PDA

View Full Version : Sex and Air NZ staff travel - what's going on?

Groaner
15th Jun 2006, 02:08
Air New Zealand confirmed that it has commenced an investigation into an alleged breach of its staff travel policy.
The alleged breach relates to suggestions that staff travel privileges have been used in return for sexual favours. The issue was drawn to the company’s attention by a New Zealand magazine.
Group General Manager of Human Resources Vanessa Stoddart said Air New Zealand viewed the alleged breach of policy extremely seriously.
“Obviously this matter will be fully investigated before any conclusions are drawn by the company. Staff travel is a privilege and not a right. We make it clear to all employees when they join the company that there are strict rules governing the use of staff travel. One of these is that it is not to be used for commercial gain. Abuse of the staff travel privileges can result in these being withdrawn or ultimately dismissal of the employee concerned,” said Ms Stoddart.
“The magazine has only been able to provide Air New Zealand with the name of one staff member, who works in a non-management role.”
Air New Zealand’s staff travel programme has operated for several decades and has been well respected by staff over that time.
“Incidents of abuse of the staff travel programme are extremely rare. When they do occur, they are treated with the same degree of gravity as any other breach of company policy.”
The staff travel programme incurs no cost to Air New Zealand. Staff can only use seats that have not been booked by revenue paying passengers and must fly standby.

Aussie
15th Jun 2006, 03:12
I wonder if sheep were involved...

hehe

Aussie

Sunfish
15th Jun 2006, 03:46
Has somebody been pulling the wool over managements eyes?

alidad
15th Jun 2006, 03:59
All frush young lamb looks like mutton after a while...

Cloud Cutter
15th Jun 2006, 04:18
Very quite to point out the non-management role of the perpetrator.:)

Chimbu chuckles
15th Jun 2006, 05:05
What's going on?

Some rooting apparently:E

Pimp Daddy
15th Jun 2006, 06:09
So someones been caught - people in every airline around the world abuse staff travel.

I know more than a few in QF who choose to ignore the guidelines.

Sack them all.

fly real fast
15th Jun 2006, 06:10
yeah, management would say that. But they F**k around and are completely hopeless with everything else. About time employees get aa few "perks". It's a privilege not a right:yuk:

woftam
15th Jun 2006, 08:53
A few people might get the "chop" then?
:}

sexy time
15th Jun 2006, 09:56
Were there any PA's involved.......will they get paid off?

Buster Hyman
15th Jun 2006, 11:03
Someones getting more than a sub-load then!:}:ouch::suspect:

Eagleman
15th Jun 2006, 11:19
maybe their famous hostie is at it again?;)

Pinky the pilot
15th Jun 2006, 11:20
Fush and chups anyone??:E
Can't anyone treat this seriously??:ugh:

No!:D

Ron & Edna Johns
15th Jun 2006, 13:21
heavens above - before Mr Johns and I got married, he signed me up as his travel companion. We did a few trips here and there, and as a reward I granted Ronnie some sexual favours.....:mad: :eek:

So is any of this any different? Hardly think so!

signed, Mrs Johns

Grog Frog
15th Jun 2006, 15:51
Mrs Johns
But how many did he get after u were married!

Eagleman
15th Jun 2006, 23:30
You clearly aren't married Frog, They shut it down once you marry them!! :\

troppo
16th Jun 2006, 01:55
i'd prefer a sheep over most of the hosties they have! :yuk:

Animalclub
16th Jun 2006, 03:42
i'd prefer a sheep over most of the hosties they have! :yuk:

Troppo Being Joe Paying public now (just to show that I don't work for NZ!) I have to argue with you. Every flight I had a couple of years ago between BNE AKL LAX FRA - LON LAX AKL BNE had hosties that were just delightful. I'm not saying that they were all James Bond girls (some were) but they provided the service I wanted (be nice) with a very good demeanor. I certainly wouldn't crawl over them to get to you... now here I'm presuming that you're a male type person.

Next Generation
16th Jun 2006, 04:05
My wife travels on Staff Travel, so that makes me a culprit also !!!!!.....:E :E

CT7
16th Jun 2006, 08:48
Dare I quote from last weeks (About Town - Jun 4 - Pg 14) Sunday Star Times - Bridget Saunders gossip column...
"Which married CEO was suspended for a week for sleeping with two staff members? One was on his own desk."
Rules for one and not others.......
Management Goooooodddd all others Baaaaddddd....

REDRATA330
16th Jun 2006, 08:53
This sought of thing is going on just as much on the other side of the tasman, trust me.:= :ok: :ok:

DutchRoll
16th Jun 2006, 09:19
Yes indeed it has. QF is very good at screwing staff travellers! They do it almost every day, and you don't have to pay any extra!

CT7
16th Jun 2006, 09:23
Nice! Very Nicely said!

We're all probably a little upset that we didn't think of this idea first!