PDA

View Full Version : GF does it again... DECs!!!

JoeJack
15th Jun 2006, 04:38
Well, it was too good to be true. All those upgrades on A320 and B767. Explicit commitment from VPO to upgrade from within. Seniority Lists. Temporary captains (which recently got their contract extended until their retirement). And so on.

There`s a full group of prospective B767 DECs in town for assessment. Seems like GF will hire 6 or 8 of them. PLUS one gentleman already hired and well under training on A320. Seems like none of these decisions were published via webmail with a VPO`s signature.

B767 DECs have been a fairly common practice every now and then, so doesn`t cause too much surprise, although definitely causes lots of frustration. BUT A320 DECs is a genuine breakthrough is the last 3-4 years policy. Wonder how many more will come.

Everyone in the region (mainly QR, EK and EY) recruit DECs. Fair enough, they`re expanding at good pace and eventually training cannot cope with upgrades and new hires F/Os. As far as I know, Gulf Air is NOT expanding. We still have 34 planes and not a single order or even LOI or MoU. We also have in-house Sims, now relocated in BAH, no more need to DHD to DOH. So, is there really a need for DECs? :sad:

Safe Flights,

JJ:ok:

LDG NO BLUE
15th Jun 2006, 06:30
Hello there JoeJack,

Unlike DE First Officers, these DECs will block the path to our command and all the promises to upgrade from within were empty words.
It does not surprise me, however. I said in the past that to hire a single direct entry FOs was to take a dangerous path towards DECs and now we see the results.

DEC 320:
Have a look on mygulfair.co and there is a guy who parachuted into the 320 left seat. Who is this guy? Where does he come from? Very high staff number. Local name.

When other airlines in the ME have to cope with expansion hiring DECs, Gulf Air does it for the lack of competence and professionalism.
Do you think VPO or aHOFO are worried about this? Not even an email, habibi....

LNB

bird dog
16th Jun 2006, 20:31
Hello everybody,

We all signed the training bond based on company policies as we depend on then to make decisions regarding our careers perspectives. As they are changing the rules and policies all the time, including a recent letter from the VPO about carrer progression at GF( no joke), does anyone know if the training bond still applies in a legal dispute?

Thank you,

Very disappointed pilot.

scanscanscan
16th Jun 2006, 22:00
Bird Dog you are employed in the Gulf.... the track record is.... pilots contracts generally are only enforceable one way....GFs.
GF managers have always screwed their pilots and the contract is not worth the paper it is written on ....to the pilot.
Remember the show must go on and be run under their terms.
Would you like to try and run that mess?
Try not to get too depressed.......and remember to fly safe.

In such way that...
16th Jun 2006, 22:43
The guy that joined 320 is ex-air arabia.:ugh:

LDG NO BLUE
17th Jun 2006, 06:00
A quick refresher from 4 months ago...

Quote:

"Sub: Career Progression in Gulf Air

Gentlemen,

This letter is to adress concerns voiced by several of you regarding your career progression with Gulf Air.

Prospects for Command Upgrade

Gulf Air remains commited to promotion to Captain from within the ranks of Company First Officers. This has been consistently demonstrated over the last 3 years, with the largest Command Upgrade program in Company's history.

Captain H.A
Vice Presiden Operations"

virgin camel
17th Jun 2006, 07:42
This is very short sighted of GF.
Treat your pilots with scant regard and you yourselves will be treated the same...

jackbauer
17th Jun 2006, 07:55
Just asked around the office and nobody knows anything about DEC's. The next batch of interviews (end June) are for DEFO's not Capts. The Captain you refered to who just came from Arabia is an ex GF Capt who returned to GF after changing his mind. This is allowed by GF if the decision to return is made within a certain time limit. This is, and always was, the rule for Gulf Nationals. As usual there are individuals stirring it up trying to cause trouble. One returning capt suddenly becomes a flood of DEC's. Pure stupid!!!! A real case of never let the truth get in the way of a good story! It took me all of 20mins to establish the truth about this, so why cant others do the same before blasting off here.:=

In such way that...
17th Jun 2006, 12:51
Just asked around the office and nobody knows anything about DEC's. The next batch of interviews (end June) are for DEFO's not Capts. The Captain you refered to who just came from Arabia is an ex GF Capt who returned to GF after changing his mind. This is allowed by GF if the decision to return is made within a certain time limit. This is, and always was, the rule for Gulf Nationals. As usual there are individuals stirring it up trying to cause trouble. One returning capt suddenly becomes a flood of DEC's. Pure stupid!!!! A real case of never let the truth get in the way of a good story! It took me all of 20mins to establish the truth about this, so why cant others do the same before blasting off here.:=

:D As usual, thus is the root, they never know anything!:ugh:

LDG NO BLUE
17th Jun 2006, 15:35
Jackbauer,

How many DECs habibis are necessary to violate the commitment to upgrade from within?

What's the magic number? 2, 3, 10?

LNB

bird dog
17th Jun 2006, 20:18
Maybe you are asking in the wrong place. Try the golden Tulip hotel.I know one 767 Captain from another airline that is in Bahrain and he IS NOT here for the F/O position.

Trader
18th Jun 2006, 13:03
OK, after jumping on someone in another thread for complaining on pprune instead of going to ask managment directly I took my own advice.

Stopped in to see the HOFO today to ask if the rumour was indeed true. Nice, approachable guy that he is he sat me down and explained it fully. I'll anotate waht he said here.

Basically, they are short on the 330/340 if they take senior FO's off the 340 to upgrade on the 320 (even now you see captains flying with captains). They have also been short staffed due to the backlog in the sim due to the move from Doha. That backlog is clearing by the end of the month and the day missed in the long event is being added to the short event which begins in the next few weeks.

The plan is to cross train the 330 only pilots in August to allow movement from the 320 to the 340 and, more importantly, so they can take 340 FO's for the upgrade- which makes movement from the 320 possible. The DEC on the 767 are on 1 year contracts to allow some space for the upgrades to be completed.

That is straight from the head office. The VPO's last letter still stands.

I guess the grass is always greener - I'll trade any 767 FO - you can take my 330 blocks without overtime to Europe where my per diems get eaten up in no time - I'll take your O/T blocks and save my per diems. I estimate the average 320/767 FO walks home with AT LEAST 500 dinar more than me each month after OT, TAFB and destinations where the food is reasonably priced.That is with minimal OT--if he does 90-100 hours it is much more than that.

bird dog
18th Jun 2006, 21:01
Trader,

Very good post, thank you for your clarification.Nice to have official information from a secure source.

