PDA

View Full Version : INFO ON REGIONAL

poydras
10th Jun 2006, 17:29
First of all excuse me for the english.
unfortunately my french was lost in high school.
I was contacted by the Company "Regional" (subsidiary of Air france i believe) and I'd like any info (good or bad) about it.

Merci beacoup.

POYDRAS

poydras
20th Jun 2006, 02:39
Thank you for the numerous info.
I can believe only 133 peoples look at aND NO ONE had anything to say.
Well i guess the yankees are right about the french.....
you are e race of your own... To you i live to figure out which one........................

Salut

fancyliner
20th Jun 2006, 06:47
Sorry Poytras but dont blame the french "in general" :} .
The only thing I can say about Regional is that as far as today, the policy of recruitement was very dark and some time not very fare. But that may change if this company really needs pilots (like many ones...:bored: ). Another thing I know is that this feeder of AIR france is having the same policy of selection as her, eg an equal quota betwen "Cadets" (CPL/IR with low hours), ex-military, and "Cadets" brand new pilot comming from Air france. A year ago it was said there was 30 vacancies.
Good luck maybe we will cruise one day up there , I'm trying to apply for Easy Jet, and Ryanair.
Ciao !

bleeds off
20th Jun 2006, 23:02
Hi Poydras,

First, congratulations for having been granted an interest from Regional:D:ok: . I am curious to know about the key factors of your background that led to that.
Second, I'm gonna try to make it as objective as can be even if I broadly share your opinion about the french:

As Fancyliner rightly points it out, the recruitment mechanism of this company is just unclear, and basically, being introduced from inside seemed for a long time to be the golden rule for them. If it has not been the case for you, that would constitute a fortunate improvement in their policies.:D
However, unless some unlikely Regional guy possibly connected here gets me wrong (I sincerely would be glad of that), I am pretty sure that almost none of the guys who have managed to get into this company would put themselves for the trouble to take part in some sort of ... english forum like this one just because:

1°) they've made it (they're in a real Company...)
2°) it is an english forum ...
So do not expect to get any reliable relevant info from them on pprune...

I am saying that from my real knowledge of french aviation circles for having been steeped in there during all my training time and my unsuccessful job hunting period:
In spite of my absolute readiness not to fall into the pitfall of self victimisation due to my non french origin, I had to accept the harsh reality of discrimination towards non french natives. I experienced it personally with the quoted company. However, having now stood back from that and being able to rationally analyse what happened, I would reasonably think that it was a problem of person.
Nevertheless even out of France where I am currently enjoying a good career, I just have to deplore the poor reputation of a great deal of french drivers with regards to their unjustified arrogance towards ... everybody...:=
However, there are still great cool frenchies out there and hopefully you will find some in Regional. But if u consider to sign up with them, learn french.
One of the great advantages u can enjoy with regional is the AF discounted travel system over a huge worldwide network:ok:
The take home is fair but has to be balanced with the taxes you would have to pay once a year, for which many tricks are needed to be known in order to lower them.
all the best
bleeds

QCM
21st Jun 2006, 08:26
Thank you for the numerous info.
I can believe only 133 peoples look at aND NO ONE had anything to say.
Well i guess the yankees are right about the french.....
you are e race of your own... To you i live to figure out which one........................
Salut
Hey:mad: :mad: man, this is a French forum and if at least you pretend to join this French speaking airline go back to your books and learn French,it's more difficult than criticizing Frenchies and quoting the Yankees;no one is obliged to answer you,spoiled child,and may be even not a single Regional Airline pilot did read you...anyway after what you wrote down there I don't think they will feel like answering you,they will rather be waiting for the :mad: new english speaking joiner who said so nice things :yuk: about them on this forum!!!:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Shuwi
21st Jun 2006, 10:03
Exactly,
First of all, start learning French. :E
Secondly, don't even think signing up with a french Compagny with a such good opinion of the Frenchies. :=

Coppelia
21st Jun 2006, 11:22
As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.
J'espère qu'il ne s'agit "que" de cela. Sinon, on n'est pas sortis de l'auberge.
Ca vole bas sur le French Forum ces derniers temps.

PorcoRosso
21st Jun 2006, 11:59
Bonjour Poydras

As many pointed out, the fact you did not get information about Regional means nobody had information to give you .
The French forum on Pprune is mainly used by french (or belgians ;) ) who have interest in flying overseas rather than in France.
As a french myself, I was not always welcome on foreign forums when requesting informations about airlines or operators . Last but not least, a bit of an effort at speaking french would certainly help.
What the brits or the americans think of us is the least of our concerns .
Best Regards

ASF
21st Jun 2006, 20:53
I was contacted by the Company "Regional" (subsidiary of Air france i believe) and I'd like any info (good or bad) about it.
Merci beacoup.
POYDRAS

Regional is a good airline...good salary,good conditions according to some friends of mine who work for them...interesting network...moreover,I heard recently that Air France will hire more and more pilots from Regional and Brit'air,like small US airlines do by feeding the majors...On which aircraft are you?

flyblue
21st Jun 2006, 21:56
Poydras,

"the French" proved more polite,friendly and mature than some other "race" on this one.

Your access has already been restricted on another Forum, don't tempt us.

poydras
22nd Jun 2006, 16:37
Well,
I guess I got some feed back here.
Thank you AFS for your info.
it will take me about 5-6 months to learn french at 80%, since i came from a latin background language.
Anyway flyblue my intent was just to get some info and i maybe used too much sarcarsm stating a stereotype of comment about le transalpines, but i disagree with you on the politeness.

Anyway i apologize if I got too offensive.

Salut!!

Manflex55
23rd Jun 2006, 21:54
it will take me about 5-6 months to learn french at 80%, since i came from a latin background language.and it will also take you some time to learn proper english.

Shuwi
23rd Jun 2006, 22:57
Oh, ça c'est une blague de 3ème niveau... :p

ICING AOA
24th Jun 2006, 10:36
I was contacted by the Company "Regional"

How did YOU make it ? :}

poydras
24th Jun 2006, 13:52
"and it will also take you some time to learn proper english."

At least I can write clearly enough that even a "brilliant" person like you can understand.

what else you speak? Mongolian??

Manflex55
24th Jun 2006, 14:01
At least I can write clearly enough so that even a "brilliant" person like you can understand.
what else do you speak? Mongolian??That's none of your business.

poydras
24th Jun 2006, 14:05
Oh oh, touchy here Manflex.
So it is Mongolian isn' t it???
I' LL SEE YOU AT VICTORIA sTATION

Shuwi
24th Jun 2006, 16:16
Alors là on passe carrement au 4eme niveau...
Même moi je connais pas.
L'est succeptible le garçon :8

PPRuNeUser0215
24th Jun 2006, 16:20
I' LL SEE YOU AT VICTORIA sTATION

Which Platform ? It is a bit vague don't you think ?

Manflex55
24th Jun 2006, 17:36
I' LL SEE YOU AT VICTORIA sTATIONWhich Platform ? It is a bit vague don't you think ?Doesn't matter, I NEVER take the train (or the tube) so you will definitely NOT see me there.
Try the airports.