PDA

View Full Version : ETIHAD US crew visa

towerringcumulus
9th Jun 2006, 13:29
Just wondering does anybody think it is fair that we have to use 2 of our days off to go and get our US CREW VISA? :hmm:

It's not just 2 days off! BUT we have to go before 7.30 in the morning to make the interview. Then go back the next day in the affternoon to get the passport - ALL AT OUR OWN EXPENSE!!!?? :\

We even have to pay for the visa (DHS 370) ourself and claim it back later.

Anybody think this is acceptable or should the company have shown a little bit more understanding??? Oh yes, and rumor is if we don't go by July 4, we will be remove from roster and give a warning! :ugh:

Remember as a Etihad staff, we are the company biggest and most important asset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperBoy
10th Jun 2006, 00:44
It all depends on the Terms and Conditions you signed when you joined the company.

To be fair it does sound a bit ridiculous that you have to get a visa on your own time to be able to do a job the company employed you to do.

A few moons ago I worked for a charter company based in the uk. Working conditions tend(please note i said TEND, to those who might misconstrue) to be alot worse working in charter than it is working for a decent scheduled airline.

However when it came to the american visas the company gave us(everyone who went on to long haul) the appropriate documentation to fill out, the company made the appointment for us at the embassy, the company paid to coach us to the embassy and back, and the company paid for the visas. This was all done on a rostered working day and we were paid our hourly rates/allowances for the whole day on top of that.

It sounds to me like your company is seriously taking the p***.

If I were you I would sit and read the company T & q's again. Maybe question someone in hr or take it up with the union.

sydflyboy
10th Jun 2006, 06:25
ROFL...... that is so wrong.. another reason why ey is no where near as good as ek.. ours is all paid for by the company as it should be.. and they roster us the day off..

Bredrin
10th Jun 2006, 18:01
Eighteen or so years later, I hope Emirates is better at IT. Talk to the guys who were at EK 15 years ago. You WILL be surprised.

apaddyinuk
11th Jun 2006, 04:08
Im sorry luvvie but we at BA have to do it too (and EI AND most other airlines these days). US Immigration want to actually see you in the embassy before they issue you with a visa and considering you work for an Arab airline I imagine this is even more so the case!!!

HoHum
16th Jun 2006, 14:34
And they want to know why EK crew are looked down on for their attitude towards others....... it is comments like this that prove the point. I hope one day, sydflyboy, that you fall from that incredibly high perch of yours and break your neck!!:D

I would have loved to have seen what it was like when EK started up - everything would have been perfect, no doubt. Well, according to sydflyboy, anyway !!!)

And yes, I know that not all EK crew are like this....... but still those comments are not required.:oh:

JamesHook
3rd Jul 2006, 01:28
As ususal. Any decent airline takes their crew in groups to get their visa and they pay for all expenses including transport, and this is even in poor countries like Ethiopia. It does not amaze me that those idiots at EY can't put it together. As for the terms an conditions in the employment contract? For God's sake. That paper you sign at Etihad is not even worth toilet paper! Why do you think there is a minimum of 15 cabin crew resigning every month, many of whom don't even bother to resign, but they just walk out! And they will never get their salary which is owed. :ugh: BRAVO ETD!