PDA

View Full Version : Cost of living at Dubai

Sir Fatty
15th Jun 2006, 11:22
Hi all,
I know there are a lot topics regarding cost of living at Dubai. I have the chance to get a Job which brings me around 8300 dhs and a housing allowance in the amount of 4200 dhs.
Is it possible to "live" with that amount of money in Dubai? By the word "live" I mean go out once in a while, probably get a JetSki someday but not staying at home and waiting for the next shift to beginn. Probably I will not save some money.
In my opinion there won´t be much left of my money. Since a year I have this thought in my mind to work in the sandpit. I also found alot in this message board about the good sides and predominantly about the shadow side of working in the middle east.
I am just looking for an answer on following question:
Can I live, not survive, in Dubai with the offered salary and the housing allowance?
Many thanks for your replys.
Sir Fatty

Vorsicht
15th Jun 2006, 11:45
Not a chance in hell. Dont even think about it.

Nil defects
15th Jun 2006, 11:46
No, there is no way in the world you will "live" on that money in Dubai. You would lead a basic existance between shifts and thats it.

The housing allowance won`t even get you a one bedroom appartment let alone pay for the utilities.

Those that do survive on that money usually have company provided accomodation and many live in Sharjah where the rents are a bit cheaper but the daily commute in heavy traffic would be very difficult.

Left Wing
15th Jun 2006, 11:49
stay away from such companies..what a joke..single guy to survive US$6000 at least and a basic lifestyle

Sir Fatty
15th Jun 2006, 12:43
guess I just needed a confirmation of my thoughts ... thank you all