PDA

View Full Version : Any such thing as AD-Hoc heli work in the Surrey area??

wobble2plank
14th Jun 2006, 11:27
Hi all,
Bit of a wierd question.
Just a toe in the water, so to speak, I'm looking to do a bit of ad-hoc/part time heli work in the west Surrey area and wondered if anyone knew of such opportunities???
Sounds a bit odd I know but I sold my soul and went over to the big white birds and quite fancy flying a few hours in helis to keep my hand in and keep a sense of real flying not just autopilot monitoring (:zzz: ). I'm not trawling for a job as my current employer would be annoyed (understatement) and it must be declared, but I would like to keep flying helis if possible without having to pay th exorbitant rental (that the wife won't let me pay anyway!).
F/Atpl(H) & Atpl(A) (H is frozen as my IR has lapsed!)
3000hrs mainly heavy helo (all single and twin turbine)
A bit of help is always appreciated :eek:
Cheers
W2P

Bravo73
14th Jun 2006, 13:50
W2P,

PremiAir or StarSpeed could probably use your services. Both are advertising at the moment but you'll need your IR(H) to be current.

Google will provide you with contact details.

The work, though, will be very different to the heli work that you're used to (if I'm right in thinking that you're ex-North Sea). It's mainly SPIFR, often into very tight private sites. The IR section is also often only the en-route section; not many of these sites have ILS! On balance, the flying is probably a lot more challenging and fun than you might be used to! ;)

HTH and best of luck,

B73

PS To thecontroller: Unfortunately for you, the work that W2P will get isn't available to 'desperate debt-ridden low-times'. Once you have 2000hrs on a Twin and an IR(H), then you'll be getting similar work.

wobble2plank
14th Jun 2006, 16:24
Thanks Bravo73

Was starting to think all replies would be the usual sniping that Pprune collects these days. The IR shouldn't be a problem as the Campaign says that I just need a check ride :eek: I have also done a few other things in my chequered past that have involved alot of small area ops so getting in and out of tight landing sites is not a snag.

I'll contact those operators and test the reaction.

thecontroller, I'm not doing this for money or to steal away a full time job, I'm looking at it for the love of helicopter flying, something I have done for 18 years. The types of helis I fly don't come with a 200 hour robinson course so I don't think we would be competing. Also think about your comments the next time you learn something from a more experienced pilot who is able to take time out of professional flying to help, train and assist the upcoming generation. We are not all here to make life difficult.

W2P

whoateallthepies
15th Jun 2006, 08:28
Wobbleplank
Sniping is confined to the other areas of Pprune. Rotorheads are a much nicer lot.;)

Good luck in your search. I don't have any information, me old, I just wanted to clear the air.

wobble2plank
15th Jun 2006, 08:54
Fair nough ta :)

Have been trolling around on these boards for many a year and I do have to say that rotorheads is one of the better ones :E