PDA

View Full Version : Hardy 210 written off??

morno
8th Jun 2006, 13:20
Just heard that a Hardy 210 was written off sometime in the last week or so, at Delissaville. With none other than the Chief Pilot on board, conducting a base check.

Story goes that the gear wasn't put down during a glide approach, and the go around was initiated too late, and intertia took over, taking them to the ground, dragging the tail on the ground, and then into a fence.

Speedbird23, good to see if the clients paid those extra few bucks, they'll come out worse than just loosing a few bags through a prop.....

Morno

Continental-520
8th Jun 2006, 13:49
Sorry to hear it, I hope the occupants are safe and well. Has not been an altogether good year for those guys so far, sadly.

As for speedbird23, mate, I hear the rule around that place is that it's a carton for each screw up, or deviation from SOPs, such as not supporting a C404 crew door with one's arm when taxiing around. Good idea. Enforces discipline.

Surely this has got to be worth a pallet for the boys....?

lahso29
9th Jun 2006, 12:17
strange fact is that when another operator in darwin has an incident there are people all over it but when the hardly aviator boys get in strife there seems to be all hush:hmm: makes you wonder where all the negativity on these threads comes from. :confused:
oh btw must of been embarassing for the boys from HA & Ausjet who were involved in the ground collision with the chief minister :ok: im sure she cant wait for her next trip.

keep up the good work fellas :D but i guess you get what you pay for.

also glad to hear that the pob on the 210 are alright:O i hope old mate passed his check ride

Capt Claret
11th Jun 2006, 18:52
lahso29

Do tell more.

The collision was such a non-event that the Chief Minister doesn't even recall being there. :=

MaryG
11th Jun 2006, 23:39
is there a company out there that has had 210's over a sustained period and not bent one at one time or other. The best thing is most of them don't end up in fatalities. Most of the Darwin operators have bent one at one stage or other, the two mobs in kunn have both done and the same in broome.
A testiment i believe to a very well built machine, most of them fly again too - that is why you buy a 210 over a cirrus or a plastic fantastic.

whether it be pilot error or whatever the cause, the lucky thing was the aircraft was a 210. Those guys will fly again, even if the 210 dosn't.

sootyg
12th Jun 2006, 02:26
Thankfully no-one was hurt. Nobody should worry about what company it was who crashed, or who was sitting in the right seat. Lets hope the lads gets right back on the horse.

All in all the said pilots are an ok bunch, however, one does get detect an attitude of arrogance . Why oh why ?? Guys... youre just another bunch of GA pilots flying another bunch of crappy GA a/c for another GA company. An attitude my guess, filtering down from the top. Boy those three really make me laugh.. well guess what .....your sh*t stinks just like everyone else's

Troopy
12th Jun 2006, 10:39
MaryG

I'm pretty sure that ngukurr boys didnt bend one.Thats going back 2001 to 2002. think that it was luck on our side though. by the way can anyone tell me what happend to the old troopy since the collapse

ampk
12th Jun 2006, 13:43
Luck and a lot of Lances Id say Maryg.

If its the old troopy Im thinking of still licking the wounds got bitten hard. Hope he pulls through he aint bad.

As for the rest of staff got jobs real quick.

VH-GRUMPY
13th Jun 2006, 10:28
When I was first endorsed on a retractable my instructor said that 'there are those pilots who have had a gear up landing - and those who will.'

Have been in two aircraft (C210 and B36) which have had undercarriage failures but both 2 greens and one red indications were picked up and the manual procedures worked.

TJW

Hugh Jarse
13th Jun 2006, 10:46
Grumpy,
I have to disagree with your statement about "those who have, and those who will".

If that were the case, not only would aviation be an extremely dangerous place to be, but every aircraft in Australia will have landed wheels-up several times:confused: based on the pilot to aircraft ratio....

Personally, If I knew that I was destined to have a wheels up, (like it or not, based on those who have, and those who will)....I don't think I'd have gotten into this gig:uhoh: Too bloody scary!

It kind of reminds me of Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em: "There are old pilots, and bold pilots. But there are no old, bold pilots".;)

Okaaaayyyy.......I reckon Bob Hoover is pretty bold (and pretty old). Wish I was half as talented as him:)

LUVJET
13th Jun 2006, 11:06
Capt Claret,

how do you know the chief minister does not recall been there ??

Lets wait and see how long it will be before the CM flies again with same mob.

Do not insult the intelligence of the CM you fool.

LUVJET
13th Jun 2006, 11:16
Capt Claret & Minority Few,

Forgot to mention .......you get what you pay for ?? what goes around comes around.....you pay peanuts you get .......

KARMA KARMA KARMA KARMA.

Best everyone puts heads down asses up and worries about their own progression.

I hope the minority few take note.

compressor stall
13th Jun 2006, 12:01
He probably asked her!

A well heeled socialite is our capt :ok:

slice
13th Jun 2006, 13:49
Anyone know the rego of the C210 involved ?

boeingwest
13th Jun 2006, 13:58
Captain Claret and Captain Clare are like that OK! :ok: She's a frequent flier with Claret airlines, she loves his landings I am told :D (she knows what to do when the crew call brace); I've seen him waving to her from the flight deck window on the odd occasion too... if only she had an ASIC clarry, she could ride up the front with you in the pointy end. :}

The Voice
13th Jun 2006, 20:32
Clarrie, Im not sure whether you need defending or not, :E oh what the hell, why not .. Luvjet, you are way off the mark. I'd be thinking that Clarrie would have pretty good first hand info on what Clare Bear may or may not have knowledge of. As Stalled one indicated, our Clarrie and his charming bride are part of a well informed circle of top, topenders ..