Jackbauer,

Can you will still swear there is no DECs in GF at the moment? Before get angry with sincere people here check your fonts, just to avoid embarrassement to yourself.

LDG NO BLUE
19th Jun 2006, 03:55
Morning gents,

Trader, thank you for your post and to share the knowledge with us.
Your chat with him touched mainly DEFO's for the 330.

Facts about DEFO's:

When me and my badge mates joined it was clearly stated on OM-A, clearly defined by the selection team that the only way into GF was RHS 320/767. Fact is that we on the 320 are still being bypassed by DEFOs to the long haul fleet. For the grass being greener...
I got overtime once, since I'm not part of the "club" and LDG NO BLUE here flies only east in a desperate attempt to get my HF straight one day! I want a better rating for when the *** hits the fan so I increase my chances of bringing food home.

We have lots of contract pilots, with extended contracts. Lately, extended until their retirement.

Fact is:
There are and will be pilots on the LHS that joined the company after us and are blocking our command. You can put some make up on this fact with words as: temporary, emergency solution, exceptions, 1 year contract, BUT, the nude reality is: Direct Entry Captains!

Concerning the guy that left for Arabia and now decided to return, when he left, was probably for a greener pasture. Now, when you do a move like this, you carefully analise the consequences and possible outcomes and you stick to your decision because is the best course of action at the time. I see this scenario like a boy wanting to join a rugby match and at the first contact with their defense line, runs out of the course calling for momma! I don't blame him, GF is responsible it.
Question is: when is he moving to the 330/340? To build up seniority in a different airline is an alien concept for me.

Can you imagine if all ex-GF that joined EK, QR decided to come back? No exceptions granted! If you don't draw the line, chaos will reign.

Seniority is a necessary evil that will disregard qualifications and experience to keep fairness in this game. Seniority will be decisive when a downsizing takes place, resulting in ONE number making the difference between staying or going, between staying LHS or demote as FO to keep your job.

If you remember the end of the movie "Braveheart" when Mel Gibson gets a haircut and shouts freeeeeeedoooooommmmmmm?
Well, you can see me shouting SENIORITYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

LNB

mogley
19th Jun 2006, 09:41
There actually is some kind of time limit for the local guys to come back.Can't rememeber what it is but not too long.Some of you guys who seem to have joined within the last few years seem to think GF owes you command.Well my friends you should talk to some of your local collegues,most of whom have at least 10yrs F/O time.The right seat A320 to left seat B767 courses have all been delayed indefinately due to some B767 F/Os who joined within the last 2 years complaining that when the joined they were promised command.So HOFO & the rest of th team have decided to delay the locals & keep their promise to the moaners.Very fair but hey that's GF.

bird dog
19th Jun 2006, 10:01
Mogley,

You have a point, however it looks to me that the locals accept the DEC and DEFO without complaining as much as expats, the famous saying: What to do?
I suppose that, as being a national, your complaint would be more effective...Anyway what we are saying is that the upgrades are being delayed because of DECs, nothing to do with being local or expat.
Maybe I am wrong but I believe that everybody unhappy with all this changes in the rules and policies should let the managers know about it in a mature and civilised way. If not to change things , for piece of mind. In the end of the day its gonna to be management decision if they want to keep their pilots and I am sure they know how.

mogley
19th Jun 2006, 10:08
bd,
This is exactly 1 of the problems, people here (incl. myself) have got so used to whoever is in management at the time changing or ignoring the rules to the benefit a particular group.For instance we all know recently that there was an A320 to B767 upgrade course made specifically for 1 guy & can you believe it that now he's gone it's cancelled for all the rest.But hey... "what to do"

LDG NO BLUE
20th Jun 2006, 07:53
Morning gents,

As for guys spending 10-12 years waiting for command, my answer is:
- so what?
It is a completely different market situation and for those who have been using this as a valid argument, I'll explain the facts to support my conclusion:

10-12 years ago is 1996-1994.
Aviation was still booming at the mid 90's, huge orders, the world economy was doing well. There was an exaggeration and companies expanded more they really needed, or to meet the real demand.

So, look what happened to the world, as these guys careers were progressing:

1994-1998
Start as S/O, after 2 years promoted to F/O. Total experience 2500-3000 hours. Aviation booming is on its last years.

Gulf Air 072 A320 struck water in the arabian Gulf, 3NM short of Rwy 12.
Stops everything at GF. No promotions, no salary increases, no transfers.

2000-2003
September 11, SARS, low cost airlines. Fuel prices. Gulf War II.
GF suffers a lot, as everybody else in the world.

And our pilot in question is still flying RHS, because there is no movement. There is no NEED for movement, company is streamlining efficiency, cutting costs, reducing routes. Creation of GT to hit the Sub-continent market. Guys hitting 7-8 thousand hours TT.

2004-2006
Aviation worldwide starts to recover. Airlines ordering planes with AB and Boeing. The market starts to dry up, major airlines calling back their pilots (US, Air Canada), BA recruiting 300 for the coming years, Netjets expanding fleet, Asian markets booming, Middle East companies with never before seen expansion plans.

So, think twice next time that you come up with the phrase:
"Oh the actual upgrades had to wait 10-12 years for their command and you think that after 5-6 years, GF owes you LHS."

My answer is: today's market is completely different from 5 or 10 years ago. The 30 upgrades/year are in the VPO own words: "the largest Command Upgrade program in Company's history".

GF does not owe me anything (apart from free accomodation which they don't fulfil their contractual obligations), but the aviation market is smiling at us now! Remember that and make the best use of it.

Sincerely,
LNB

BigEasy
21st Jun 2006, 08:15
I guess the grass is always greener - I'll trade any 767 FO - you can take my 330 blocks without overtime to Europe where my per diems get eaten up in no time - I'll take your O/T blocks and save my per diems. I estimate the average 320/767 FO walks home with AT LEAST 500 dinar more than me each month after OT, TAFB and destinations where the food is reasonably priced.That is with minimal OT--if he does 90-100 hours it is much more than that.[/quote]

Dear Trader or "Line of the Sky",
Indeed 320/767 are the best fleet in GF :ugh:
Regarding the 767 fleet,have you ever heard about constant schedule changes,4 sectors a day,BKK-KUL 24 h while 340 guys stop after BKK,48h DAC,multiple dead headings within the same block,crew meals on subcontinent flights and so on.....:rolleyes: obviously not.
I ll tell you what complaining about the golden falcon is like complaining about the WX,it's not constructive.
Why don't you try EK:ok: ....nobody is paying the training bond any way

Based on the last 18 months ,the average monthly allowance I took home including,TAFB,Days off sold,Overtime and 2 months leave is below 500 BD.

