PDA

View Full Version : any info on working as a FA for Etihad?

newpath04
13th Jun 2006, 06:32
Hi Everyone,

Being a new(er) airline, I haven't been able to find much information about it. Does anyone know how their cabin crew operates? Do they bid on pre-built blocks or use PBS system for bidding destinations? Is it seniority driven? Do they all start in economy and work their way up to 1st Class? Do they prefer hiring females, especially for business and 1st class? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

pinkus
13th Jun 2006, 08:38
There are lots of other threads on this in the forum.

But to answer your questions we get one request per month. Either a flight or a block ( max 4) of days off.

Because there are so many new crew you find yourself working up out of economy quickly. I have been here almost a year and more often than not am one of the most senior crew on the flight.

They try to keep the percentages down for boys but they still hire plenty

SydEY
13th Jun 2006, 13:04
Pinkus has it right, u only get one reqest per month a flight OR 4 days off. But u might not get it. And if u fall sick before or after ur leave or requested days off u get a warning and lose 3months of requests... Most of the now crew are only being trained for coral (economy) and pearl (business). But if most of the crew is fairly new (as has been happening for the past couple of months due to the number of 'senior' crew leaving) then u might find urself working in diamond (first class).

As for hiring, only recently i was in the recruitment dep dropping off a cv for a friend where i was told they would not be recruiting till august and they didnt even take my friends resume (why they couldnt just hold onto it beats me:ugh: )

pinkus
13th Jun 2006, 19:09
And if u fall sick before or after ur leave or requested days off u get a warning and lose 3months of requests... me:ugh: )

I think this rule is for people abusing the system as it happened to a friend of mine, but he was legitimately ill and the doctor backed this up and he has been told that he will not be affected.

SydEY
15th Jun 2006, 13:42
Ur friend must be lucky, i honestly dont know what the deal is, it does sound like its set up for abusers of the system but then again my friend has been called into office and told to bring in his passport by a certain female in crew management even though the doctor vouched for his sick days. So even if they turn around and say he wont be affected either, im sure u know what a hassel it is being called into office.