do this by seconding Virgin Blue crew to Virgin Atlantic, interviews taking place next month with the Virgin Blue crew starting in October. Crew compliment on the Virgin Atlantic flights from SYD/HKG will consist of 2 Senior OZ crew, and 2 Oz Cabin crew , aswell as 1 FSM, 1CSS, 2SCC, 2CC from LHR base and 1CSS,1SCC,2CC from HKG base.

FSM - Flight Service Manager
CSS - Cabin Service Supervisor
SCC - Senior Cabin Crew
CC - Cabin Crew

Oh and of course we always have our lovely IFBT how could I forget about the most glamerous people of all..tut tut :D

sinala1
16th Jun 2006, 00:09
As an ex VA/VB exchangee, alot of VB crew are asking me if the SYD base is a good deal or not. I say to them, and any other VB crew looking at it - if the $$ are of no importance to you, then go for it - its not very often you will get a long haul basing in Australia these days!!! I know its only SYD-HKG-SYD, but truly, the experience is an amazing thing and really opens your eyes to the different styles of flying that are out there :ok:

petitfromage
16th Jun 2006, 09:21
Sorry I dont understand what you mean by "styles of flying"?

Rgds
PF

sinala1
16th Jun 2006, 23:43
Short Haul v Long Haul

LCC v Full Service Carrier

Narrow body v Wide Body

Small Crew v Large Crew

Short Haul Pax v Long Haul Pax

Different service flows, different product delivery methods, different destinations, different layover times

Effectively its comparing apples and oranges - both fruit, just totally different types/styles of fruit!

adam_ant
17th Jun 2006, 01:05
I would love to have a crack at it, but while I wouldn't be doing it for the money, I'm not sure I could survive in SYD for 18 months on that salary! Maybe if I cut out mobile, car, haircuts, movies, drinking, shopping, electricity, water, food. Do you think one could live on crew food alone?

Maybe I'll wait for a BNE base. joke:)