PDA

View Full Version : FAA Comercial check ride (Europe)

wlynx
8th Jun 2006, 08:42
Is there any where, or some one any one could suggest that I contact to complete 2 hours solo night, and a FAA commercial flight test closer to home than the US. ( Robinson R-22 )

I recently spent a couple of weeks in The US to obtain my FAA CPL prior to moving to the US. I managed to complete all the requirements and obtain my PPL and then pass all written exams for Commercial. and get all the relevant log book endorsements and sign offs how ever I was unable to complete the Flight exam as booked because bad weather prevented me from obtaining the 2 hours of solo night that I required prior to taking the commercial flight test.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

TheFlyingSquirrel
8th Jun 2006, 09:08
Where did you end up going W ?

wlynx
8th Jun 2006, 09:23
Hi,

I completed every thing with Silverhawk aviation in Caldwell, Idaho. a great little out fit, very friendly and professional, they bent over back wards to help, even had some one fly with me all during the memorial week end bank holiday.

it was just that time was limited for me, and the weather got the better of me on just one night, the night I needed the last two hours of solo night prior to the check ride the next morning. I have no problem with going back to them to finish off, I am just impatient and want to get it finished here if at all possible to save another trip to the US prior to moving.

The written's were no problem after using your soft ware, thanks for that.

W......

DryAir
8th Jun 2006, 09:39
Where did you end up going W ?

i believe TFS was referring to where you are right now.. to refer you to the nearest site available.

wlynx
8th Jun 2006, 09:59
dryair,

Its fine, no confusion, TFS and I have corresponded before via mail, we know where we are each situated, but if any one else can help I am located in Lincolnshire at the moment, prior to moving to the U.S within the next few months, I just wanted to finish off my commercial here in Europe prior to moving if at all possible, to save on the expense of another trip to the USA prior to moving.:ok:

And so I can send out some resumes and job search from here.

Martin1234
8th Jun 2006, 14:17
You should be able to get the 2 hours night either by finding an N-reg aircraft or get a JAA instructor to send you off for solo night flying on a G-reg (if I remember correctly, you can only use your FAA CPL for day VFR on G-reg in the UK, but I'm not 100% sure).

Adam House is an FAA examiner in the UK. He can do the check-ride for you if you give him notice a few weeks in advance. Cost for flight test is approximately £600 + aircraft rental. PM me if you want his phone number.

Remember that you must have received 3 hours of training from an FAA instructor within X (3 months?) before you take the practical flight test.