PDA

View Full Version : Hiring a Cessna 206/210 or equivalent at BK

Capt Under Pants
13th Jun 2006, 22:29
Anyone know where you can hire a Cessna 206/210 or equivalent at Bankstown? A friend needs one to carry 4 pax and a small amount of baggage.

Cheers

Undies

Atlas Shrugged
13th Jun 2006, 23:40
Anyone not know how to use the Search function? :mad: :ugh:

Altimeters
13th Jun 2006, 23:40
Don't know if they're still there or not, but you could try AFTS. They have a 210 there. Last time I heard though they were going to merge with Aerospace??

Aussie
14th Jun 2006, 03:40
To hire from AFTS, you need to do a 10hr endorsement on there 210 first....

Aussie

Chimbu chuckles
14th Jun 2006, 05:46
10 hrs?

They must be taking the piss.

Used to be all that was required to fly any aeroplane was a group endorsement and, if they didn't know you, 3 circuits.

I logged about 10-15 hrs in a very new 210 22 years ago...it started with "Chuck you take the 210" and didn't include 1 minute of 'dual'. Much later I did some dual with old Keith Rose but that was for a special op involving taking off grossly overloaded....low power take offs were a hoot

Same thing happened with a BRAND spanking C206. So new it was still on the US register after being in Oz about 1 week. "Chuck take that 206 and grab one of your mates who can fly and go here (points to farm on map) and bring back the C182 that is there." I had about 250 hrs and a brand new CPL.

I think in those days, early 80s, we were taught that an aeroplane is an aeroplane and group endorsements like CSU/Retract/TW actually meant something.

Aussie
14th Jun 2006, 06:44
CC,

Yeah, well sounds like those days are gone.

Now, even though you are endorsed, you still have to do a "company" endorsement, which will probably end up being the same as your initial...:{

Aussie

ContactMeNow
14th Jun 2006, 10:08

Aussie

Haha, thats funny... But then again for some people it will take 10hrs to tame the slippery beast.

Last i heard was that they were not letting anyone fly it, as it was for sale (I could be wrong)

There is a nice little C206 at BK :} it flies straight and all but you may have problems with:

The radio (I doesnt work, plus the squelch will drive you insane)
The Fuel selector valve (L & R tank, but when a different tank is selected, it still uses the previous tank. This ensures high quality entertainment for all aboard after about 2 hours or so)The up side to it all, I hear one of the tyres are fairly new :} ohh yeah and the brakes work :E

If all this sounds too good to be true, it too requires 10hrs on type to take solo!

CMN :ok:

Atlas Shrugged
14th Jun 2006, 23:48

Insurance requirement perhaps, or if it's the same 210 I think it is, the owners requirement???

Captain Fun
15th Jun 2006, 11:12
The up side to it all, I hear one of the tyres are fairly new ohh yeah and the brakes work

Hey CMN, no comment!! :E

chuck_norris
15th Jun 2006, 12:18
Good luck trying to find it (the AFTS 210), last time I heard its going up North, probably already gone by now. 10 hours! WTF?. Find some dude name Bernie or something, he'll point you in the right direction. His got some sort of aeronautical device that has those numbers on it somewhere. Wedderburn I think.
Chuck_Norris:}

Capt Under Pants
16th Jun 2006, 07:04
Thanks for the replies.

Undies

ContactMeNow
16th Jun 2006, 22:20
Good luck trying to find it (the AFTS 210), last time I heard its going up North, probably already gone by now. 10 hours! WTF?. Find some dude name Bernie or something, he'll point you in the right direction. His got some sort of aeronautical device that has those numbers on it somewhere. Wedderburn I think.
Chuck_Norris:}

Isnt that the C210A? :}

4 place with an IO-470? (sorry if im wrong)

I thought the point of hiring a C210 was to build those "elusive IO-520 hours"? :hmm:

Hey CMN, no comment!!

:ugh:

CMN :ok:

chuck_norris
17th Jun 2006, 05:22
Well is a 207 ok for the job? I think Bernie owns one of them as well, but i think its a meat bomber, so it might not be the best decked out C207 around. Good luck
Chuck_norris