But I guess that if you are spending your days off in OPS wearing a tie and doing some ATH,CGK,KUL (48 h only,24h too tiring) on a regular basis then it's another story.

In the mean time enjoy the sky chef's food and the extras...(be carefull everybody knows for the "surprise plastic bag"):ok:

ironbutt57
21st Jun 2006, 09:35
Mogley...

1) the 2-year upgrades did not moan about anything, in fact they were caught completely by surprise..

2) base transfers to auh from other fleets for commands was never in the picture and that was made perfectly clear from the beginning..while not the ideal situation, it was the most cost effective one...EK is posting huge profits, and still does DEC's

3) at the time the 2-year commands happened, the \AUH base was alive and well

4) the other f.o.'s at the base were short of hours..(barely)

5) I am under the impression the airbus folks who recently moved to the 767 were from the 330/340, or in any event in line with fleetwide seniority as now the auh base is closed, the lists are merged

6) the only "moaner" in AUH has jumped ship...good riddance to him...

7) your posts are full of crap...if it's so bad...then go to EK, at least your complaints will have some modicum of legitimacy

PPRuNeUser0199
21st Jun 2006, 11:32
Hey Ironbutt!
I was wondering if you know weather or not you can bid to fly on a particular fleet?
I the event the 320's and 767 are phased out would you have to stay on the airbus side of things coming off the 320?
A buddy of mine was told no problem to go on a different type other than airbus.

Trader
21st Jun 2006, 18:10
BigEasy, my point was clear - I was not complaining rather I was attempting to explain that moving to the 340/330 is not the godsend people think it is. My friends on the 320 make quite a bit more than I do on the paystub. The last 2 months has seen less OT but prior to that they made good cash.

The simple fact is the Euro stops are bloody expensive so even if I have the same TAFB as the 320/767 guy I spend significantly more of it. Again, it is all point of view is it not? MY sked also flops from day to night far more than the 320/767 guys. I have the skeds of both fleets in front of me. My sked has blocks where I fly all day, 24 hours off, fly all night, 24 hours, fly all day, 24 hours off, fly all night. My sleep pattern changes 4 times. Far less of that on the other fleets.

Anyway, not to belabour the point, but it 'ain't all roses' on the 330/340.

ironbutt57
21st Jun 2006, 18:24
Never seen an equipment bid so to speak, once airbus,or boeing, one tends to stay there until command time..then assigned/offered commands where needed by the company...GF have NEVER made anybody redundant when fleets have been changed, or downsized..they always seem to find somewhere to put you...it will be interesting to see how the 767 retirement unfolds if in fact it does..and where crews are placed...the jury is still out on that as far as we know now...lots of rumours..sure at some level a plan is in place, but at this juncture, all we can do is wait until we are in the "need to know" crowd...

scanscanscan
22nd Jun 2006, 12:25
All very interesting......But do now consider the new retirement age of 65y.
It will be interesting to see how many that were terminated against their will at 60y now apply to be rehired....and as what...junior F/O salery or senior Captains salery?
Also how may GF expat Captains now approaching 60y decide to stay on until
65y termination...on their present Captains salery?
What a difference a few days/weeks could make to the total earnings over a further 5 years to these two different pilot groups.
Then there is the......cumulative slow down in commands factor as more and more decide that with no pension they must continue to 65y....and this affect on the F/o salery over five further years or more.... leading to..... further young pilots resignations.
What a pity the GF expat pilots do not have a proper pension scheme like the National GF pilots after twenty years service.
A seniority system does not mean much when retirement goal posts are moved by five years...as always there will be plenty of winners and loosers.

LDG NO BLUE
23rd Jun 2006, 09:11
BigEasy, my point was clear - I was not complaining rather I was attempting to explain that moving to the 340/330 is not the godsend people think it is. My friends on the 320 make quite a bit more than I do on the paystub. The last 2 months has seen less OT but prior to that they made good cash.
The simple fact is the Euro stops are bloody expensive so even if I have the same TAFB as the 320/767 guy I spend significantly more of it. Again, it is all point of view is it not? MY sked also flops from day to night far more than the 320/767 guys. I have the skeds of both fleets in front of me. My sked has blocks where I fly all day, 24 hours off, fly all night, 24 hours, fly all day, 24 hours off, fly all night. My sleep pattern changes 4 times. Far less of that on the other fleets.
Anyway, not to belabour the point, but it 'ain't all roses' on the 330/340.

Hi there Trader!

330/340 schedules are far more stable then a 320/767. I don't think there is room for interpretation, since the kind of long haul operation naturally implies less flexibility, leading to less changes. They would change, if they could!

You are complaining about flying all day, 24 hours rest and flying all night?
At least you have 24 hours rest because of the kind of operation the 330 does, we got 11 hours only, or 12 now in BAH.

I don't blame you to be completely out of the loop on what's going on with the 320 fleet. Maybe if you had a taste of flying a cute CCU and fight your way back to MCT and dead head to BAH with 15-16 h night duty, you would appreciate the more civilized operation on the LH fleet.

LNB

Trader
23rd Jun 2006, 15:50
LDG NO BLUE,

I can't argue at all about sked stability--- one of my good friends is on the 320 and I see how his sked changes upwards of 40 or 50 times a month!!!!!!!!!
The 767 is the same or worse.

In that regard I can't blame anyone for wanting to get on the LH fleet. MY only point was that it is not all great on the 330/340 either. I would rather have a long day and 12-15 hours off in between - work less total days per month for greater cxredit. Though I will grant you that might not work well if you get the 320 sked with all 45 minute hops.

I think if the company tackled the issue of changing skeds on a daily basis and dealt with favouritism within crew sked on the 320 fleet the crews at GF would be much happier. In fact I think you would even see some people staying on the 320 because they tend to be home more - and depending on your life that may be a real bonus. As I see it, the issue is not so much the 320 as it is the manner in which the crews on that fleet are treated.

