PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Recruitment??

summa101
12th Jun 2006, 11:16
Hi ...Has anybody out there been for the interviews with J* and havent heard back? I have completed all the necessary interviews, medical, reference checks and security check.....and survived..but now its come to a screaming halt...:ugh: ..havent heard anything now for over a month and was wondering..does the ' no news is good news' apply here? Is anybody in the same boat?.Also I heard the j* training schools are filling with ex Australian Airline cc? Could this be a factor. I would appreciate any feed back..thanks heaps.

QFboi_MEL
12th Jun 2006, 16:41
Summa, firstly congratulations on making it through all the medicals and security etc. No news is certainly good news, i can tell you that from experience. JQ ground school filling up with ex ao??? don't know where you heard that one from, alot of AO crew have been doing their conversion training in the last couple of weeks as i understand for when they start flying as QF. but haven't heard about any going to JQ.
Anywayz, keep us informed and all the best.

:O

Sylphie
13th Jun 2006, 11:18
I'm afraid I can't shed any light either. I just wanted to say Congrats and Good Luck!!

I am sure no news is good news, if it helps any I have heard rumours that Jetstar is recruiting heavily in the next month or two so if they're going to be interviewing more applicants, surely they must be pushing the final process for you through soon, I would assume. Let us know!

:D

summa101
13th Jun 2006, 22:26
thank you so much for your replys and feed-back. I will let you know how it all goes.....:)

flitegirl
14th Jun 2006, 03:15
I have heard that Crew are required shortly in Melbourne and Cairns. A couple of my friends who have started with JQ in the past did not have to wait too long between interviews and training schools. And don't worry, they're not filling the places with AO staff - only 1 person has left AO to go to JQ in recent weeks. The rest are looking forward to taking off on July 1st in the rock print.

Goodluck.... you'll be fine.

Ozzy747
14th Jun 2006, 10:26
hey,

im a qantas long haul flight attendant based in AKL. i want to work for jetstar int' though. does anyone know when they will be hiring???

cheers.

flitegirl
14th Jun 2006, 12:28
Talk around the industry is that JQ is planning to hire off-shore for their international operations (probably SE Asia.) Not surprising, it's the way the industry is going. Don't they already have crew operating from NZ on lower wages for the Tasman services?

Ozzy747
14th Jun 2006, 12:33
hhmmm not that i know of.... besides my whole plan is to get OUT of NZ and back to australia. cant stand AKL. lol

flitegirl
14th Jun 2006, 12:45
I believe JQ have crew based in CHC for tasman runs. My friend recently went to NZ and said the crew were all Kiwis based in CHC.

Ozzy747
14th Jun 2006, 12:54
yeah i appreaciate that but i dont want to live in NZ any longer if you know what i mean. AKL is a big country town. i miss the city. im looking for any cc role with any airline (except regional) back home in Australia.

ratstej
16th Jun 2006, 06:30
:O As good as can be attained at this point:

Jetstar International-

JQ (JI) is taking delivery of 4 A330's from QF plus another 2 on order from Airbus Industrie until the 10 Dreamliners arrive from Boeing, the A330's will most likely remain either within the International or Domestic Network on shorter runs. A Startup base in Australia will be founded with A330's based in Melbourne and In Sydney. All Flights will be operated by Aussie Crew (which will be sought from within the Current Domestic Crew), Should numbers not be met with current flight attendants, contracted/casual crew will be arranged. The amount of crew required for bases is not a big number at all, as theres only a certain amount of crew required per aircraft in operation. All destinations will be flown to by Aussies apart from Thailand which will be operated by Thai Nationals. The talk of a Canadian Base in Vancouver appears to becoming more likely with rumours as far as Canada detailing Jetstar Representatives inspecting the terminals and researching all neccesary aspects of the carriers positioning in the Holiday Destination. The trend for JQ (JI) is to embark on all unsuccesful (non profitable) routes that QF originally flew, which opens the market for Rome and beyond which has already been publicised in the Media.

Recruiting:

No news def Good news! Surely there'd be a call out soon. Word has it that there has been MASS resignations out of Sydney, Cairns and Melbourne causing severe crew shortages and increased hours on rosters!! ouch....

hope it helps! :ok:

HoHum
16th Jun 2006, 13:50
I wish all those people hoping to get a position in JQ as cabin crew are all aware of the conditons that they are going to work under.

