PDA

View Full Version : CATHAY INTERVIEW in July

Dreamer767
11th Jun 2006, 07:38
Hi,

is anybody in this forum and he had also the interview in july Amsterdam??

I need any info about the last interview in june.

many thanks :)

[email protected]

ataboy
11th Jun 2006, 15:05
Hi All:
My 2 cents on a recent interview with Cathay Pacific in YVR.
The two gentlemen where very good at making you feel at home and where very skilled at making you feel at ease.
I think the HR side went well. They asked many questions about choices in your career and why you chose certain career paths. As mentioned before only a couple of questions on Hong Kong and Cathay (financial info and destinations). I noticed that the HR side of the interview went on longer than the tech side.
The tech side was a personal disappointment for myself :ugh: . I felt I could have done much better and seemed to have a mental block when asked some of the most basic questions. They asked about topics related to the current aircraft I was flying and the systems of that particular aircraft. I agree with the earlier comment that studying of the CX interview prep and ACE the tech interview did not provide a huge help. Handling the Big Jets did play a role in some questions and was probably the best reference material.
Some of the questions where a bit surprising when I consider some of the interview reports from the past. Maybe they have decided to change things around considering the information out there. I will give credit to the individual asking the questions as he was very patient.
Over all is was a good experience and if they base it on the personality part I think I have a chance at stage II. If it based on the tech side well, I better start saying my prayers.
Good luck to all.

tyne22
11th Jun 2006, 17:11
Good luck ataboy.
Do you know where I can find the books for the interview.
Thanks