PDA

View Full Version : ICUS at YMEN or YMMB.

brown_eyes
15th Jun 2006, 12:41
Any charter companies at Essendon or Moorabbin offering Twin ICUS time. If there is could you please PM me.

16th Jun 2006, 00:13
Me also! Thanks

an-124
16th Jun 2006, 01:13
National Aerspace training have an ICUS program.

The Bunglerat
16th Jun 2006, 14:01
National Aerspace training have an ICUS program.

Yeah, but I believe it's done in the C337, a.k.a. the "Push-Me-Pull-Me" machine. Probably not the kind of twin hours that'll make much difference to career progression, being centreline thrust and all.

novicef
16th Jun 2006, 14:26
Their last quote was $19,000 for an MECIR and ICUS package. Flying done out of Alice Springs and Darwin.

A37575
17th Jun 2006, 08:09
You mean that the dual training to obtain a CIR was actually logged as ICUS and not dual?

rmcdonal
17th Jun 2006, 09:52
While where talking about it. What is the excepted price these days for ICUS? And on what type?

bushy
17th Jun 2006, 14:37
Is this "ICUS" a variation of the Paying for a job scheme? How much does it cost to do the IR without icus?

Square Bear
18th Jun 2006, 04:17
Bushy

The National Aerospaces Training website cost their CIR course at $10 734 (which includes the test but not the theory). This seems to fit in with prices available from other schools found on the web. Saw pricing which included $7 500, $9 585, $9 694 and $10 391. Some included the test and some not.

So if Novicef is correct “Their last quote was $19,000 for an MECIR and ICUS package. Flying done out of Alice Springs and Darwin”, this makes the ICUS component just over the $8 000 mark.

Again if correct, I reckon it is all a bit sad really, seems to me that the idea is to get further subsidies for an operation that is already in place. In all probability the concept could also allow one to undercut a competitor.

I guess they are not the only one doing it, but to me tht doesn’t make it right though.

Some years ago there was a Qld company that threw in about 20 hours of twin ICUS for free. The flying was already funded and the extra ICUS really consolidated the IR training.

Soulman
18th Jun 2006, 04:56
Second hand details, so take it with a grain of salt. :=

$19 800 total. MECIR in the Duchess. 30hrs on a 210. 15hrs on a 310 and another 15hrs on the PA31.

Followed by that magic word - employment. :ooh:

Soulman.

M.25
18th Jun 2006, 05:32
Followed by that magic word - employment. :ooh:

Anyone should be VERY careful about being offered employment ANYWHERE at the end of a course. I don’t know much about this outfit, but I find it very hard to believe that they have enough jobs to employ everyone who takes up this magical package. If they have every intention of employing you then they should be paying you for the ICUS. Just under twenty grand is a lot of money.
Remember also that you would have to relocate yourself to Darwin or Alice and sit around for months waiting for empty seats on charter flights to build the promised ICUS. All ads up $$$$$$.

grrowler
18th Jun 2006, 06:17
Agree with M.25,

On top of the icus cash, you've gotta relocate and then survive until the time comes when you stop paying them to do the flying and they start paying you, as a professional, commercial pilot.

And unless you happen to be the one there at the right time, it could take ages to get those hours. So it's not even really a quick leg-up into the industry.

Take your cash, head north, set up camp in your target town, and get a real job. It's been done thousands of times before, by guys/ girls now doing what (I assume) you're aspiring to do.

Save your money for your Jet* endo :E :hmm: ;)

bullamakanka
18th Jun 2006, 09:53
Anyone who pays 8K for ICUS is a total twit. Is this the caliber pilot that a company would like to employ anyway? If the said company does give them a job then thats probably good for the other firms around the place.
If they dont get offered a job at the end of it then bad luck to the pilot. They signed up for the "deal" in the first place.

I would still like to know which twin runs the ICUS guys fly? Just the dead legs or with pax?

A good IR training comapny will try and give you some ICUS for free at the end of a rating or maybe charge a very minimal fee for it.

Bulla..