LDG NO BLUE
23rd Jun 2006, 16:30
Hi Trader,

You are absolutely right! The favouritism is the main problem.
Why some guys get always the day trips, scoring overtime easily on ATH, IST and some other keep hoping around the gulf and flying east? We've been discussing this since a long time on prune and nothing happened. There were official complains in the meetings with HOFO (R.H at the time) and the only change we saw was the closing of the rostering counter!

Electronic bidding system!
Take the power out of these rostering guys. Unprofessional, not qualified personnel dealing with a very serious issue.

It will not solve all the problems, but the improvement will be substantial. How much is gonna cost? It pays for itself after a short time, specially with GF and some guys scoring 100 hours O/T and some others flying 50 h.
The thing is, you cannot sleep with an electronic bidding system, nor will it give you gifts when you need something...

Concerning the 330 fleet, I know it sucks to fly to LHR 5 times a month...nevertheless it's wide body time.

The only question is who's going to go there and make the changes, without upsetting certain groups in the company? aHOFO? I don't think so. He has other concerns.

LNB

ironbutt57
24th Jun 2006, 02:53
Give the guys and gals in crewing a break, unbeknownst to us there are lots things happening behind the scenes, as commercial dept is trying to rationalise what equipment flys where and when..(a good thing for GF) but many times this causes headaches for ops and of course ultimately us crews as well...as these sudden often daily changes occur, crewing has to react to them often with very little notice...throw in a few tech aircraft here and there, and a bit of sickness, and crew shortages, resignations, (the grass is greener syndrome) that already exist,...and you can imagine what crew control are up against..like "pissing out forest fires"... preferential bidding....funny you should mention that...strong rumour it's in the works...:ok:

Panama Jack
24th Jun 2006, 04:19
Preferential bidding?

You mean a classic North American airline style system . . . the kind where the most junior pilots dine on a steady diet of table scraps, stand-by and the ****iest trips while the senior guys suck the sweetest nectar?

I can understand there are grievances with some of the rostering decisions, but I feel it is a fairer system, with more people sharing the load of the bad trips and reaping the more sought after ones. It has been my experience that the rostering department does entertain requests.

GlueBall
24th Jun 2006, 04:50
...If you are one current, experienced A320 F/O, go to a rapidly expanding Low Cost Carrier like Air Asia [KUL], [100 brand new, factory fresh leather upholstered A320s in the pipline] upgrade within 18 months, fly left seat one year then go back to GF as a DEC! :D

Trader
24th Jun 2006, 05:41
ALso have heard that a new computer sys is in the works but I don't think GF would ever go to a strict seniority bid which can be ineffecient depending on how it is implemented. EK rotating block system works much better with everyone getting a crack at some good flying.

I also agree with Ironbutt - the biggest issue is airplanes going down and the shift in flying it takes to cover the flights. The lack of crews doesn't help........and it goes on. Crew sked is left to pick up the peices and fix the problem.

ironbutt57
24th Jun 2006, 06:06
Panama Jack....seniority has to count for something, why shouldnt somebody with 20yrs plus get better trips than some new bloke??? that would be fair...

Panama Jack
24th Jun 2006, 06:20
I can understand your point of view ironbutt57.

This same logic is also used as justification for the airline pilot salary scale in countries like the USA-- as a new hire you are on a pay scale that practically entitles you for food stamps, but you are told that if you stick it out you will have an excellent package after 15 or 20 years.

Consider it from a humanistic prospective. When does one really need more money and more quality time in life. When one is younger or older? Younger families make do on less out of necesity, but in reality, a better lifestyle and higher pay in the younger years of life is better than when you are in your 50's.

This is one of the things that I have found more attractive about Gulf Air-- a realistic starting salary and all hands sharing the load. It is one additional way to help retain newer people.

Really, I do favor a system where you have an input on preferences and where they are considered on the basis of seniority. As far as I have seen, these requests are already entertained throught the AIM's system (I think they limit it to one or two requests) and that is fair. However, I would hate to see a "build your block" system, where seniority #1 in his position/fleet gets all he wants while the newest guy gets what nobody else wants. Sure, I would also love to have my way with the schedule, but if we are talking about fairness, which system really is more fair?

GlueBall
25th Jun 2006, 03:39
Bidding according to seniority is always more fair. Because the senior guys already have paid their "dues" when they were the "juniors."

Why, for example, should any senior crew member be made to fly a night flight from LAX to JFK, so that a junior crew member, a new kid on the block, can fly a "senior" trip, day flight from LAX to HNL...? Impractical logic.

LDG NO BLUE
25th Jun 2006, 07:15
...If you are one current, experienced A320 F/O, go to a rapidly expanding Low Cost Carrier like Air Asia [KUL], [100 brand new, factory fresh leather upholstered A320s in the pipline] upgrade within 18 months, fly left seat one year then go back to GF as a DEC! :D

Hey there Glueball!

I tried to resign my 320 FO position and join again as DEFO on the 330, but they didn't let me....:ok:

LNB

LDG NO BLUE
25th Jun 2006, 07:29
A better seniority should grant the pilot better conditions!
If you are a more senior FO, or Capt, it's to assume you have family with children (stereotyped), therefore it's only fair that this pilot gets more time at home, if he wants! It shouldn't bother a pilot to "suffer" the first years, because he knows the company (not GF) will provide better conditions as the career progresses!

Seniority for:

- promotions and transfers
- demissions or demotions in restructuring phases
- vacations
- salary grades
- staff travel
- base wishes
- block wishes
- food wishes
- prettier FA
- and so on

Now that GF is braking this rule (again), what's left for us here?

LNB

Trader
25th Jun 2006, 10:09
ironbutt57, the only problem with saying that the senior guys should get better blocks is that they had the benefit of good blocks when they were junior as well!!!! They never worked under strict seniority and so had the benefits of a 'fair' system throughout their career here.

For a senior pilot to say that he now DSERVES a good block due to his seniority is, in my opinion, quite hypocritical.

Personally, I like Emirates system with rotating blocks that ensures everyone has some good months.

AT GF, I also see no reason why each pilot should not be able to list THREE preferences on their monthly bid to be given in order of seniority (instead of the current one choice). This is effecient for BOTH the company and the pilot since it distributes flying to pilots who have particular wants.

For example, a friend on the 320 does not want 4 or 5 day blocks, His friend loves those blocks (due to high TAFB). But he uses his one choice to bid a specific day or set of days off so he and his wife can plan activities. If he was given 3 choices he could bid his days off as well as a bid saying no 4 day blocks while his friend could bid the opposite. In the end each pilot gets some of his choice and the flying gets distributed nicely. This reduces the need for trading and, in my opinion, would reduce sick days.

