PDA

View Full Version : Pilot's Dilemma

mstram
12th Jun 2006, 09:29
I'm guessing that this picture has been posted here before, or that maybe something similar to this situation has happened to pilots flying in Africa.

Or perhaps this particualr situation actually happened to one of the members of Pprune ? :eek:

You are a South African bush pilot. You fly in some critical medical supplies, enjoy a quick lunch at the hospital.
It's a stifling 100 degrees in the shade and you're eager to get back up to the cool, high blue yonder.
On the way back to your plane, you discover that the only bit of shade, within 10 miles, has become very popular . . . You start calculating the distance to the plane door . and wonder . . .
(http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16205151977.jpg&s=f5)

Mike

Patches O'Houlihan
12th Jun 2006, 15:37
The all-important 5 D's come to mind: Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge:ok:

mstram
12th Jun 2006, 17:39
The all-important 5 D's come to mind: Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge:ok:
That's only 4 :) (Dodge) ... "Dash" ? ... then go have a Daquiri :ok:
Mike

Spike from Flyi
12th Jun 2006, 17:42
That's only 4 :) (Dodge) ... "Dash" ? ... then go have a Daquiri :ok:
Mike

Rent the movie, Dodgeball .

planeenglish
12th Jun 2006, 17:50
Excuse the interuption. I was wondering if anyone could explain where this came from? It got sent to me after a bunch of forwards...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/planeenglish/AEPAfricanstyle.jpg

Thanks in advance,

PE

Q4NVS
12th Jun 2006, 17:59
It's a scene from the movie: "Lord of War"

planeenglish
12th Jun 2006, 18:00
Thanks for the quick answer. Is it real?

PE

mstram
13th Jun 2006, 01:29
Is it real?

If you mean, did they film the actual scene with people running only a few feet in front of a landing plane, I'm gonna guess the answer is No.

Through the miracles of compositing and digital effects, it's possible that maybe even the plane wasn't real. Give it a couple of years, and the people won't even be real either ;)

Mike

planeenglish
13th Jun 2006, 05:22
Thanks Mike, that was my question. I appreciate your appreciate your answer.

All the best,
PE

5Y-NOT
14th Jun 2006, 15:36
The first pic of the Let is at Musiara strip in the Mara, Kenya. Have had delays there! Also had an hour in Lewa waiting for a bull eli to calm down, couldn't decide who he was most upset with, the noisy metal bird or the terrified american tourist trying to leave the long drop loo to get in it! A full flap take off ina 206 due last minute crossing zebra also an interesting experience..Also fun are the hyenas who ate the nose wheel, and the eli who played football with a ranger's Husky......more stories out there??
Re the antonov..... was from Lord of War.. tho could've been Sudan no?!!