PDA

View Full Version : New Monarch Interiors

ryansf
13th Jun 2006, 09:56
Hello,

I saw this (http://myaviation.net/?pid=00531804) picture, showing Monarchs new leather seating on the A320s. That picture is from G-MONX. Does anyone know if this is now on all A320s, or other aircraft in the fleet? I am flying on a Monarch A320 in september, and I wondered if it would have this new seating.

Cheers

Ryan

Tommyinyork
13th Jun 2006, 11:15
Mainly going to be fitted on A320's used on scheduled op's.
Have to admit i am not a huge fan of leather seating.

DrKev
13th Jun 2006, 13:08
I much prefer leather seats myself (though I havn't had the leather Monarch experience as such). I do find the seats more comfortable and anything easier to clean and maintain has got to be good for the passengers all round.

(added shortly after: why is that linked a.net style page showing what appears to be an a.net photo that doesn't appear on a.net? Firefox blocked a popup, makes me a little wary :hmm: )

ryansf
13th Jun 2006, 15:12
I also prefer leather seats myself. Thanks for the info. Myaviation.net is an A.net sister site, for pictures where the quality isn't good enough for A.net

DrKev
13th Jun 2006, 15:19
I also prefer leather seats myself. Thanks for the info. Myaviation.net is an A.net sister site, for pictures where the quality isn't good enough for A.net

Ah! That explains it!:)

Evanelpus
13th Jun 2006, 16:12

....or you haven't kissed Johann's ass. Sorry but I've seen pictures that have been rejected on 'quality issues' and the above statement is wrong. I think if you are one of the gang your pictures will be published if it's pitch black. And before you ask, I've never submitted there myself.

Fernando_Covas
14th Jun 2006, 09:41
The comment on the photo says that they are Recaro seats. So I should imagine that they are very similar to Britann... sorry... Thomsonfly's slimline seats.

With regards to a.net, I once had a photo of an L188 Electra taking off in the rain rejected because of the rain. I argued that that was the point of the photo but was then told that it lacked depth and imaination.