PDA

View Full Version : Braces

metheor
14th Jun 2006, 13:27
Hi, is it possible to buy braces in different country from different doctor and then receiving treatment a treatment in UK? What I'm asking about is: if I buy dental braces in Spain will I have then attend to spanish orthodontist [usually once in a mont] or can I go to any orthodontist in uk?

rse
15th Jun 2006, 06:51
I do, though had them put in back home (UK) and am currently training abroad (non-EU). You can transfer and it was easy enough for me, however!
Make sure you check for compatibility - some practices only use particular fittings so your choice of practice might be limited. Also check out the cost ahead - if you are eligible for state funding (I was) it may not apply abroad (it doesn't) and you have to fund your tune-ups privately. Also send copies of your records/treatment plans in advance with a covering letter from your ortho and take your moulds with you. If in doubt let the two talk between themselves.
Switching abroad definitely didn't speed things up - it was a bit of a faff but will be worth it.
r