PDA

View Full Version : part time flying jobs??????

hawaiianhosty
12th Jun 2006, 15:45
I'm an ex qatar airways hosty and now I'm back from Doha living int he UK, I'd like to start flying again but on a part time basis (UK based)..ie, month on month off or a flight a week etc :cool: .. I have an 18mth old son now so the normal roster pattern of cabin crew inc standbys just wouldn't be compatible..I heard someone mention that BA do this sort of rostering but is that for crew who've worked there years and who can basically pick their own days and routes?? Any ideas? thanks peeps

angelofthesky
13th Jun 2006, 20:28
Not sure where you live but Scot Airways are looking for part time crew for London City to do early duties Monday to Thursday only. At least thats what their website says.

hawaiianhosty
14th Jun 2006, 13:44
Not sure where you live but Scot Airways are looking for part time crew for London City to do early duties Monday to Thursday only. At least thats what their website says.

okay thanks for that, i'll check out their website :)

flymiss
14th Jun 2006, 15:42
BA do indeed offer part time working, for existing employees. You have to join as full time and put your name on a list, when it opens.
There can be a wait of a couple of years I believe, depending on the fleet you work on. I know Longhaul crew are waiting in excess of 2 years with little hope in sight at the moment. Shorthaul crew might fare a bit better.
Good luck with finding something to suit you.

World of Tweed
14th Jun 2006, 16:21
I spoke to some crew at Air Southwest out of BRS who are on a Ad-Hoc basis. I believe they just tell the airline when they are availble to work and then they roster them or not as the case may be.

However Qatar to Air Southwest may be leap to far one might suggest??