I understand that for some, this is their dream job and that there is not much choice out there, but please consider what it is that you are wishing to get into. Research it thoroughly, please!!:uhoh: :sad:

Perhaps the question should be asked - WHY are there so many mass resignations?? I can say first hand, I know!!:suspect: :=

Hence, I left, as did many others did, and many more will. There are always going to be vacancies in JQ - because they can't keep their staff. If you don't want to believe me - think of the following........ Why has the Maternity leave rate gone up 10 fold within the company since the inception of JQ from QFLink? (All those lovely ladies have been able to reduce their hours and have now gone casual so that they don't have to put up with all the crap that goes on the company. And I know this is the case - cause they are still my friends! - !?:rolleyes: )

I don't want to rain on your parade - but I have been there - consider everything before rushing to get in - it is no longer the age of glamour flying - far from it!:= := And JQ is at the budget end..... Their planes might be shiny - but remember the saying goes.... "Everything that glitters is NOT Gold"

Once again - if this is where you are wanting to go - try it - but please, just don't go in dissillusioned........:hmm:

ratstej
17th Jun 2006, 02:32
Well Said HoHum...

Times have def changed within JQ and they only seem to be getting worse but it is still an oppurtunity for people to experience the job and in a way hopefully get something out of it, be it the experience and then move upwards and onwards to better places as it appears alot of crew are doing in jumping ship to Virgin, Emirates and Gulf.. Word has is that things will improve and the reasoning behind the current treatment of crew etc is because the airline has to rapidly grow in a short amount of time within the Budget Model. I can understand this and if its true the outcome would want to be good, far too many awesome people have been lost along the way.

flitegirl
18th Jun 2006, 05:06
[QUOTE=ratstej]:. All destinations will be flown to by Aussies apart from Thailand which will be operated by Thai Nationals.

mmmm. Do you really think they will use the Thai crew ONLY on flights to and from that country? Qantas' foreign crew (eg BKK and AKL) are utilised on all different LH routes and I would suggest JQI will try and do the same thing for extra $$$ savings.

jetstarFA
19th Jun 2006, 09:01
JQ Crew resigning is not really that high.
A lot of younger crew who have never worked shift work are finding it difficult to maintain a social life and fly. Turnover is no different to the other airlines out there...

I have been based in SYD for 3 years now and life is not always greener on the other side..

Flying is a hard job always has been... Doesn't take away from that fact that I want a HUGE pay rise and will probably vote NO on the next EBA.... But that's not for here.....?

Ozzy747
20th Jun 2006, 08:59
listen here hohum-

yeah mate your probably right but i currently work for Qantas Long haul AKL base.

- im origionally from aussie and had to move here for the job.
- im aware of the realities of flying
- do you really think jetstar conditions are worse than the AKL.... aaahhh no theyre not they are much much better ..ok

- i miss my friends, family home and everything else i left in Aussie.
- i love my job but tough want to be based in my home country-any city.
- you might have left from the conditions but if you heard the conditions im under you would understand why i want to work for jet*. im quite aware of your conditions. im not saying that they are absolutly fab, but its alot more realistic.....k.

cheers.

HoHum
21st Jun 2006, 12:23
Mate - I think you should re- read my post - I did not say "DO NOT JOIN THEM!" merely to be midful of the operation that is being run. For some people, it may be just what they are looking for....

Everything you said may be correct about your base in AKL - I have not worked there and it's not for me to comment.....:=

I only know what the conditions were like when I was at JQ - and from all reports from my friends who are still there - it has only got worse...... I too left the shores of my great homeland in search of better ......so far, I have not looked back.;) While I admit things are not perfect where I currently am, I am benefitting from more than what was on offer at good Ol' JQ.:ok:

You did comment that you believe the condidtions at Jet* to be alot more realistic. That is only a decision that you can make once you have been actually working at JQ. Once there, you may change your mind.

I personally, do not believe that they operate a realistic operation with fully competant and supportive management. That is my opinion - and one I am permitted to keep.

However, that aside, I once again reiterrate my earlier comment - don't go into Jet* disillusioned, but if it is what you are wanting, then I wish you all the best.:D