PDA

View Full Version : News: Dragonair is now part of Cathay Pacific

UlsterPPL
9th Jun 2006, 13:25
Just picking up this latest news to share.

http://downloads.cathaypacific.com/cx/press/JointPressRelease_Eng_1.pdf

Aussie
10th Jun 2006, 00:13
Interesting.

Is this going to bring any changes to the way Dragon or Cathay currently operate?

Cheers

Aussie

gotak
15th Jun 2006, 15:45
I hear from people that it's going to stay the way it is for now. You can't expect two companies to merge into one in a day. I hear something about the next 5 years or so they might slowly merge into one.

It makes sense to eventually to merge the companies but there are usually tax reasons etc not to do so at first. Where I worked before, large mobile network, we were owned by a larger telco but we were seperate for ages because they wanted to keep the union out of the mobile operations for as long as possible. Eventually the union made a stink and they decide to merge to "consolidate their resources" but everyone knew if they didn't lose to the union they would have kept things seperate.

PLJ
15th Jun 2006, 21:49
Has there been any agreement between the unions in terms of standardising salaries and seniority. How will this affect pilots who are joining Cathay or Dragon now? I guess they go to the bottom of a very large seniority list?

Glass Half Empty
15th Jun 2006, 22:49
All KA pilots to join the CX seniority list with effect from merger date - at the bottom!!!!!

cx4dummies
16th Jun 2006, 01:50
Amalgamation of:

Admin & Ops: +/- 2yrs
KA Freighters: +/-2yrs
Pax Fleet: +/-5 Yrs

Night Watch
16th Jun 2006, 10:04
cx4dummies

Which office is that.... KA or CX? If it's CX, where on IntaCX did u read it? Or is that just a rumour "from the office"

cx4dummies
16th Jun 2006, 10:40
Thats the latest "word" from the cx office!