PDA

View Full Version : RBBB cleared for unrestricted Class One?

hekokimushi
11th Jun 2006, 12:56
age 25, male, active in sports. about to go thru a Class one Medical Exam in Hong Kong. Currently hold a JAA Class 2.

ECG that i did myself 2months ago, report says complete RBBB.
doc explain probably normal variant.

re-checked JAA (uk) RBBB can get class 2 unrestricted. but class 1 require further tests such as exercise ECG, etc.

at critical stage now. just wondering if the exercise ECG is ok, the 24 hours ECG still requires? what is the likely chance of passing the Class One

with doubts and worries.
regards

wannabe

Longchop
11th Jun 2006, 18:50
dont know what RBBB means but i can tell you im having alot of troubles with my ECGs at the moment and I have had prblems with em since day 1!!

I've been a normal variant for the last 6 yrs. Now i have something else on my ECGs which suggests furred arteries, coronary heart disease and high cholesterol.

Im 26,already hold a class 1 (now restrivted) and am pretty fit.

Realities are my friend, that the CAA always overly investigate everything. I understand why they do this but in the real world the likelihood of myself and yourself having any problems with our hearts is very slim. You just gotta take what the CAA say and get it checked out by approved cardiologists.

For what its worth, I have abnormal ECGs. I have normal Echscans. but my exercise ECGs still a T-wave abnormalitie!

Check here for my story -http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=229050

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Zurg
11th Jun 2006, 19:22
Hi, presume we're talking about a right bundle branch block.
I have always had a partial RBBB, caused no probs with any licensing. However one year - it became a full RBBB. Video ultrasound of heart (I had to pay and organise privately) then wear halter for 24 hr ecg, see cardiologist at LGW and do stress ECG. Unrestricted class one issued but for 3 years I had to repeat this with the CAA at LGW. Finally decided that was just the way I am and no more checking.
Interestingly for an arduous Asian medical - no probs at all.

I do add this is because of a change from a partial to a full - now partial apparently, might be that a full RBBB is different.
Anyway hope this is of some use. Medical section at LGW was very helpful and easy to deal with.
Best of luck.