PDA

View Full Version : Is GA better now than 2 years ago?

Crashtruk
8th Jun 2006, 08:42
I did my PPL 2.5 years ago. Then I had 2 kids in quick succesion. As you can imagine finances where channelled away from A/C hire and into more family orientated items. I have not flown for 2 years, Radio controlled planes and MS Flight sim do not count:), knowing one day I would once again pursue my passion for flight. As that time is drawing near and I am preparing myself to rejoin the pilot fraternity. As I have discovered things have changed a bit over the last couple of years. The cost of my medical, NAS (changed, changed back, I am soooo confused) and then there is the ASIC :ugh: . Do you think GA is in better shape now, or was it better before all these changes took place. Don't get me wrong, change is a good thing, or a bad thing. It depends on what changes. How do I get back into the left hand seat after a lengthy break?

AerocatS2A
8th Jun 2006, 11:16
It actually doesn't matter what GA is like now, bvy the time you get current and ready to get a job or whatever, it might have changed again.

Just go for it, I say.

Aussie
8th Jun 2006, 11:17
Interesting times ahead if you ask me...

Aussie

rmcdonal
8th Jun 2006, 12:41
GA is sort of the same (bit hard to tell while the walls are still moving). If your just buzzing around VFR for the fun of flight then I would say go RA. They seem to have their own rules and regs that are practical and easy to get a long with (EG they don’t shift while underfoot, and seem to care about membership). Also it’s cheaper, the aircraft are newer, and some can hold the same as a light single.:rolleyes:
Good luck and congrats on the littlens :ok:

BARON DRIVER
8th Jun 2006, 13:11
GA CHANGES,

Well DOTARS, says we all need an ASIC to go and land at Birdsville, which has one RPT service a week, if im correct?

Good change? I think not. Good money raiser though!

ampk
12th Jun 2006, 13:29
Sure it has.

Different sharks
and I think there bigger.