PDA

View Full Version : Jump Seat View

planecrazy.eu
10th Jun 2006, 09:51
Hey, just a quick question that i think i know the answer too.

Does Virgin allow cockpit visits during flight anymore? They did in 1998 as i went up there, but have these rules changed now?

I would say yes and its going to be a NO, but?

NCLRULES
10th Jun 2006, 11:50
As far as I know, no airlines now allow inflight cockpit visits after 9/11. Some airlines will allow visits after landing, I know easyJet usually do.

It would be best to ask a flight attendant inflight if it is possible to visit after landing. :)

BOAC
10th Jun 2006, 14:12
Search for 'jump seat'.

planecrazy.eu
11th Jun 2006, 14:39
Think asking is the best thing to do, i will ask when i get on and request to see on landing if not during flight, just want to see a 400 cockpit, seen the old 200 with all those guages. Fingers crossed anyway, thanks for the replys...

PPRuNe Radar
11th Jun 2006, 15:45
As mentioned by BOAC, do a search on jump seats or cockpit visits.

No point asking on any UK operator, as without a requirement to be there and the relevant paperwork from the Director of Flight Ops, access isn't permitted by the UK authorities.

If circumstances permit, some crews will let you have a look around after arriving at the arrival gate. Best ask in plenty of time before arrival, as the crew will probably want to get everything sorted and off home, or to their hotel, for some relaxation as quickly as they can :ok: