PDA

View Full Version : M25 Nightmare Longest Journey...Delayed Flight?

View From The Ground
9th Jun 2006, 18:32
I am sure that many of my airline and airport colleagues were stuck in the M25 nightmare today.....Fortunately I heard about the problem before I left work and tacked my way across country meaning my journey of 32 miles took a mere 2 hours longer than normal...What was the worst anyone experienced on their way/way back from one of the London airports?? and anyone delay a flight because crew were stuck?

78deg
9th Jun 2006, 20:09
BRS-CWL 5H45Mins

rotornut
9th Jun 2006, 20:16
It happens over here too:
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1149717019554

Slavedriver
9th Jun 2006, 22:22
I delayed a flight to Washington a few years ago because of an accident on the worlds biggest carpark. Unfortunately a certain Mr J Major was on the flight trying to get to Washington for a chat with the leader of the free world, ahem.

View From The Ground
9th Jun 2006, 22:33
The Toronto link is worth a read just for the phrase carbecue....I wonder if the motorists in that jam enjoyed the same 'water bottles from the air' service that the Surrey Police provided today.

fatboy slim
10th Jun 2006, 10:40
BHX-MAN in a shade under 7 hrs last summer. I went out and bought a car with air-con on the basis of that trip! They called from someone from EDI on standby, positioned him on a flight to MAN to cover my trip and they still got away 90 mins before i arrived at MAN. I did a later flight.

rotornut
10th Jun 2006, 15:20
Re carbecue:
Good for the Surrey Police. No such luck with our cops.

jamie2004
5th Jul 2006, 21:51
i was stuck in thatjam on the m25 today, good job my car has air conditioning otherwise i may have died from heatstroke!! was a nightmare jam, pleased to get home!

Hufty
9th Jul 2006, 08:36
It took me around 2.5 hours to get from the M23 junction to LHR once - I was pax but it turned out that all the flights were either delayed or cancelled due to thick fog so I ended up waiting on the concourse at T1 for about 3 hours then driving back home again!

Interestingly, once you were about 10 miles from LHR the fog cleared up - I would have been fine if I had chosen to fly from LGW :ugh:

I also had to sleep on the floor in T1 once due to weather delays - I can't go in there now without a flashback! :ooh:

ALLDAYDELI
13th Jul 2006, 11:24
6x hrs to get from LHR to South Crawley when lorries collided, caught fire and blocked M25 at Leatherhead one hot Friday morning a couple of years back.
Got to where I needed to be at 12.30pm a tad late.