PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet cancelled flight

Camaron
12th Jun 2006, 23:12
Easyjet, what a joke of airline. I should be tonight in Berlin with my friends for the world cup as we have tickets for Spain. But our flight to Berlin from Gatwick was cancelled 1 hour before the flight. The didnt give any explanation why the flight was cancelled and they didnt give us much choice. They just said to me"go to another airline and get a ticket to Germany or wait for the next flight tomorrow". Yes, sure, as if I was going to trust them again. So I decided to go with my friends to BA and buy a ticket to Hamburg from LHR which costed me 215 pounds. I hope to get a refund for the ticket and the hotel for the first night. We are to blame our selves for choosing to fly with easyjet as we are all cabin crew and knew the risks we take with them. I just want to ask any of the easyjet crew if they know the reason for the cancellation.
Thanks

I Just Want To Fly
12th Jun 2006, 23:43
The plane was probably broken. In my humble opinion, I would rather miss a soccer game, than fly in a plane with a leaking fuel pump, or faulty landing gear.

A few years ago, I worked at an airport hotel. I dealt with disrupted pax on almost a daily basis, somettimes an entire B747 load at one time.

I have yet to come across a single airline, or ground handler which can consistently deal with cancelled flights well. Low Cost, Charter, or Full Service. NOT ONE!

But, I will make sure in future I only book with your airline, obviously your planes never have technical problems, and each and every disrupted pax is served to highest standard in aviation.

:D :D :D :D :D Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... Oi, Oi, Oi... :D :D :D :D :D

Camaron
13th Jun 2006, 00:45
Well obviously you can not compare a low cost airline with a big airline like BA. They have more resources and therefore more solutions for problems like this. And as I said before it was my fault for not choosing to fly with BA. It was just convenient to fly from Gatwick. They would have probably put us on another flight or got another airplane. I mean you get what you pay for. I think it is worth to pay a bit more because you know they have more resources. Nothing really against the staff. They couldnt do anything and they had to deal with the situation.

Mr Seatback 2
13th Jun 2006, 05:14
Camaron

As cabin crew, you would be aware that even full service airlines like BA don't have spare aircraft lying around. Spare aircraft go nowhere without crew, catering, ground resources, etc...Yes, BA does have more resources, but even then, you're not always guaranteed in this situation that you would have left the airport at all if the airlines were reversed.

As IJWTF quite rightly pointed out, not one airline handles ALL disruptions perfectly. Each time, the circumstances, resource availability, etc. will be different. As crew, I'm surprised you didn't take this into consideration. Easyjet, low cost as they are, can only be blamed for not communicating to you the reason for the cancellation. Whatever the reason, you weren't going to fly out on them.

As for getting compensated for the hotel, two words for you: travel insurance.

There isn't one disruption or cancellation that has ever been convenient for passengers, the airline, crew, etc. As fellow Cabin Crew, your attitude and lack of understanding - even as a consumer - is very sad.

It's life. Planes break down. Airlines screw up. Easyjet didn't break down the flight just to upset you. I'm sure, truth be told, they'd have preferred to have operated that flight if they could.

SkySista
13th Jun 2006, 07:19
Easyjet, what a joke of airline

we are all cabin crew and knew the risks we take with them

pardon me if this sounds harsh but why the rant then? As crew surely you would have a better idea than most 'normal' pax for possible reasons for the delay.... crew I think have a duty to set the example to other pax in situations like this, their airline or not... sure Easy probably could have communicated better, but as has already been pointed out, who's perfect???

I understand it would be frustratng (particularly during a busy time such as world cup) but on the flip side I'd be personally anticipating more chance of a problem during such a busy pressured period like that.... end of the story... if you're flying for something really really important, give yourself enough time to get there in case of a tech delay....!

SuperBoy
13th Jun 2006, 09:59
All of you make valid points. :):):):)

Camaron is obviously passionate about football. If you are that passionate about something and it gets taken away from you, would you not be upset? Yes we all work in the airline industry and we all know that a million and one things can go wrong. We also know the importance of communication. If they were given a reason for the cancellation, yes it would be upsetting but atleast you would know why. You might not like it but atleast there is a reason.

Customer service is all about communication, in this specific instance ezy unfortunately failed to meet the standards that I'm sure they have set.

Yes maybe bashing easyjet as an airline was probably going to far, but put yourself in his shoes...

Off Stand
13th Jun 2006, 10:45
To be fair, it would have been the handling agent that would have made the announcement that the flight was canx, thus it would be them who would deliver (or not in this case) the reason behind the cancellation. It would also be the handling agent that would deal with rebooking pax. To be told "take another airline" or "wait until tomorrow" is a poor response by them, NOT the airline. I worked for a handling agent for quite a while, if an airline cancelled a flight, we were always told the reason and never told to with hold the info from the pax. I am guessing EZY told the handling agent in this case?

When you do complain to the airline, mention this as it should be addressed by them so there are no repeat performances of bad customer service in the future in Berlin.

gib
6th Jul 2006, 16:25
I'd rather be on the ground wishing i was in the air than being in the air wishing i was on the ground!!!

if you dont want the risk of a cancled/crashed flight go by car. it takes longer ,is more expensive and more dangerous. your call:} .

apaddyinuk
6th Jul 2006, 17:17
Camaron...I would be very embarrassed if you are crew for BA with an attitude like that. As BA crew myself I have the utmost respect for airlines like Easyjet as they do have a wonderful safety record. Im sure that whatever happened happened for a reason. BA as I know from experience can get it hopelessly wrong when cancellations occur and you would be totally niave to presume otherwise. :ugh:

arem
6th Jul 2006, 17:24
Rather than tech, But I understand Easy are very short of pilots ( and cabin crew! ) - perhaps that was the reason

Off Stand
6th Jul 2006, 19:32
I, like Paddy, work for BA. However, I was a senior at EZY. The shame sh*t happens, different uniform!!!! We've all had our problems in the past, both as a passenger and as crew. Sometimes it goes well, sometimes it doesn't. Just has to learn from experinces for next time!

Happy flying all!!!