'scuse me, just need to borrow the thread for a mo .. Hey Stallie not too cold for ya? How long till the nuptials?

Capt Claret
13th Jun 2006, 23:00
Well LUVJET .... you fool. I guess there's not much to say, other than at times it's best not to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

boeingwest

she could ride up the front with you in the pointy end.

Been there, done that.

Stallie

Correct. It seemed like the sensible thing to do.

Mind you I don't know that I'd use the term "well heeled socialite."

tinpis
14th Jun 2006, 01:00
our Clarrie and his charming bride are part of a well informed circle of top, topenders .

OMG....!!! Clarrie...NOT THE ROMA BAR..!!! ????:uhoh: :hmm:

Capt Claret
14th Jun 2006, 01:35
Tin, you mean that communist den of iniquity? Don't really like their coffee too much. I'm more of a Cyclone Cafe type. You've gotta love an owner operator who doesn't take cr@p from his customers. :E

The Voice
14th Jun 2006, 05:10
errrm .. didn't the Roma Bar close down? (or did it just shuffle up the road a bit?) Any cafe has to be better than some of the mainstream muck available down here! :hmm:

Kanga767
14th Jun 2006, 05:22
I can't afford to park my car in town anymore but I think it is now in Knuckey street, next to the old Woolies.

K

Capt Claret
14th Jun 2006, 05:52
Voice et al,

The Roma Bar moved to what was Cafe Bella in Cavenagh St, a couple of hundred metres towards Bennet St, and on the opposite side of the road from where it was. There was a ceremonial march from the old premisis, with each person carrying a piece of furniture, to the new, which was featured on ABC news, along with a potted history of the Roma Bar.

The Roma Bar is one of the few commercial establishments, if not the only one, to be mentioned in a Midnight Oil song. Truganini if memory serves. Business is booming in the new location.

Kanga

I wonder if you're thinking of the old Cafe Capri, which is now Moorish (sp?) and just down from the old woolies?

Kanga767
14th Jun 2006, 05:58
Ah yea, that's what that is. I'm gonna have to take a drive into town again to refamiliarise myself.
K

RENURPP
14th Jun 2006, 08:25
Luvjet
you are an abusive character aren’t you?
Maybe a touch over confident as well

A quote from a famous person
quit while you are behind.

again , good night and i strongly suggest you stop your nonsense.

thinking pilot
14th Jun 2006, 10:54
Hardy Crash List

C210 ANS Wheels up Cape Don 1999, Bruce T
C210 Wheels up Croker Island,Terry P
C206 Prop strike, Wash bay Darwin Airport, Lawrence D
C404 Fence strike Darwin Airport, Damian K
C206 Fence strike Darwin Airport, Rob M

We all make mistakes.:=

MaryG
14th Jun 2006, 13:46
i personally believe that posting these names is not very nice nor constructive. in fact it is pretty poor and not in the good spirit which the industry should abide.:ugh:
Even the more experienced GA pilots make these blunders, like the Slingair 310 incident a few years back or the GAM shrike wheels up this year. It's not just freshies in 210's.

The Voice
14th Jun 2006, 21:26
Thanks Clarrry, it was still in the old spot when I was last there .. guess I'll just have to meander up to the new spot for something to do next time I'm in town.

If it is as busy as ever there, I guess its location in proximity to the Court building and chambers would make it a morning must for those legal types! :E

thinking pilot
15th Jun 2006, 00:29
i personally believe that posting these names is not very nice nor constructive. in fact it is pretty poor and not in the good spirit which the industry should abide.:ugh:
Even the more experienced GA pilots make these blunders, like the Slingair 310 incident a few years back or the GAM shrike wheels up this year. It's not just freshies in 210's.

We all make mistakes at some stage, hopefully we can learn from them.

Hey Mary G, I was one of the above mentioned pilots.

tinpis
20th Jun 2006, 03:45
Oh the Cyclone..? :hmm: thats handy for Clare Bear to pop in and share a tofu burger and soy latte with you Clarrie :p

Capt Claret
20th Jun 2006, 07:59
Tofu :yuk: :yuk:
Soy :yuk:

Mind you, Vince's mum makes a nice steak sammich, and it's good to walk in the door and get a nod, knowing that the coffee's on the way, and that it's consistently good.

Might see you there one day Tin. :}

thinking pilot
20th Jun 2006, 10:38
:D Bring on Hardy aviation mark2, the good ole days are long gone.

Who can rememeber golf days with Greg Imlay, sleep overs with Marie, and fun runs with John.

Long live the Porsche Boxter.

The thinking man's pilot.

Erin Brockovich
21st Jun 2006, 06:21
sleep overs with MarieOOOhhh…..Kay :eek:
“That’s Mrs Hardy to you – now get back in bed.” :E

ampk
22nd Jun 2006, 14:21
GIVE EM a break
lot of guys would love a job with them.

been around a while n got the best of intentions

thanks for having morals Hardy's. KEEP IT UP.

Continental-520
23rd Jun 2006, 07:37
Tim's Surf & Turf (aka Ten Litchfield St) does a mean feed for little $$$$.

Give the Cairns and Townsville ones a miss, though. Ugh.

520. ;)

morno
24th Jun 2006, 07:00
Slagging off other companies when they themselves are really not any better?? You call that morals?

I beg to differ, :hmm:...

morno