The fact is we all have lives and with only 8 days off per month it is difficult to have a family life or private life. I would guess that HALF of all pilot sick days have to do with their need to be at their childs school play, activities wuth visiting relatives and then seeing the what happens in the example above - 2 pilots getting the opposite of what they would like when they could each get what the like.

Dixons Cider
26th Jun 2006, 16:30
Think I have to agree with you on this one Trader - some kind of rotating preference system would be more palatable in my opinion. HOWEVER, that's in an ideal world!
Unfortunately, I'd be fearful that the ever present GF nepotism would infect any such system and we would be back to square one. :*

Reality is, it doesnt matter a damn what we think or want anyway, we are just the hired help, a neccessary evil, and are only tolerated because we are needed - for the time being. An ugly fact, but one that has to be accepted all the same in order to survive in the sand. Banging ones head against the wall will only give you a headache and nothing else, and no one will care.

what to do!! :oh:

ironbutt57
26th Jun 2006, 17:08
Well...we have a rotating seniority system in place for annual leaves..havent quite figured out how it works...I train a new guy and he winds up ahead of me in the rotation...but none the less..I guess I'd have to agree with Trader, the same rotation system could be applied to a sked bidding system as well..we'll see

JoeJack
27th Jun 2006, 08:06
Quite interesting discussion about seniority, sked bidding and so on... guess that would also make things improve over here...

Now, back to the initial discussion on this thread, it is now a fact that a couple of DECs are in town for B767 training, plus the guy that came back from Air Arabia.

On the other hand, 2 upgrades from A330/A340 to A320 going on and 2 more scheduled for the end of July.

Jackbauer, since this is a fact now, why did the office deny it 1 week ago?? Either they really don't have the absolute minimum grip of what's going on over here or they deliberately meant to fool you/us...

Ironbutt57, being a trainer on B767 fleet, what is your insight on the fleet's manpower right now? Do you think that would be possible to carry out more upgrades on it?? Is there a real need for these DECs?? What's opinion??

LNB, don't try to resign and then come back, unless you are a local!!!:ok:

Safe Flights,

JJ:ok:

neilb767
27th Jun 2006, 12:06
Can someone please elaborate on this new bidding system that is in the works?

Is it an extension of AIMSS ? and when is it expected to be on-line ? Any one have any credible leads that this will happen, or is this just another rumor like the one where GF is getting a new fleet :oh:

For my two bits, i dont care what or how they implement the bidding system re seniority, just having something in place will be better that what we got now ie :ugh:

LDG NO BLUE
28th Jun 2006, 06:06
Ask yourself this question:

- How many expat GF Captains are ex GF First Officers?

I can count only 2 on the 320, B&B! Anyone on 330/340? Don't think so, maybe some on 767...

Makes you wonder why no expat F/O stays here to get his command.

LNB

Bagshaw Crusher
28th Jun 2006, 13:55
Hello all.

A few years ago, a large group of F/O's were told the same thing. No DEC. Seniority is strict blah blah blah. It was lies. All those FOs have long gone.

Some tried to warn the new generation not to believe or entrust your future in blatant lies. But a few the current GF expats , who immersed themselves in minor management or training roles, circumvented attempts of previous generations to warn the new- which is what Pprune is all about!

A good percentage of this minority expat group, who lambasted others on pprune trying to forewarn others, have now left aswell! Some in dubious circumstances.

So apologies we weren't steadfast in our warnings to permit proper due dilligence.

On a happier note, I now work with seven former GF FOs. Just recently one upgraded onto an A330 command, another promoted to A320 TIRE and another received perfect scores on command upgrade. Hopefully, the other four aren't far off promotion to command. We all left GF between two to two and a half years ago.

Good luck gentleman. The industry won't always boom. Don't wake up stranded and unable to afford retirement, as a GF FO with a litany of broken promises.

scanscanscan
28th Jun 2006, 15:04
And no pension plan....

Soft Altitude
28th Jun 2006, 18:02
Bagshaw Crusher, with what airline have those folks you mention, gotten their commands...please :O and thanks.

vfenext
29th Jun 2006, 05:35
As usual Bagshaw is only telling half of the story!! He and a large group of his ex Ansett cronies had not flown the 320 for over a year and came to GF with the intention of getting current and leaving. The plan was an open secret from the day they arrived and within about 10 months almost all (about 10) had gone to Dragonair or Emirates. You may believe that they were entitled to do that. The problem is GF will not allow themselves to be bitten like that again and are extra careful when recruiting Australians. The line that they left because of lack of command is total nonsense, they had no intention of staying longer than their probation period. Any Australian pilots who are thinking of coming to GF now know who to thank for the airlines lack of confidence in them!

Bagshaw Crusher
29th Jun 2006, 07:29
vfenext

Now that is a half truth. Granted, Bahrain a Godless place and there was no way I was staying. But the bulk of the family guys were happy. Especially when the VPO and CEO assured us at a meeting, seniority in force and there would never be any DEC. The same line being spun again now- and again to the next generation. But DECs still come and go! And for every DEC that comes and goes, a half dozen FOs follow. Strange way to run an airline.

I miscounted. I actually work with 10 ex-GF'ers. The majority of them ( 7 ) are Western Europeans. Are you angry at them too VFE? Some of them lasted less than six months!

To the current generationof FOs:

You are committing professional suicide in GF if they persist with DEC. You are fools to think otherwise. There are one or two serving GF FOs who, using Pprune handles, will say otherwise. But it would be foolish to think they haven't tried to follow the rest of us.

jackbauer
29th Jun 2006, 09:12
Bagof****e, funny how you have had nothing to say about GF for nearly 3 years and now come up with a diatribe as if you are still here!! For your info there have been almost no DEC's since you left and the ones who have come in are on 767 which does not affect Airbus rated guys. As usual you and your mates can moan about anything and everything, you will never be happy no matter what you have. You have tarnished your countrymen's reputation here. Hope you and your 10 former GF pals are proud of that! Now go and take a long walk on a short pier into the fragrant harbour. Let the people who can do the job you couldn't do get on with it. You know SFA about GF these days so don't dare to address the current pilot group as if you are privy to information that they are not. You are an embarassment now as you were when you were here.

Bagshaw Crusher
29th Jun 2006, 10:08
For your info there have been almost no DEC's since you left

:D That was quite an outburst Jack.

