PDA

View Full Version : Pan Am crash

VC10 Rib22
10th Jun 2006, 06:53
I'd just like to pass on condolences to the families of the female flight instructor and male student pilot from Pan Am International Flight Academy who tragically died in an accident on Thursday out here in Arizona, on behalf of the students from Oxford currently training out here in Scottsdale, along with those from our friends at K.L.S. and Sabena, who are all deeply saddened at your loss. We would also like to say to our fellow students at Pan Am, who we listen and talk to on a daily basis in this busy airspace, that we share your pain at this difficult time. Watching the wreckage of the little blue and white aircraft on the side of the mountain on the television before it was identified, and knowing that it could have belonged to any one of our flight schools, caused a very long night for all.
(A very sad) VC10 Rib22
:sad:

Kalium Chloride
10th Jun 2006, 08:31
Coming not long after a similar Lufthansa training accident in the same area, and the loss of another student, it's not good news.

411A
11th Jun 2006, 00:34
On the particular day in question, lots of thunderstorms and high winds (60 knots+) in the immediate area.
Trying to stay VFR, perhaps?
Lots of rather lumpy bits around the Phoenix area to catch the unwary.
Not good...:sad:

MorningGlory
12th Jun 2006, 17:07
Always terrible to hear of such a loss in these young pilots careers. I too trained at Pan Am (in Ft. Pierce) 5 years ago and after only being there a week witnessed a flight safety aircraft have a mid air with a local private pilot which ended in the loss of both planes and crew.

My sympathies go out to their family, friends and colleagues at Pan Am.

<<edit: and in "it's a small world" vein - the pilot of the flight safety aircraft was the brother of one of the 9/11 hijackers.>>