PDA

View Full Version : OASIS is it really?

g-lock69
10th Jun 2006, 14:58
Saw an ad for oasis recently. Does anyone know what they are like? I heard one of their pilots wrote off a 207 on the east coast, sounds like they have great standards...

ContactMeNow
10th Jun 2006, 15:15
Saw an ad for oasis recently. Does anyone know what they are like? I heard one of their pilots wrote off a 207 on the east coast, sounds like they have great standards...

What about that time where QF overran then end of the RWY. Or that time where that B747 from TWA flight 800 blew-up, or when AirNZ flew into Mt erebus (sp?). The Air france concorde accident, Swissair 111 is another one!

A good site to checkout would be this one:

http://www.airdisaster.com/special/

http://www.revelation13.net/plane.html

To put it in your words, "sounds like they have great standards". Yes I know some companies are not flying with us today, but for the majority of them these SINGLE accidents were not there down bringing.

Also, excuse my "up north" ignorance, but dont Oasis fly out of Halls Creek...If so WTF are they doing on the east coast?

Bit of a sh1t stirrer me thinks :rolleyes:

CMN :ok:

Aussie
11th Jun 2006, 05:01
Caravanguy,

Only prob is u need a green card :}

Aussie

Pass-A-Frozo
11th Jun 2006, 05:04
:} Just marry a seppo

Aussie
11th Jun 2006, 05:07
Why would ya wanna make that mistake.... :confused:

hehe

:E

Chocks Away
11th Jun 2006, 05:30
...yeh, in that case it's easier (and safer) then, to go outback and get your time "cutting your teeth", gaining abit of character. You can't afford to be too prescious in this game. Relax and enjoy what those places have to offer while you're there and you'll look back on it fondly... something many cadets miss...
You won't be out there too long as the industry is moving quickly.
Happy Landings:ok:

MaryG
11th Jun 2006, 07:28
no one can argue that halls creek is a f---ing dump. however it is what you make of it. There is great fishing, 4x4'ing, motorbike trails ect if you are so inclined. Im sure the time in HC will make those trips to Broome even sweeter. Not a bad operator on all accounts, the most damage done to those machines is by the pist locals.

Mary, Quuueeen of the Kimberly, Whatayya!!

B767MAD
11th Jun 2006, 12:44
and in the hotel the Matso's beer is CHEAPER than it is in Broome at the brewry!!! go figure ... makes those nights topz as long as u stay away from long grass.:D

archangel7
11th Jun 2006, 20:41
Hey ContactMeNow,
Great comeback mate! A cleaver way to prove your point.... I am new to this site and I must admit that there is a great deal of no life ****stirrer hotheads on here! WAY To many wanks here..... I think maybe PPRUNE needs to update the system and introduce a phsyc/apt test to keep the wanks out... Now I understand why QANTAS are so strict in the employment process... There are too many wanks in this industry QANTAS have found a way to keep them out….

MaryG
11th Jun 2006, 23:51
you may even go huntin wit henry...

ContactMeNow
12th Jun 2006, 02:00
I liked you posting until you said.....

There are too many wanks in this industry QANTAS have found a way to keep them out….

Let me welcome you to this site, but let me also welcome you to the industry of aviation...

You have alot to learn son...:E

CMN :ok:

archangel7
12th Jun 2006, 21:42
HI CMN,
I know I have a'lot to learn :{ :sad:

but I was only being sarcastic on that last QANTAS bit!:rolleyes:

Mr Porter
13th Jun 2006, 09:57
anyone heard much of the current chief pilot ????

heard he is leaving and saw his job advertised.