PDA

View Full Version : Night in Dubai

Bugcrusher
9th Jun 2006, 11:09
Any good spots for a night out for a Brit pilot in Dubai?????

Fox3snapshot
9th Jun 2006, 11:51
CYCLONE!!!!!!!! :E

chinny
9th Jun 2006, 12:21
:= you bad boy Fox 3......but:ok:

cc
VTSP

Left Wing
9th Jun 2006, 12:36
a bit more cash in the pocket.....Amnesia, Dubai Park Hotel, Sheik Zayed Rd...a bit better "crowd" than Cyclone :8

CAT IIIB
10th Jun 2006, 06:59
Yeahhh...Cyclone!!!!::ok:

PITA
10th Jun 2006, 08:14
I roveeee you long time good time GI,
Bye me Honda.

AirNoServicesAustralia
10th Jun 2006, 12:33
If you arrive between 1030pm and 1am into Dubai, maybe not the most popular nightspot but certainly the most frequented would have to be the DESDI Hold. Enjoy!! :ok:

Fart Master
10th Jun 2006, 14:30
The Rattlesnake, metropolitan hotel, it's real classy:O :O

Fox3snapshot
10th Jun 2006, 20:19
Well Desdi Hold and Cyclone have a lot in common, you go around and around until you get the right slot and it always ends up costing shedloads of money! The only difference at the Cyclone there is always the happy ending! :E

Muttley Crew
10th Jun 2006, 20:22
Desdi Hold and Cyclone have a lot in common, you go around and around until you get the right slot and it always ends up costing shedloads of moneyYou forgot to add that you always feel fcuked at the end of it.

PS: Landing at Dubai is a happy ending too.... :}

Isn't it?????

desert queen
11th Jun 2006, 03:57
The Irish Village is a good place to go for drinks and a bite to eat. If you get into town in the afternoon, you could book a desert drive (dune bashing) followed by dinner in the desert - good fun. Chose a reputable company for this though. Mall of the Emirates (ski Dubai) if you would like to give skiing or snowboarding a bash.)

mensaboy
11th Jun 2006, 09:45
I would have to disagree with the Irish Village idea. I used to go there every now and then, but as of the last year i have found the service and food to be terrible. Just my opinion.

Rock Bottom is good for a laugh if you can handle a crowded, smokey environment, but it is entertaining at least.

Aussi legends isn't bad, a pub atmosphere. Scarlets....... forget about it. There is also that pub in the Rotana by the defence roundabout interchange, which has good food and pleasant staff. In addition, if the same eastern european hostess is still there, she is definitely worth the trip.

Dubliners is good....... at that hotel across from the airport (name eludes me at the moment sorry) A smallish pub, with good beer and staff. As i recall there is also some sort of dance type club next door too.

BYMONEK
11th Jun 2006, 16:46
Mensaboy

You're not talking about Double decker are you? (pub in Rotana)

maddog62
12th Jun 2006, 04:48
Mensaboy
You're not talking about Double decker are you? (pub in Rotana)

I think he means Longs bar

AirNoServicesAustralia
12th Jun 2006, 10:30
Yeh Longs Bar, and pay 26 dirhams per beer. :{

mensaboy
12th Jun 2006, 15:24
Good call, yes it was Double Decker. Granted i've only been there once but thought it was a nice place and the food was good. I have been to Longs a few times and its ok. Its a bit of an odd place though, with quite the mix of different people. I've seen some interesting antics at Longs though, which spices up the evening, lol

petitfromage
12th Jun 2006, 18:47
For nightstops anywhere this is always a good place to start:
www.worldsbestbars.com

DXB is hard to call now-a-days.
The Agency & Uptown Bar are good. Sho Chos has its goodnights. Also Bar360 at the Jumeriah Beach Hotel is a good place to kick off.

Bugcrusher
17th Jun 2006, 03:02
Thanks for all the input guys, sounds like it can be interesting:E

Blair Brownnose
6th Jul 2006, 05:41
Amnesia 100dhs entry fee; until flash EK ID. See we do get some perks!:ok: