PDA

View Full Version : Anyone worked for Cobden Aviation?

Rob_F_86
8th Jun 2006, 12:29
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever worked for a company called Cobden Aviation in Mildura, Victoria, Australia?

If so...what were they like?

How about Stawell Aviation Services?

Any help appreciated!

tinpis
8th Jun 2006, 22:00
Boy !..Cobden?... thats going back.........:hmm:
About ten years before your birth.

barney01
9th Jun 2006, 11:01
Dont know about the Cobden Aviation people BUT Stawell Aviation Services is run by a bloke called Graham Boatman.

What Graham doesn't know about single engine Cessnas probably isn't worth knowing.

Does plenty of charters and fire spotting ( although you will want plenty of hours before he will let anyone do fire spotting - think 1000+). Does do training (including an excellant advanced handling course on bush operations) but can be a real pain to get bookings.

Think he has 2x172 2x206 1x172RG and has a tecnam(is the vic/tas agent, so very biased).

Great pilot, loads of fun, knows his stuff.

Has had some issues with CASA (suspended AOC for a while, lots of time in courts, lots of money paid to lawyers, Graham back in the air).

Just for the record Graham is a competitor of mine so I am certainly not trying to talk him up for my own benefit.

Pine Tree
9th Jun 2006, 21:56
Not sure what the story is these days with Cobden Aviation. His two sons are in the industry one with Sunstate and the other with Qantas - both Captains.

Its the Pleats
10th Jun 2006, 00:48
Doesn't K. Cobden operate a aerostar? I might be behind the times...