But I'm sure prospective GF will take on board your last snippet of information. Isn't that what Pprune is for?

Have you immersed yourself on the management floor, in some minor role, as a pitiful survival attempt aswell? So how many Airbus expat command upgrades since I left?

vfenext
29th Jun 2006, 13:10
We have been too busy celebrating since you left to count the upgrades!! PS My mates in Dragon tell me you are not exactly the ace of the base there either, in fact the term used was "a little sh1t stirrer" Why am I not surprised!

Bagshaw Crusher
29th Jun 2006, 14:37
Just recently one upgraded onto an A330 command, another promoted to A320 TIRE and another received perfect scores on command simulator upgrade.

Sorry vfenext. It is pretty obvious you choose to tell fibs. You don't have any 'friends' at the aforementioned airline. If you did, they would be quick to mention how settled and content the former GF'ers are. Far too busy to be sh** stirring, in your context, because of quick promotion. Malcontents don't progress so rapidly here.

You are a good lesson to junior GF pilots. Do any of you want to wake up one morning, having professionally peaked and with nowhere to go like vfenext?

In saying that, nobody deserves your plight, good luck scratching out your career. :ok:

jackbauer
29th Jun 2006, 16:35
What a sad sad individual you are Bagof****e. You left years ago and still feel so bitter and twisted that you have to snipe from the wings. What a great Capt you would make. It seems Gf had a lucky escape.

vfenext
29th Jun 2006, 16:58
Oh believe me I have "friends" at Dragonair" and at the mere mention of your name went off on a long list of your exploits. The thing is you don't know me at all while I on the other hand know exactly who you are. If I didn't then how do I know you are in Dragon? You make no mention of that in any of your posts! My friends said nothing about the other FO's, just you. So keep going with the bitter posts cause I am not the only one interested in your septic comments.

Bagshaw Crusher
30th Jun 2006, 02:02
What a sad sad individual you are Bagof****e. You left years ago and still feel so bitter and twisted that you have to snipe from the wings. What a great Capt you would make. It seems Gf had a lucky escape.

I don't think I'm a sad individual Jack. I extended a professional courtesy by way of Pprune, warning prospective GF pilots, that before you pack up your bags and come starry eyed to Bahrain, due dilligence should factor in the broken promises of DECs.

What's amusing about the whole thing is, there are a few Caucasian dead beats who have professionally peaked at GF, who felt the need to slander me in a bizzarre attempt to shoot the messenger.

ia1166 was a classic example. Here was a guy- who by using his Pprune handle of which everyone knew who he was on the the management floor- would loudly lambast any GF dissent. He would simultaneously be espousing what a wonderful airline GF was. Fair enough, he enjoyed GF, but we now know that wasn't the case. ia1166 was brown nosing by whatever means, including using his very visible Pprune handle, to gain promotion out of seniority for the A340.

Here's the good part for those not aware. When he wasn't promoted out of seniority, he did a runner and disappeared overnight back into the contract world from where he spawned.

Are you and vfenext doing the same? Using well known Pprune handles on the management floor, to push your own mischevious aspirations?

A lesson for junior pilots. Despite working with some great guys from the sub-continent, Sth Africa etc. Beware of the deadbeats, who have professionally peaked. They are mercenaries in the traditional sense, their loyalties quickly change and you would be well advised not to get between them and some small professional or financial gain!

One attribute of a commander Jack, is professional courtesy. It's a foundation block on the flight deck that goes beyond good CRM- basically it's giving a stuff or having some interest in who you work with. I stand by my professional courtesy, by way of pprune, advising that seniority and DECs were broken promises at GF.

So. How many Airbus command upgrades in the last three years for expats? Surely you can extend that courtesy?

Bagshaw Crusher
30th Jun 2006, 02:56
Oh believe me I have "friends" at Dragonair" and at the mere mention of your name went off on a long list of your exploits. The thing is you don't know me at all while I on the other hand know exactly who you are. If I didn't then how do I know you are in Dragon? You make no mention of that in any of your posts! My friends said nothing about the other FO's, just you. So keep going with the bitter posts cause I am not the only one interested in your septic comments.

Is that some kind of veiled, cowardly threat?

I smell bullsh$$$. And if you had any 'friends' you would be taking a different line. Because any list of exploits, for myself or any of the other ex-GF'ers, would have to be nothing but positive considering the rapid promotions.

You may know who I am because of the duels I had with the turncoat friend of yours- ia1166. I know who you are because you have professionally peaked at GF, been given your pieces of silver ahead of others as reward for your antics, aswell as your history of bitterness toward Ryanair. Could only be one fellow but who cares really?

Come on vfenext. You can do better than having 'pretend friends' about the place. And despite your slagging off at Australians, it's your countrymen who are non-existant at my airline!

As a professional courtesy, how many expats have upgraded onto the Airbus as commanders in the last 3 years?

But you wouldn't care would you? As a direct entry captain yourself.

bird dog
30th Jun 2006, 09:56
First you came to this forum to insult us and saying there was no DEC at the moment. You had been away for a while after it was proved that your 20 min at the office were obviously not enough.
Now you are back insulting BC. I have no idea of who he is but, unlike you, we should be here to share accurate information and express points of view about our jobs, not about people.
Maybe you want to change the subject from DECs in GF to BC integrity?
Why u dont want to discuss the simple fact? The simple fact is, so far, nobody could deny that EVERY take off one DEC does, results in one of our colleagues getting less money and experience. The management gives us some reasonable excuses based on conjuctural unexpected situations, I DONT BUY IT for the following reasons:

1- The temporary Greek Captains still around( very nice people by the way)

2- Management says they cannot promote FO cause they need them to fly the planes. If they are so short how am I flying 55 hr in July(330/340), few friends about 60 hr on the 767? this applies also to 330 DEFO.

3- If Training Dept. is limiting promotions, That`s Management job to boost it.

4- If Sim slots are limiting, Why so many people were doing stand in for someboby else in the short event instead of both of then doing SE together. We are using CONSTANTLY double the slots that were needed. Very inefficient.

5- I really like the AHOFO and give him personnal credit but remember A stands for acting. It means that one temporary decision he made can turn to permanent one by his successor. And I am sure the new HOFO will say that was not his/her decision. And here we go again...

Basically looks that DEC is a response for a lot of inefficiency and bad planning in diferent areas of Operations.

Dixons Cider
30th Jun 2006, 10:43
Anyone care to rise to the challenge that Bagshaw has raised, as opposed to to lowering the tone as some have and turning this into a personal slanging match??

As the man said - How many expat FO's have been upgraded to command in the last 3 years? Simple question, might turn out to be quite enlightening :uhoh:

I know of 2 only, but then again I haven't been here for 3 years.

C'mon...anybody..??

LDG NO BLUE
1st Jul 2006, 06:25
Good morning,

Dixons,
Let me re-phrase your question:
How many expat upgrades in the last 5 years? In the last 10 years?

jackbauer,
you say:
"the ones who have come in are on 767 which does not affect Airbus rated guys"
I have no problems taking a left seat on the 767 and flying to India!
Next time try to discuss WHAT is right and not WHO is right. CRM rule number one.
Nevertheless you were right calling me stupid. I was stupid in believing that GF would respect my seniority. When they came with DEFOs, that shook my confidence, now with DECs, they took away what was left.

Training:
If training is the bottleneck in this flow, boost the capacity!
Simulator is here. Not enough trainers on 320? Well, improve the conditions, get more SFIs, TRIs, TREs. (good post bird dog).

Put new pilots on the 320 and treat them adequately!

LNB

JoeJack
1st Jul 2006, 15:12
Gents,

Answering Bagshaw, there were very few expat Airbus upgrades in the last 5, 6 years. I can recall of 2. But there is a very simple explanation for that. There were NO expats in seniority to be upgraded on the Airbus fleet.

True, the upgrades completely stopped after GF072 crash in 2000. This was enough to prompt expat FOs resignations, all looking for greener pastures and faster commands. Result: lots of local guys around, specially on A330/A340 and these have been upgraded since 2004, after R.H. upgrade from within policy.

Unfortunately, DECs on B767 continued and when we tought they were over, they just start it all over again.

Hopefully the upgrades will resume after the busy summer season and this long wait (at least for me) will be soon over.

Safe Flights!:ok:
JJ

ia1166
3rd Jul 2006, 15:50
I'm only here coz a friend in sia told me that BC was slandering me again. So here goes. Please check my prevoius posts and tell me if any of them was brown nosing? I have been censored by 4HP a few times for my tirades against GF. I have never been involved in recruitment but i have been dragged kicking and screaming into training. It was when the ex-ansett guys turned up under training that i advised them to not believe that they will all get command within 2 years as they say they had been told. I advised them to keep their apps in with EK/Dragon/CP etc. Fair enough? Ok but BC let rip on PPRUNE what i said in private and caused me a lot of grief.
My departure from GF. Yes rude, and unprofessional but after years of trying to get a better financial deal (for everybody) i had had enough and had a much better deal elsewhere who wouldn't wait for my notice period. GF will and has survived without me. The Flt Ops director (whose now left so i can say this publicly) at the time said "if you don't like it you should just leave". They owed me heaps of leave so i left. I wouldn't dream of getting on Pprune to rant about myself like you did and still do.
Promotion for me? I was a captain already, what promotion did i need exactly?
Promotion for fos? yes but GF has a huge backlog of very capable local fellas. Why would they promote the expats first? BC is obviously a sky god and should be promoted to Ceo. Why should a bunch of ex ansett guys bypass the seniority list. Yes i came in as a DEC but thats me. Not you BC. I was interviewed and asked to be a DEC. What to do. Say no?
VFEnext is a friend of mine and your open attacks on him are frankly beyond belief.
I am very happy where I am and therefore have no need to attack GF or its people. You must be unhappy or as i said in my PM to you, still an FO and as we have all heard, a dodgy one at best.
Goodnight and goodluck, and if i could get away with it go forward and multiply but to be honest, the less of you in our community the better.

ia1166
3rd Jul 2006, 16:00
Oh and duelling with me? What? Pardon? What are you on about.
There are many pilots out here who wouldn't be where they are today were it not for GF. Me and you included. You'd do well to remember that. In the meantime I'll get back to my coldy. 3 months leave a year and i've only just passed 100 hours this year, to go with my 290 hours last year. I'm in pilot utopia. Glad you're working really hard BC, surprised you have time to be on Pprune!

jackbauer
3rd Jul 2006, 18:27
It seems Bagof****e has opened a can of worms for himself. Not surprising given his previous form on this matter. I have just found out who he is and I have to say I agree with what has been said. Not an Ace and definitely STILL an FO. You must have been pretty stupid to come to GF and think that you would get command in 2yrs (if indeed you were told this, which I doubt). GF has a lot of guys much more experienced and higher on the seniority list than you were ever going to be. Unless you hoped you were going to just jump over everyone else. From your posts I thought you were complaining that GF never respects seniority yet you would have been quite happy to let it happen just for you and your mates. BC FYI your name (real name) is being thrown around the GF Ops room quite a lot lately.

ironbutt57
4th Jul 2006, 10:37
Bagof****e....hahaha that's a good one, and so very appilcable as well....:D

picobello
4th Jul 2006, 11:42
Who are you JB? Are you a FO in GF? Well I don't think so. I think you are a PIC on the 320 fleet. So if this is true stop blaming us 320 FO. Your comments are arrogant and not professional at all. Stop insulting people by changing their pprune nicknames:= If you are flying on the 320 fleet you know how hard we are working and how difficult it is to have a decent life with constant duty plan changes. Am I wrong?

Now facts :

Regarding fleet transfer

CCQ 320 / 340.

April CCQ 2 PIC 2 FO, May CCQ postponed!!! July CCQ 2 FO instead of 6 initialy planned. No idee when next CCQ will take place!!!

At the main time 6 DEFO 330 + 4 in course now.

1 ex Air arabia, Qatar DEC PIC 320 and 1 SO just finished the sim.

2 DEC 767.

and so on...

330/340 FO's waiting for their upgrade and bypassed again by DEC....

Any news about CCQ 320 / 330?

I fully agree with bird dogs,LDG no blue posts.

I count only 2 upgraded expats on the 320 fleet. No idee about 767.

Now my point of view. Nothing will change in GF. Too many uncompetent managers who have fears for their positions. GF will continue to hire DEC and DEFO on the big birds. Only solution : Accept it or go. Personally I will go. But not without a fight for my right!:= Too many breaches of contract and of course I will leave without paying a penny of this illegal bond. Good luck to all you in GF. You will need it...:cool:

ia 1166: I understand why you left GF

Fly high:ok:

point8four
4th Jul 2006, 11:52
Waiter!

2 saucers of milk please, table 3.:)

jackbauer
4th Jul 2006, 11:53
Hey picyournose your facts are completely wrong. I don't understand why YOU don't leave GF. Tee Hee!!

JoeJack
4th Jul 2006, 20:04
Jackbauer, If Picobello's facts are completely wrong, could you please enlighten us all with the correct facts? Any correct info would be greatly appreciated!! (Although some of Picobello's facts are undeniable, such as DECs on B767, the ex-Air Arabia guy and the senior A330/A340 FOs being delayed for command...)

Safe Flights!:ok:
JJ

LDG NO BLUE
6th Jul 2006, 17:19
I am still waiting for a post with good arguments, like Picobelo, JJ and Bird Dog. This personal exchange of insults leads to nowhere.

If you disagree with the above mentioned, please provide me with a negative.

Somebody try to convince me that GF is not bull****ting us, FOs, with this DEC's story!
That we pay the price for their lack of vision and basic management skills. :ugh:
That GF is not just a stepping stone for a better, heavier rating!

Believe me, I came to GF to make a career, get my command and settle down. Like many others who left already.
Now, I'm seriously considering other options.

LNB

Bagshaw Crusher
7th Jul 2006, 02:42
Somebody try to convince me that GF is not bull****ting us, FOs, with this DEC's story!

Two years ago, we provided the courtesy to prospective GF FOs that for whatever reason, DEC will undermind your career path at Gulf. A small group of Caucasian hobos, DECs themselves, were vitriolic in response to our posts.

So you and your current generation knew nothing of likely DECs in GF. You can thank vfenext, ia1166 etc that saboutaged opportunity to be forewarned.

Bagshaw Crusher
7th Jul 2006, 03:09
BC FYI your name (real name) is being thrown around the GF Ops room quite a lot lately.

Be sure you have the right person. Some of your statements above a little inaccurate.

PM me and I will ensure you have my real name. So I can genuinely greet those in the Op's Room.

black_falcon
7th Jul 2006, 03:45
Emirates Signs $261 Million Agreement With Ex-Im
K.T. Abdurabb, Arab News
DUBAI, 7 July 2006 — Emirates Airline has signed a $261 million financing agreement with the Export-Import Bank (Ex-Im) of the United States for two B777-300ER aircraft, scheduled for delivery in August and October 2006.
Arranged by Citigroup, the innovative 12-year financing for both aircraft combines an Ex-Im supported loan with commercial funding, and carries a weighted average cost of funds of 0.66 per cent over three-month LIBOR (London Inter Bank Offered Rate).
The Ex-Im supported loan was fully funded by Citigroup and the commercial loan was funded by Citigroup and Bayerische Landesbank.
Nigel Hopkins, Emirates’ executive vice president of service department said: “We are appreciative of the support of Citigroup, one of the leading financiers in the world. Including this financing, we have used US Ex-Im Bank support on only four aircraft to date and there is further potential for US Ex-Im Bank supported financing in helping us finance a number of Emirates’ future Boeing deliveries.”
Emirates currently operates an all wide-bodied fleet of 94 aircraft comprising: 37 Boeing 777s, 29 Airbus A330-200s, ten Airbus 340-500s, eight A340-300s, one Airbus A310, three Airbus A310F and six Boeing 747 freighters.
In addition, the airline has an order book of over 100 aircraft units worth $28 billion, including 38 more Boeing 777-300ERs.
Emirates operates flights to 84 cities in 57 countries in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Africa, Indian subcontinent and Asia Pacific. In the next months, it intends to launch new services to Beijing and Bangalore.

LDG NO BLUE
7th Jul 2006, 04:18
Hey there Black Falcon!

Are you trying to say something, or just missed the correct link?

LNB

ia1166
7th Jul 2006, 09:14
Thank you for your constructive comments BC.
guys i'm not there anymore but its the busy season and GF are no doubt in crisis management with crew shortages. Also the DEC from Air Arabia. Was it a political move? Is the guy connected? The DECs on the 767 may have been a last move to protect the service which must come first or the airline will fold. You work in the ME and a lot of odd stuff goes on. If GF continue to hire DECs after summer then have a think about what to do. I'd agree with VFEs coments on other threads though. Think its any better in EK/QR/ET? I think not. EK is hiring DECs all the time. What happened to their short track command deals? Qr haven't promoted an expat ever i think.
Gf is a lot better than when i arrived. BG spent 9 years as an FO and he was a chief pilot on DC8s beforehand. Ask him what he thinks or the senior FOs, and don't listen to peolpe like BC. He left 4 odd years ago and has no right to still attack GF. Only people in it are allowed to.
Where i am now there are ex ansett fos from the 89 strike. 50 odd year old guys with 15k+ hours. Still in the RHS coz they kept moving on to supposedly better jobs. We are now offering commands to expats but they want 25K US$ up front, a 25KUS$ bond and you will earn FO salary for the first 6 months. What a nightmare but the guys will take it as its all they have. Its not a nice world anymore.
Anyway, wait a few months and see what GF do long term. Its still a good place if you married, the pay is up on 5 years ago, expats are on the 340/330 in both seats, lots of leave and i'm hoping staff travel is still good. If you decide to leave make sure its to a better place. Don't do it too many times though as you just move to the back of the queue each time. Oh a don't do what i did unless you really have to. And then never do it again.

trend900
7th Jul 2006, 19:00
ia1166

That Guy (a. Koheji) is connected with H. Ali, and he is not the last one. There are about 6 more bahraini ex gf cp`s looking forward to come and for to be sure there will be more with this training scheme of 2007. They will upgrade only 8 this year. Reason ::::) Crew shortage..hahahahaha. Did anybody wonder why they reduced the upgrade number from 26 to 8 ? Maybe becouse it is now expat`s turn for the upgrade ?????????????????

Is anybody asking to H.Ali what is the meaning of a temp. DEC`s (340) whic is now more than 3 years?? At least stop calling them temp.s. Guys, this people doesnt care anything else than their pockets, buddies, ,... They dont give a sh..t if the company looses, flights cancelled due to crew shortage... So here is my advice after 5 years of wasting my time

For the people who has enough exp. : DONT waste your time here. Start applying to some real companys with some real managers.
If u dont have exp. then u have to wait for it, by the way anybody has friends who wants to get some free type rating call them here. This is the perfect place to get trained, get exp, and then f...k off.

Think and fly safe.