PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair online check-in

smith
15th Jun 2006, 09:24
Advice on this, DO NOT USE IT. Nobody seems to have a clue whats going on.

Used on a PIK-BVA flight, security didn't know what it was and sent us back to the desk. We had torn the "tear here" section off, to be told we wern't to tear it off. On the plane the stewardess checked every passport number against every "boarding card". Thus causing a log jam on there precious turn arounds.

On the way back security didn't have a clue and sent us back, then again passports were checked against those quoted on boarding card. Thought these were meant to make things easier and no need to check in at desk result was two extra journeys back to check-in and delay while everything was checked.

DO not use it until it has been tested for a few months!!!

OpsSix
15th Jun 2006, 10:01
Myself and a mate used the online service when going from LTN-DUB. When we got to security, the guy scanned the barcode on the printed boarding card and it said "wrong departure airport." We were sent back to check in where we had normal boarding cards issued. The girl said it had been going on since the scheme started :rolleyes:

Well done FR :ugh:

The late XV105
16th Jun 2006, 13:24
I've used Ryanair's online check-in many times on my very regular run between Stansted and Skavsta (The euphemistically named "Stockholm South") without incident. A great way of getting another hour in bed before my sparrows departures and not a single hitch.

The only times I have come close to a problem were at Göteborg Säve airport where they didn't have the necessary scanning equipment. This meant I had to join a (short, fast moving, and helpfully staffed) queue to register that I'd turned up for the flight.

Now all Ryanair has to do is adopt easyJet and BA's cabin baggage policy of "weight limited by your strength and separate laptop bag allowed" (under the seat in front for BA) and I'll no longer have to resort to jigsaw packing and sawing the toothbrush handle off (joke) for my 3-4 day trips (packing everything I need in laptop bag alone).

LFC24
17th Jun 2006, 19:11
Im thinking of using this service on an upcoming FR flight LBA-DUB if I'm allowed (travelling as a group) but after reading this thread I'm having some doubts...

Should I or should I not?

jack_essex
17th Jun 2006, 22:41
My brother used the online check in for his STN - MPL flight a few weeks ago. Went fine and he said it was so much easier than having to stand in the check in line for ages.

OpsSix
18th Jun 2006, 06:16
Im thinking of using this service on an upcoming FR flight LBA-DUB if I'm allowed (travelling as a group) but after reading this thread I'm having some doubts...

Should I or should I not?

Even if it doesn't work, you'll still have a low boarding card number so as long as the gate agent does their job correctly, you'll be in the first group to board.

jack_essex
18th Jun 2006, 09:19
Even if it doesn't work, you'll still have a low boarding card number so as long as the gate agent does their job correctly, you'll be in the first group to board.

Very true. As just mentioned, if for whatever reason the online check in doesn't work at security, you will just be re issued with a 'real' boarding card of the same number.