PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service Jobs in USA

SamGuest
8th Jun 2006, 09:28
Hi,

I have recently finished my a-level courses where i obtained a grade A for Travel & Tourism and a grade B for Information & Communication Technology (Advanced IT Computing).

Several work experiences as a customer service rep at Newcastle Airport has allowed me to decide that this is something i would now like to take on as a career.

However, I am planning on moving to the United States, i have been in touch with the American Embassy all week and have learned that i am eligible for an EB3 Visa (Unskilled Employee) - However before being accepted for a green card i need to have a job offer - and this is where the problem lies.

I have tried to apply for jobs online with airlines such as Southwest Airlines and they have several vacancies that interest me, however when trying to apply it asks me which state i live in, and i have to use a drop down menu to select, now obviously i don’t live there yet so i am unable to proceed with application.

I have just sent an email to British Airways telling them about my situation to see if they have any jobs within America that they would consider me for.

The point of this post is to ask you all for some advice on how i should go about applying for jobs, I have been told that if i am considered for a job with an airline such as American Airlines or United Airlines, that i may be able to attend an interview in London rather than the USA, although i am willing to travel to the USA at my own expense if a job is offered.

Please feel free to offer any information or advice. Thank you all for your time :hmm: :ugh: