PDA

View Full Version : Dubrovnik

PAXboy
13th Jun 2006, 19:45
I have been invited to join a group of friends in Croatia in August, due to others in the party dropping out.

Getting to DBV is obviously expensive at short notice. On BA, all the rewards seats are goine and the return would cost me about £350.

I was bemused that Expedia found nothing better than the main carriers (at no discount) and that routing with a change increased the price. In the old days [when I wur a lad] if you took a dog leg it was cheaper. :confused:

Croatian Airlines URL sent me to Thomsonfly, who only offer Sunday/Sunday and I can only join them Monday to Sunday and so it went on.

One thought. On Sunday 20th August, I shall be in Berlin and was wondering what sort of triangulation I might make of it to go on to DBV and then back to LON on 27th Aug. I shall not know my routing to Berlin until Sunday.

All suggestions welcome. (Actually, after a few years in this cabin, I should know better than to invite such trouble... :p

lexxity
14th Jun 2006, 15:04
Paxboy you're going to end up getting stung on this route. My best friend is coming over for my baby's christening from Dubrovnik to Heathrow and it's costing nearly £300. We looked everywhere for a cheaper alternative, inc. via Frankfurt, Muncih, Vienna, etc and BA were the cheapest. Good luck though and let me know how you get on so I can tell her for next time.

Final 3 Greens
17th Jun 2006, 06:22
PaxBoy

You could have a look at travelling to Split with Thomsonfly - its about 130km north of Dubrovnik and tends to be less expensive.

Trouble is you probably spend the saving on ground transfers :*

Alternatively, www.skyeurope.com might get you there via Bratislava - its not working now, so I couldnt check the connections.

spaceman18
25th Jun 2006, 21:25
I managed to get a flight this month for £125 return with croatia airlines through lastminute.com from manchester to dubrovnik. croatia airlinesalso fly from gatwick and east mids