PDA

View Full Version : Mac-Air Pilots have a win

Defenestrator
9th Jun 2006, 08:49
From the Mac-air website,
***-*** pilots endorse new employment agreement
****** Airlines and our pilot body have endorsed a new three year collective agreement.
The Managing Director of ***-*** Airlines, Randal McFarlane, said today this endorsement was a positive outcome for both the company and the pilots in an era of tough airline business.
"It's about employees and employers working together to come up with an Agreement that works for the benefit of both parties".
"***-*** always wants to be an employer of choice and we understand about good staff relations."
"It enhances our retention rates, we want our valued employees to stay with us, we want them to continue to be part of the ***-*** team and I believe that what we have achieved today we will aid in keeping our highly skilled pilots in North Queensland."
Mr McFarlane said he believed the successful negotiations, completed with the assistance of industrial relations consultant, Mr Alan Hollway, were the result of good will on the side of both parties.
"Our pilots and our management team had open dialogue during the negotiation period and we succeeded by both sides listening to each other and keeping the lines of communications open," Mr McFarlane said.
***-*** Airlines employs 70 pilots and another 85 aviation professionals in Queensland.
***-*** Airlines is a Qantas Frequent Flyer partner and operates a fleet of modern propjets and services 40 destinations throughout regional Queensland in additional to providing fly in fly out services for their many mining partners.

Any of those affected by the "agreement" care to comment. Historically McFarlane has always been pretty tough when it comes to these things. I'd like to think that the guys and gals up there had a win.

kimwestt
11th Jun 2006, 07:17
:ugh: :D Sounds like the Garden Gnome didn't have his finger in this pie - thank goodness

turbinejunkie
13th Jun 2006, 04:23
The agreement voted for was voted up for one reason: McFarlane wasn't going to pay the pilots any more than the current GA Award rate plus 3% (CPI) and the pilot body cracked when the pressure was on (i.e. to take protected action). :{

Additionally, with Howard's work choices crap that this "agreement" is based on, the company can utilise contract pilots on AWA's making the agreement not worth a pinch of nanny goats poop anyway.:suspect:

It is also proposed that new hires will pay for their endorsement costs $12K Saab, $10K Metro. At the moment the bonding system remains but the EBA allows the company to do what it likes. Beware to all who contemplate a career with this outfit.:hmm:

The only win for the pilots (that should bite M@cair in the place where the sun doesn't shine when the time comes) is a little clause that requires Ops to make any changes for a pilot's duty to be wholly within a 2 hour buffer either side of the originally rostered duty (instead of the current billion changes a day that leave the pilots no option but to do it).

A pilot can now say "Sorry, got something on, can't do it." if Ops tries to get them to fly a duty that will be outside of the original +/- 2 hrs. :E

TJ :ok:

Aussie
13th Jun 2006, 05:47
Pay for endorsement... it just doesnt end does it!

Good luck to 'em!

Aussie

Hans Solo
14th Jun 2006, 01:05
F**K ME!!

If you call that "A WIN", then I'd hate to see what they would do if they'd screwed you guys!

Not surprising from this particular company, but nothing worthwhile is ever for free.

When will it end?????????

Merlins Magic
14th Jun 2006, 02:09
Are they still putting crews up in that dodgy flat in Isa?

What is the latest on the possible Isa base? Did this play a part in the agreement?

turbinejunkie
22nd Jun 2006, 13:21
Are they still putting crews up in that dodgy flat in Isa?
Yes.
What is the latest on the possible Isa base? Did this play a part in the agreement?
Shelved. Managment planned to establish it if the crew worked to rule as planned / voted for / agreed upon / later squibbed out on.

It was not needed when pilot body caved in and split. McFarlane dragging things out for over 2 years wore the pilot group's resolve down to around their ankles as they bent over for the inevitable shafting.

TJ :{

DutyofCare
23rd Jun 2006, 06:22
I exercise a Duty of Care in Moderating this Forum.

Your language and in particular your reference to an individual by name, is totally unacceptable. Perhaps you should not comment of matters of which you obviously have little knowledge?

You have a two week vacation whilst you read - and this time learn - the Rules!!!

To the person named, on behalf of PPRuNe, DutyofCare extends a sincere apology to you and an apology to all PPRuNe users for publicly displaying his IQ, which he is able to count on one hand!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sunny Woomera

JetA_OK
23rd Jun 2006, 08:18
Duty of Care - I'd be a bit suss if I was investing in a 1900 operation in Western Qld! But I do have a lovely bridge that you may be interested in.

Icarus2001
23rd Jun 2006, 08:51
Duty of CareYOU'LL LOOSE THOSE QLD WESTERN RUNS Did you mean lose?
THEN RURAL QLD WILL GET A DESCENT RELIABLE AIRSERVICE Did you mean decent?

DutyofCare
23rd Jun 2006, 09:22
YeS Ur coRect ! I fink iT Woz 2 much time up Da Fly river! Lookim...

Perhaps you need time up the Fly River? Your vacation has now been extended to one month - and only because I'm feeling generous. You deserve more!!

:mad:

Sunny Woomera